Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Goins
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

decrease spell casting time for the new spell Crusade

The cast time is to long on PLD and need to be cut in have. The new spells Crusade should have cast time like flash
    (2)

Player
    I'd prefer more fast cast myself. It only takes 2.5 seconds to cast on RUN, because they have capped fast cast natively as a merit category. Meanwhile PLD's struggling to get even half way to the fast cast cap even with the new wildskeeper augments.
    (1)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    I'd prefer more fast cast myself. It only takes 2.5 seconds to cast on RUN, because they have capped fast cast natively as a merit category. Meanwhile PLD's struggling to get even half way to the fast cast cap even with the new wildskeeper augments.
    Totally agree. The most pld can get right now is 48 fc for enhancing magic and that's with using Majorelle shield which isn't preferred over Ochain. I do like teaming up with RUNs though for the fast cast you can get from them with inspiration merited and valiance up.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Only takes me 0 seconds to never cast it... so I'd prefer the spell to actually be useful first
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Only takes me 0 seconds to never cast it... so I'd prefer the spell to actually be useful first
    I'm not sure how the spell is for PLDs, but for RUN it's amazing. Maybe because PLD already can get so much more + Enmity than RUN, they get less increase from it. on RUN I have currently about +28 enmity without Crusade, only 10 of which is in all of my gear sets, the rest is just for flash and foil macros. Therefore it's a 23% increase in hate from those 2 spells and a 27% increase from everything else.

PLD on the other hand can get probably over 60 or more as a base, so they'd only see a 18% increase. And, unless Crusade goes above the current =100 cap, it's achieving nothing for PLD while under the effects of Sentinel.

But, as Aeron said, pairing up a RUN and a PLD makes a great combo
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    How's it not useful?
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Because it in no way addresses the core issues with the enmity system. And doesn't change the futility of trying to tank once the DD's have hit the hate cap.

That said, I'm still glad to have it. But we still need a real fix for the enmity system.
    (1)

Player
    I just figure the +30 Enmity counts toward the Enmity loss reduction that Enmity+ does with gear. I also don't know what was ever figured out with Aero's idea of having 100 Enmity in your standard gear to eliminate hate loss. This spell and Burtgang would put a PLD at 48, with another 52 in gear which I assume to be fairly easy a PLD could have capped Enmity without any way of losing it by my understanding.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It hasn't been tested whether there's a cap on the CE loss reduction via enmity+ gear. So we don't know how high that can go. Heck, we don't even know how potent the effect is. Whether it's -1% per +1 enmity, or if there's some formula it goes through.

It doesn't really matter if you can't lose CE though. Once at enmity cap, the thing that determines who has the mobs attention, is who was the last to act. Naturally, there are more DDs than tanks. So the frequency of action from non-tanks will be vastly higher than that of the tank. So the majority of the time, the mob will be aimed at someone aside from the tank.

This holds true whether you ever lose CE or not. DD's will constantly recap CE even if they do take damage. Probably just via melee hits. If not, next WS would recap.

So while Crusade helps you hit cap faster, and reduces enmity loss, it doesn't address the issue that currently invalidates tanking.
    (1)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    It hasn't been tested whether there's a cap on the CE loss reduction via enmity+ gear. So we don't know how high that can go. Heck, we don't even know how potent the effect is. Whether it's -1% per +1 enmity, or if there's some formula it goes through.

It doesn't really matter if you can't lose CE though. Once at enmity cap, the thing that determines who has the mobs attention, is who was the last to act. Naturally, there are more DDs than tanks. So the frequency of action from non-tanks will be vastly higher than that of the tank. So the majority of the time, the mob will be aimed at someone aside from the tank.

This holds true whether you ever lose CE or not. DD's will constantly recap CE even if they do take damage. Probably just via melee hits. If not, next WS would recap.

So while Crusade helps you hit cap faster, and reduces enmity loss, it doesn't address the issue that currently invalidates tanking.
    So this. Having 100enmity makes no noticeable difference in tanking really. I went to a bee wkr and I was using a 70enmity set with an acc/pdt/capped haste set up. The only reason I was able to maintain some semblance of hate control was because I was /drk and using last resort to lower my attack delay as much as possible. The support was making sure that I had marches and haste which in most other cases youll see the other dds get as well.

I'm wondering if Suppa lowers attack delay even if you only have one wpn equipped? If dual wielding gets applied even if only one wpn is equip the devs could add more gear to help pld lower its attack delay so that in situation were hate is capped we can maintain hate. I was maintaining AM3 pretty much constant and really only ws'ing once the AM was initially applied, dmg not being my primary concern. Also keeping jas/mas to a minimum because the forced delays associated with both actions really hinder your able to maintain hate control.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast