Thread: Black Screen

Character
    Yunda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95

Black Screen

I was doing wings of the goddess missions in bastok markets(s). I had a couple of problems with some of the cutscenes freezing up so I had to reset a couple times. I finished Storm on the Horizon and logged off. Now whenever I log in it goes to a black screen with chat box and sending/receiving there. After a couple seconds the chat box and sending/receiving GUI disappear and it is just a black screen. I have left it there for over an hour and it doesn't fix it. Other people have characters on that account and I have logged them on and off just fine. I only have problems with my character. I'm currently playing on ps2 with dsl connection.
    (0)

Support Rep
    Yunda,

We would like to apologize for the problems you are experiencing, and we can offer a few suggestions to try to assist you in resolving this problem.

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    (0)

Character
    Yunda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    Is there a way to send him to his home point? I would warp him if i could. I'm even on blm at the moment, but I can't even log in. It is not a problem with my connection because then I'd have trouble with the other characters. It seems more like a cutscene failing to activate.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SE_James View Post
    We would like to apologize for the problems you are experiencing, and we can offer a few suggestions to try to assist you in resolving this problem.
    You know damned well his problem is the years-old unresolved PS2 bug. Sending him on this wild goose chase helps no one and accomplishes nothing.
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    From another thread with a different problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SE_James View Post
    Logandor,

We do apologize for the problems you are experiencing. An issue such as this is generally a failure in the communications between your system and our servers in Japan. Your system is waiting for a response from the game servers that it’s not receiving for whatever reason, leaving you at the loading screen while it waits. We can offer a few suggestions for this problem.

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    Are we just getting botted responces now?
    (4)

Player
    Some people that work for this company apparently are born with their heads rammed up their butts and dont understand that not everyone plays this game on pc! SOME OF US ACTUALLY PLAY ON PS2/3!!!! I dont consider FFXI to be PC worthy! Most black screens happen on PS2/3 and since SE doesnt have enough sense to understand this concept, I doubt theyll do anything about it! They know how to withdraw money out of our credit cards but wont help us when we need it! ISPs deserve to have the stupid slapped out of them! >=( It really doesnt take rocket science to figure out how to remove objects out of your butt! >.>
    (3)

Player
    This is the email SE sent to me after I had to spell it out to them that I play on PS2:

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for support. Please find your answer below. Based on your recent confirmation that you are playing on the Playstation 2 the following suggestions are related to your issue, however if you are still having trouble after reading our suggestions please respond back with the information requested at the end of this email.

If you are experiencing or seeing any of the following issues at any point we do have a few suggestions. Connecting to/staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer, FINAL FANTASY XI or Tetra Master, click on your character handle and crash/black screen or get stuck at downloading data screen, click on the character select button crash/black screen or get stuck at downloading data screen, randomly getting kicked out of game, or seeing the lag meter go red, seeing more chop/lag/disconnects around crowed areas, having trouble accessing only a specific zone/zones, having trouble logging in only a specific character/characters, or getting any of these errors; 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160.

Suggestions we have:

2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC. TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535, also check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software /hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.

3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem. Please take note of the following FAQs:* Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.* If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.* If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP. You can also try deleting your network settings within the PlayOnline Viewer and recreating a network configuration with all default settings. Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

This still gives no help to me and Im sure it will give no help to any of you either! >.>
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkitan View Post
    Connecting to/staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer, FINAL FANTASY XI or Tetra Master
    Man, they had to dig deep into the archives to find this gem of a form letter.
    (1)

Player
    Tell me about it! Still hasnt provided lick of help! Every other cutscene gives me a blank screen where I have to turn off/on my PS2 to log back on! I hate ISPs! (Incredibly stupid people) Does it really take rocket science to fix this?
    (1)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This thread is one of a number of threads that complain about this issue.

SE seems to be very rigid in their posture that it is a network issue at the client end. It is not.

SE continues to refuse to look into it.

TO SE: IT IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE. IT IS NOT A NETWORK ISSUE. YOU NEED TO FIX IT instead of burying your head in the sand and telling people it's a network communication issue. THE PS2 CLIENT CRASHES WHEN TRYING TO VIEW CERTAIN CUTSCENES THROUGHOUT THE GAME.

It is often only a partial crash. (chatting still works, but the CS can not continue). If it is only a partial crash, the stuff that is still working can't even put up an error message about the ethernet cable being disconnected after having done so.

It has been this way for YEARS. It happens to WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE to still call it a network issue. It is only an issue on the PS2 Client. Xbox 360 and PC Windows clients ON THE SAME LAN AS THE PS2 do not suffer from this issue.
    (7)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 05-27-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast