Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowViper View Post
    Blu has easily become OP and we compain about a spell like this.
    Proof? BLU is about as far from OP as you can get before becoming DRK.
    (4)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well leveled blu last night and tried out heavy strike. Well one of the most worthless spells in game. Was hitting about 25% of the time on IT mobs, and when it did hit, it did less damage then Quad. So, it will never get equipped again until SE realizes the nerf was just dumb. Needs to be restored right back to when it was originally implemented.
    (0)

Player
    This is True!
    (0)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    you guys do realize this spell is intended for levels 90-95 right? that means skill up your damn Blue magic before complaining!!

also you can equip different gear to increase spell efficiency. if you just spam spells expecting them to kill stuff then why play the game? improve yourself and you'll improve the spell.

the acc is lower then test server imo from playing around with it personally. but i also capped my skills in test server :P even with the acc i have, this spell is great. better dmg then delta thrust and it lands more often then not. your posts dont make me think you guys should be fighting nm's anyways.
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Better dmg then delta thrust?. SE specifically said this spell is our big dmg one, It isn't even stronger then our current ones. And being it isn't stronger, why the acc nerf to begin with?

I still have my doubts that it will be an efficient spell, maybe with /thf but I think the nerf is too much. For this type of nerf, I expected the spell to hit around the 1200-1500 range in abyessa, and with a 75% str it would do significantly less outside.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiledsickness View Post
    you guys do realize this spell is intended for levels 90-95 right? that means skill up your damn Blue magic before complaining!!
    I'm not sure how seven or eight base damage will affect the accuracy of Heavy Strike.
    (3)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    there exists some formula to decide if a spell lands vs a mob or not. even if the 30 blue magic skill points we can level to dont increase the hit/miss equation, it still effects resist rate. i dont know the formula but i can tell you these points will help and definitely increase your damage.

i mean it lands 90%+ for me and you guys claim the acc sucks... so who is using the spell properly? the spell dmg vs mp cost is amazing any way you look at it and inside of abyssea (where you can really increase crit dmg) this spell puts out amazing numbers.

btw why do you keep saying you'll /thf? SA doesnt guarantee a spell to land, it guarantee's a critical hit (this spell has 100% chance of crit'ing). this hasnt become my only spell so if you're desire was to spam 1 spell non-stop, go play whack-a-mole.

also: Delta Thrust is an amazing spell, however it has 3 hits to it. acc will vary the dmg and full hits will give extra TP. heavy strike is a single hit spell = less tp. similar spell cost, similar DoT. heavy strike can easily do 4k dmg inside abyssea (even if you dont know what ur doing) and do far more if you push it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Defiledsickness; 09-22-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiledsickness View Post
    there exists some formula to decide if a spell lands vs a mob or not. even if the 30 blue magic skill points we can level to dont increase the hit/miss equation, it still effects resist rate. i dont know the formula but i can tell you these points will help and definitely increase your damage.

i mean it lands 90%+ for me and you guys claim the acc sucks... so who is using the spell properly? the spell dmg vs mp cost is amazing any way you look at it and inside of abyssea (where you can really increase crit dmg) this spell puts out amazing numbers.

btw why do you keep saying you'll /thf? SA doesnt guarantee a spell to land, it guarantee's a critical hit (this spell has 100% chance of crit'ing). this hasnt become my only spell so if you're desire was to spam 1 spell non-stop, go play whack-a-mole.
    You... are a special person.

-Physical spells don't resist, they miss. Additional effects and magical spells resist.
    -Hitrate varies with the target, your gear/food/skills/level, and your ability to count correctly. What are you fighting? What are you wearing? What are you eating? Are you eyeballing your hitrate?
    -Sneak Attack does guarantee the next hit (be it a melee hit or the first hit of a spell) to land if you're positioned properly.

I suppose you think TP affects spells outside of CA too?
    (3)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    there's my answer to the thf thing, had no idea but according to wiki it does guarantee 100% acc.

-Hitrate varies with the target, your gear/food/skills/level, and your ability to count correctly. What are you fighting? What are you wearing? What are you eating? Are you eyeballing your hitrate?
    thats what i was saying, so you're restating it for...?

resist/miss what's the difference? you cant tell me blu skill has no effect on chance of landing a spell vs a mob, i still remember missing like crazy back in wajaom woodlands vs IT mobs. went back and skilled up, fixed the problem. if you have links to testing please do share, its hard to find good info now that ffxiclopedia is dead.

considering how many things have effects that are not listed in-game (EG sneak attack) you can't rule positively on things until you've done proper testing.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    No. Physical Spell Accuracy is based on the main hand weapon's accuracy, not Blue Magic Skill. It's Blue Mage 101.
    (4)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast