Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Let's not address the glaring issues of low sword skill, no access to the good sword WS without the correct sub job (not counting Chant), or subpar melee gear choices (while BLU gets access to prime gear and basically functions almost identically to RDM in most respects). How about letting RDM at least equip Homam gear as a start, maybe even Ocelot/Loki's Kaftan, since those are in RDM's armorclass but are locked out to the job.
    If that's how you feel, how about we steer the discussion in that direction instead of acting like Temper is the last, final spell we will ever get between now and the day the servers shut down for good? More melee gear has always been on the list of requests from the melee camp, so it's not like you're alone in asking for that. And I agree, RDM should be on Homam at the very least.

There's also the possibility of our low sword skill being dealt with when the revision of weapon proficiencies is done. I'd like all the fixes to RDM melee to be done ASAP too, but some of us see Temper as a step in the right direction.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Temper is just a tool, a single piece of the puzzle. It's not going to suddenly bring us to the front line, or fix our suboptimal melee. It's a nice addition, and not the only thing we're getting.

Have you seen that new sword coming out? Can't recall the name, but it's level 95, and has Drain-TP. That sounds like a fun toy to play with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boklI...layer_embedded
    (2)

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That sword won't help rdmmelee become accepted in group play. You can use it instead of almace, and your melee damage will suffer. You can sub nin or dnc and offhand it, and you lose out on the benefits of /blm or /whm, costing you a spot to any of the plethora of rdms who are willing to play the mage part of the job.

It is a solo / lowman-weak-stuff toy only.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ummm .... /BLM ... benefits? Like Sleepga and Stun? /WHM I can kinda see, would prefer /SCH if I'm gonna be in a mage position. /DRK already does stun and gives melee buffs, so really do you need sleepga that badly that and BLM is present?

/NIN gives magic accuracy via the ninjitsu spells, as much as a HQ staff actually.
    /DNC gives 5% haste to everyone and erase to the RDM long with an alternate source for healing.

See all things provide various benefits.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xophious; 08-27-2011 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Post removed due to violation of the Forum Guidelines

Player
    Yes, because I have a differing opinion I am quite clearly a troll. How could I not have seen it before now? Thank you for this enlightening revelation, I shall now go reflect upon the error of my ways and do everything in my power to better myself.
    (3)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I think people forget this is just a game.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    /NIN gives magic accuracy via the ninjitsu spells, as much as a HQ staff actually.
    LOL

This is why I don't read these forums, and when I do, I pretend like I'm talking to a very young child and don't take them seriously AT ALL.

You are right about SCH being the best mage sub 99.99% of the time though.
    (0)

Character
    Vraelia
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Malacite, reread my post.

I SAID: IN FF1: TEMPER WAS A RDM-ONLY SPELL THAT GRANTED HIM/HERSELF AND OTHERS MORE 'HITS.'

Learn to read. Lol

So, it is NATURAL that SE would GIVE RDMs TEMPER.
    (0)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by VraeliaRDM View Post
    Malacite, reread my post.

I SAID: IN FF1: TEMPER WAS A RDM-ONLY SPELL THAT GRANTED HIM/HERSELF AND OTHERS MORE 'HITS.'

Learn to read. Lol

So, it is NATURAL that SE would GIVE RDMs TEMPER.
    Vrae, in the original FF, Temper (TMPR) gave an attack bonus. The spell "Fast" allowed extra hits. Malacite even cited a link.
    (3)

Player
    ITT Eleseal does not exist, and does nothing.
    (3)

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast