Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I meant additional WS that could actually be used for damage. The only great thing about Bora Axe is the animation and the fact that it is ranged.
    I'm aware that Bora is garbage, so are most of the others, but I was pointing out that in fact you do get new WS past 68 without a quest or anything, just didn't want the devs to have anything to discount your argument that we've gone a hell of a long time without a new "just get your skill to level" WS. Point of fact I only use Bora to break up monotony when doing a pet only fight on bst after I know axe isn't the blue !! trigger. Oh wait, think I procced 1 mob in Dynamis with it once, too. Yeah, VERY useful... kinda like a 3rd nipple.
    (2)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    What kill all recent MMORPG is the casualisation, just to not frustrating you "sunday players", they (games editor) made everyone capable of playing any jobs, and this is lame...
    Everyone is capable of Heal, DD, tank, buff... etc... if they want without efforts

You want to play "everything", but your unskilled at "everything" instead of having exellent players at 1 type of jobs with great skills,
    We got player that play bad every jobs leveled @ 99 on 24 hours on leech pt

Anyway ffxi is dead, so please SE do what they want, unlock free GM mode for everyone so ffxi can die faster
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    What kill all recent MMORPG is the casualisation, just to not frustrating you "sunday players", they (games editor) made everyone capable of playing any jobs, and this is lame...
    Everyone is capable of Heal, DD, tank, buff... etc... if they want without efforts

You want to play "everything", but your unskilled at "everything" instead of having exellent players at 1 type of jobs with great skills,

Anyway ffxi is dead, so please SE do what they want, unlock free GM mode for everyone so ffxi can die faster

There has ALWAYS been bad players, tons in fact even when leveling was "old school" take your ffxi hipster bs elsewhere.
    (6)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Yes, true pros only play one job ever in a game designed around the idea that you can play 20 jobs any time you want.

Most people can be good at more than one job. Sorry to hear that your limited outlook and / or mental faculties don't allow you to do as well as most, but I appreciate that you gave this idea your stamp of approval regardless of your terrible reasoning for doing so.
    (5)

Free GM mode, as opposed to paid GM mode?

Where can I sign up for this?!
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Free GM mode, as opposed to paid GM mode?

Where can I sign up for this?!
    Hell, with that we may just be able to get rid of most of the obvious RMTs!
    (2)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    World of Warcraft only seriously started declining when Cataclysm made progress difficult and demanding.

Fun Fact: for most of 2011, WoW was way more hardcore than FFXI, which kind of made my head spin!
    (3)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

It always was, due to the higher player skill cap in that game relative to FF11. With significantly lower network latencies and more responsive servers, fights could rely a lot more on precise timing and battlefield positioning than it would be realisitc to rely on in FF11. Most of FF11-hard is just pure time consumption and lack of the right gear, not real difficulty.

I haven't actually played WoW all the way to the endgame, but I've seen friends play and it seems pretty clear that it takes a lot more skill on the player end to complete stuff there.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-20-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The job setup in this game, ability to level all jobs on one character imo is one of the reasons that FFXI lasted this long. It is a huge plus over other mmos.
    (1)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    The job setup in this game, ability to level all jobs on one character imo is one of the reasons that FFXI lasted this long. It is a huge plus over other mmos.
    I agree, but at begining it needed a lot of more time/effort to get a job to level max, and even more time to get it full Skilled/Merited, that the only thing i think bad in "post 75 ffxi"

Remember:
    http://www.historyfans.com/Sanguo/Ocean/ffxi.html
    Normally it takes about 8 ~ 12 months to grow a character to level 75, assuming the player spends 5 hours a day on FFXI.
    And now its just too fast, you can get a lv 99 from lv 1 on 1 day~ (And most of the time doing nothing that learn you your new job) and maybe the full skillup/full merit on 2 to 3 days? (Special skillup food etc)

I only blame this, have a lv 99 full skilled/merited mean nothing* nowadays (*well 1 week work)
    Result, outstanding players are increasingly scarce, because you can't learn properly a job in FFXI with so little effort/time spent on, most of actual FFXI players seriously think they are outstanding players, but majority of them are just good or even bad.

For exemple nowadays because a main mage/buffer/DD will get luck and drop a Mekira Meikogai and some more decent tank stuff, he will think if he level PLD to 99 on 3 days this will made him a good Tank.
    In old FFXI we was able to give the stuff to the player that deserved it,
    well nowadays thanks VW to make the "stuff distribution" only luck based...
    (1)
    Last edited by Hercule; 09-21-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast