Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    An extra 250 HP on NIN is gonna be sweet, also makes /NIN a bit better.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    The entire reason MNK is useful but other melees aren't is that they have enough HP to actually absorb enemy attacks without dying. If NIN had as many (or more, considering BLM's conserve mp I vs GEO's conserve mp VII) HP bonuses as MNK, they'd be a lot more useful as DD's. Especially since other DD's have to lose /WAR to get shadows from /NIN, but a NIN can still sub WAR. Damned near every fight now has "Keep shadows up, or be one shotted by AoE's" as the basic rule now, anyway.
    In that case, paladin is the best DD evar!

No seriously though, Monks pump out a crap load of damage AND don't get one shotted. The first part is probably the most important in most cases though.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post

No seriously though, Monks pump out a crap load of damage AND don't get one shotted. The first part is probably the most important in most cases though.

PLD's dmg is crap, NIN's dmg is a lot closer to a real DD. Also I'm pretty sure MNK is no longer the top DPS after last update, they just have higher HP.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaks View Post
    Those are physical, thus why many of them can be absorbed with shadows.
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to clarify that. I thought it was obvious?
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to clarify that. I thought it was obvious?
    You responded that to someone saying "What type of AOE's are we talking here magic based?" Seemed reason enough to clarify. :P

Nin DD still not quite high enough to just up and take them along to fill in for a top tier run, but well geared Nin are pretty useful for melee strats on most BCs with their mix of just nice enough DD and survivability. Capped haste Migawari is really nice for things like AA EV, Arch Duke Kam, etc. And for when you get screwed by the mob doing it back-to-back, you can use Mijin to shed weakness.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    No one is trolling. Nin is not prohibitively expensive, outside of perhaps new players who still need to obtain utsusemi:ni. For anyone who has a lvl90 job however, getting gil to pay for ninja tools should prove to be no challenge.

Edit: also, people keep using that word... I do not think it means what they think it means.
    I thought Inafking had been banned. Bagel, I should have warned you last week, Inafking uses the word "troll" to describe anyone who disagrees with him. Best leave the guy alone.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    [...] Bagel, I should have warned you last week [...]
    You may need to go back a bit further than last week, considering the age of that particular post. ^^;
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You responded that to someone saying "What type of AOE's are we talking here magic based?" Seemed reason enough to clarify. :P
    Well, I could have just responded with the word "No", but I needed 10 characters ^^

I figured by giving an example of when shadows are required that he could go and look them up himself. Shadows have never absorbed magical AOEs so it really didn't seem like it needed explaining further.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Shadows have never absorbed magical AOEs so it really didn't seem like it needed explaining further.
    Thats not quite true though. They don't absorb -ga, -ja, and -ra, those wipe them and still do damage to the character. Admittedly, most magical TP moves either go through shadows or wipe them, similar to the spells, but there's a fair number that Utsu still works against. Case in point, Eald'narche in Celestial Nexus. He likes to spam his Vortex and Stellar Burst quite a bit during his second phase, but as long as he doesn't cast a -ga prior to them, 2-3 shadows will absorb it.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post

MNK never really did the most damage (Except for the first few weeks of delve, where oats were easy to get, but no one had any other 119 weapons because they came from harder bosses.) they just didn't die nearly so easily. Every fight was "Keep mantra up full time so nothing kills you" or bust.

And especially after the skillchain update, every 2 handed job can outdo MNK with a good enough store TP set. They however, will die horribly and never get to use it. Damage barely matters anyway. Some people cleared Very Difficult fights with just PLD and some PUP's as DD's. (Because they can dump all their hate onto a puppet outside AoE range every minute and send it away, thus never pulling hate.) And every delve boss can be killed by BRD/1 DD/WHM. The enemies don't have that much HP or that much defense. Surviving the fight's the hard part.
    (0)

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast