Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Job Adjustments Manifesto] NIN

As long as you're going to make NIN a more effective tank than PLD, Migawari should do more about magic attacks.

Also, something needs to be done about the gil / inventory requirments of tools.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Play Corsair properly for a day and then come back here complaining about Gil/Inventory requirements of tools. Ninja's the cheapest consumable-using job in the game, and that's including any job that subs Nin.
    (10)

Character
    Brb
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Gil is easy to obtain now and the tools are cheap, especially combined with the ninja tool expertise merits, gear and bonus from yonin. Nin is very cheap to play and if you're struggling to pay for your daily allotment of tools, I feel bad for you.

On a better note; from the language used, it appear they're looking to design an ability that would essentially allow a nin to avoid a mobs tp move. That's my interpretation of it anway. Anyone else have ideas or thoughts on that?
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wow, I thought the "get moar gil n00b" trolls would be on the RNG forum not the NIN.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Brb
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No one is trolling. Nin is not prohibitively expensive, outside of perhaps new players who still need to obtain utsusemi:ni. For anyone who has a lvl90 job however, getting gil to pay for ninja tools should prove to be no challenge.

Edit: also, people keep using that word... I do not think it means what they think it means.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    Gil is easy to obtain now and the tools are cheap, especially combined with the ninja tool expertise merits, gear and bonus from yonin. Nin is very cheap to play and if you're struggling to pay for your daily allotment of tools, I feel bad for you.

On a better note; from the language used, it appear they're looking to design an ability that would essentially allow a nin to avoid a mobs tp move. That's my interpretation of it anway. Anyone else have ideas or thoughts on that?
    Wishful thinking interprets that as Utsu: San, but I'm not really sure that NIN needs it anyways given that they already have 9 shadows with +2 feet.

Maybe a spell that blocks an AoE move or -ga spell? I can't think of much else that Utsusemi doesn't already cover.

Sidenote: 400k Cruor = 1M+ gil. Chocobo Blinkers or bust.

Edit: Troll? No kidding. It's pretty much become synonymous with "Person who disagrees with me and/or thinks I'm doing it wrong" on these forums.
    (4)

Character
    Brb
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would think San is out of the question for the reasons you stated. 9 shadows? There isnt much that you cant tank with 9 shadows. I am just hoping this new ability to turn aside enemy attacks isnt some migawari clone or parrying boost.
    (0)

Character
    Diemond
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    NIN
    add a perfect parry stance
    increase evasion for HNM's (bringing back nin tanks)
    but i guess the real prob is magic absolutely rapes nin, so increased mag evasion or def wouldn't hurt
    the nin 2hr should have been changed at day 1. how about making it where our shadows do dmg until they are struke down. and as long as our 2hr is active re-summoned shadows continue to do dmg.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    new ability to turn aside enemy attacks
    When I saw this, I thought of enmity dose or however you spell that BLM ability. Something that lets you reduce your enmity to 0, turning the mob away from you. Not some new defensive ability like 3rd eye or God forbid utsusemi san.

Quote Originally Posted by Diemond View Post
    increase evasion for HNM's (bringing back nin tanks)
    Lack of being able to do damage and keep hate is what prevents ninja from tanking, not lack of evasion.

but i guess the real prob is magic absolutely rapes nin, so increased mag evasion or def wouldn't hurt
    Suck less and get an MDT set, MDT caps at 50% for everyone. (unless you have an aegis, as of the last update aegis breaks mdt cap) Even then....... If you're getting hit by single target spells, or can't time utsusemi to land right after an aga spell goes off, you should get better at ninja. This is just user error on your part IMO.

the nin 2hr should have been changed at day 1. how about making it where our shadows do dmg until they are struke down. and as long as our 2hr is active re-summoned shadows continue to do dmg.
    While ninja 2hour is terrible, this idea isnt that good either. Esspecially if they all come into play with as much enmity as you, and could pull hate, and cause problems with mobs that require exact positioning. What if your shadows get on the side of a wyrm and pull hate and flail your alliance?
    (8)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 07-19-2011 at 01:49 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i'd like to see nin get the ability or nin spell that uses a smoke bomb to immidiately lose hate and detection on all mobs in zone (except true sight/sound/and smelling tracking mobs) and gain the temporary effect of invis and snkl for 30 seconds. This would be similiar to super jump but adds the effect of invis and snk, but short duration like current /dnc jig.
    (3)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast