Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Why I love Ambuscade

Maybe not everyone will agree with me, but I think Ambuscade is just brilliant! I know it has had a few hiccups like the NPC congestion (which the devs are already working on adjusting), but if you think about all of the things that it affects, there are really many more pros than cons! It may end up being a popular event for a long time! So here are a few reasons why I love this new event!

1. The armor is amazing! This month's armor set is something that just about any heavy armor user could use! All you need is to pick up a little more gear haste, and it is a completely serviceable set for most content! If more gear is like that, then I can't wait to see what is next!

2. People making RMEs will benefit from this event even if they don't participate in it! One of the more clever ideas is how they split the rewards between spending hallmarks and total hallmarks. There will be some players who aren't working on an RME, but are running ambuscade to get the +1 armor set and maybe a maxed cape. So they save 14500 hallmarks to get the whole set, then they have to spend it before the end of the month. It costs 6500 hallmarks to max a JSE cape, so they have 8000 marks to spend on what ever is most profitable. That's enough to get 40 HMPs to sell on the AH! They have effectively paired currency acquisition as a side bonus to winning a relevant end-game event. Happy pockets and happy empy makers!

3. Diversified income! There will be some people who are going to run ambuscade purely for money. This is why the monthly limits per currency is actually very nice! The limits force the hallmark farmers to diversify how they make their money, which should increase the availability of more difficult to obtain currencies. Once they reach the limit for one currency type, they can still make more money by converting their hallmarks to other currencies.

So considering these things, I think Ambuscade will become very popular once the congestion problems are fixed. A few improvements that I would really like to see are:
    • More instances for Ambuscade
    • Ambuscade NPCs in Selbina and Rabao
    • An invisible 3 yalm barrier around the npcs to prevent people from clustering on them.
    • Perhaps a "Radialens" type KI to use as an alternative to running back and forth between Mhaura and Escha.

So I really like Ambuscade so far I even might make a song or haiku about it or something.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shyles; 04-07-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You only need 14.5k hallmarks to obtain the entire +1 set.
    (0)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You only need 14.5k hallmarks to obtain the entire +1 set.
    Thank you, and corrected Even though it's based on the total saved, I still added them up lol.. You still end up with a profit though It's like getting paid to eat a delicious cake
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Also might want to note you cant spend 8k hallmarks on 40 hmp since you can only buy 3 of each currency item...
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've not confirmed it myself but the monthly limits posted here suggest that the caps vary by item.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade_Rewards

HMP seem to be one of the better values on the list and 100 per month is a pretty reasonable cap.
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ah i had read it was 3 of each currency, but varrying per item would make sense
    (0)

I had spaced out and stopped logging in after the rainbow campaign ended... now I really want to try this. I am so so so so so pleased that this content allows soloing! I had been feeling like I could make no good progress on my character because I am not really set up to party so this sounds great outside of congestion issues.

Also can you use trusts inside?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Also can you use trusts inside?
    Yep, trusts can be summoned inside.
    (1)