Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kiayashi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

A tiny list of tweaks for my 3 little jobs...

Hi! I'll agree with the general "it's so nice to hear a personal message" feeling; it gives the sensation you actually care which seems to have been missing before- no offenses intended.

But, you asked for what we 'want'. Here's a few tweaks I'd love to see- some of which may have already been mentioned in the 330+ pages before me...

Red Mage
    * Fencer: This is an almost daily complaint from myself and two other little Melee Red Mages... Why did you give it to Warrior, and Bard of all things, but not to Red Mages- who are designed after the art and even have the "Fencing Degen"? My request is simple. Give us the trait natively, second tier if you feel generous.
    * Enfeebling: Masters of Enfeebling and Enhancing... Right~... (Yes, said with the DMC3 Vergil voice tone.) Can we make them noticeable, or make the things they would matter on not immune? Pretty please?
    * Weaponskills: Requiescat was a blessing made epic in form, it's even given me a reason to use White Mage as a subjob now when going melee flavor in a small party! So this- rather old, stale, and growing in annoyance- complaint has been silenced. Thank you, from the bottom of my little kitty's booties.

Dragoon
    * Breaths: I know you've heard this one 10 million and a half times already... But this is something that has been in need of being addressed for years. "EPS", or "Exploding Pet Syndrome", has been the bane of many pet classes long enough to obtain a notorious nickname. My Dragoon has perished many times over due to this. I've even felt this pain on my Summoner, poor little thing, who is constantly raging about lost Ward timers. Can you attempt to do something about this? For the sake of your pet class lovers' sanity?

Dancer
    * Waltz Timers: This is, yet again, an over-preached topic... The only one I wish to see lowered- by gear or alternate JA- is V. It's saved my tanks many times over... only to loose the DD they were trying to save with :01 left. A JA to cancel the recast on this for one use, similar to Red Mage's Spontaneity, would be perfect in my opinion.

User Interface
    * Spell Icons: ...Really, they were charming on SMN, BRD, and the JA menus. I'm honest, I actually like the new JA and WS icons. But the pain in my temples when I try to run my Red Mage is not going away with time, the icons are a horrible headache for the menu running Red Mage. Could you, perhaps, give us the option to use the old ones instead? The new ones, while detailed and pretty, are not as... definitive, if that word fits, as the old ones. My Dancer has felt similar pain, but that was only when breaking the normal pattern of taps- a hand full of us can run the menus blindfolded. Red Mage is not that way, and the new icons make it quite hard to work with the sheer number of spells a fully learned Red Mage possesses.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Those are, really, my only large complaints. Sure, I'd love to see my Red Mage out-parse a well geared DD some day, but I'm willing to settle for a little less than world domination. ^^ Thanks for listening to us!

- Kia
    (13)

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I want to actually be able to communicate with the auto translate function.
    I want to be able to do more detailed searches to find other players interested in the same content as myself.
    Both of these requests would allow me to spend more time on the game playing instead of trying to find others to play with me.
    (19)

Character
    Mirvana
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    *General Ideas*

Please make it that if a job ability's use is prevented by being paralyzed it is not reset to its full timer. A wait of 2-3 seconds (as with spells that are paralyzed) would be more than adequate.

Please give furnishings their own area for storage. Also, Please make the option for "Storage" (the inventory slots created by placing furnishings in you MogHouse via "Layout") accessible from Rent-a-Rooms.

Please add the items Heavy Metal Plate, Heavy Metal Pouch, Riftdross and Riftcinder to the potential spoils of more foes in Voidwatch and Provenance and increase the frequency at which these items appear in the Riftworn Pyxis.

Please raise the maximum levels of weapon proficiency attainable by certain jobs. (i.e. Marksmanship for Corsair, Polearm/Archery for Samurai, Archery/Marksmanship for Ranger.)

Please increase the maximum number of merit levels that may be assigned to the "Weaponskills" Merit Category.

*Personal Wants*

*Ranger*
    Please add Recycle to the list of job traits that Ranger and Corsair acquire natively.

Please allow Weapon Skills accessed through ranged weaponry to be usable without having to initiate the auto-attack command.

Please adjust the effect of the trait "Dead Aim" to increase the damage of critical strikes on weaponskills that utilize ranged weaponry.

*Dancer*
    Please reduce the recast timers for the abilities Curing Waltz IV, Curing Waltz V, Healing Waltz and Divine Waltz II.

Please separate the "Waltz" category into distinct Job Abilities that do not share recast timers.

Please add a Flourish that has an effect similar to that of Dispel and Finale.

EDIT: Clarified some bits to prevent possible translation errors.
    EDIT2: Added Dispel Flourish for DNC
    (12)
    Last edited by Mirvana; 08-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Player
    Just a thought that came to mind about mog house decorations. We have a way to display our favorite pieces of gear through mannequins, how about a way to display our most valuable and treasured weapons, such as weapon racks.
    (12)
    Last edited by TLGrunt; 08-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Character
    Staryiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Hello~! I'm sure some/most of these have been mentioned in the oodles of pages before this one, but I'd like to mention 'em all the same! I returned to XI about two months ago after a hiatus, so I can't really say anything from the uber-endgamey angle. Plenty of far more qualified people can, and have, suggested stuff there.

So as far as personal wants/suggestions go~

*- Abyssea seal quests.
    While nothing will beat the good ol' fashioned "make a group, kill the NM, get the seals" approach the Abyssea class armour, the Quests for the seals do feel like they're sadly too frustrating at the moment. Especially for people who can't be on often/consistent enough to form groups for obtaining every single armour piece via NM bopping. Perhaps keep the chance of obtaining a seal from the Abyssea quests the same (30~%), but make the seal that drops always one for the job you're doing the quest on?

*- Fields/Grounds of Valor page choices.
    I love that the pages can now be set to auto-repeat and can be done multiple times a day (wonderful change from the 'can only do it once a day and have to set it manually each time' days), but most of the pages in the various FoV/GoV books seem rather disproportionate on the effort vs reward scale.

Some are spot-on, like Zeruhn Mines and the ol' Gusgen Mines/Crawler's Nest/Bostaunieux route, but many others require killing mobs that are too far away from each other, so you spend most of your time running to and from spawn points, rather than fighting. Changing the mobs required for some pages or changing the spawn placements of mobs could help open up a lot potential EXP spots, and let people get more use out of the many beautiful zones in FFXI~!

*- Fields/Grounds of Valor in Promathia/Aht Urhgan/WotG zones.
    It'd help breathe some extra life into the once popular spots, and give people more options to choose from for getting some nice, solo/small group EXP. And with ToAU zones, help people raise their Imperial Standing points once again!

*- Dancer Waltz timers.
    Mentioned by others a few times before, reducing the recast timers on a few of the Waltzes, or letting them have separate timers, would make a world of difference!

Those are the main suggestions I could think of; after racking my brain for a bit. They're not as endgame/content focused as many of the great suggestions others have brought up in this thread, but they might help out us more casual players of FFXI a little bit. Thanks for listening/reading to us all!
    (12)

Character
    Porcius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    MNK

New equipment classified as Rosary only able to equip with Hand-to-hand as a Sub weapon.

GAME PLAY

Expand Inventory or allow changing of equipment through satchel/sack. Let's be honest, if you can't equip the gear for every situation you cannot be prepared for every situation.
    (6)

Player
    Revitalize the Wings of the Goddess content. The entire expansion pack as a whole was really nice imo, it is a shame to see soooo much of the content collecting dust now. The reasons why WOTG was popular is now 75era, and as outdated as a dead fish inside a waterfilled pair of platform disco shoes . I see a big push in toau and cop related content, i would love to see wotg get more of this type of treatment. Campaign is like a playground where you can enjoy your job stress free and work towards a goal ie. AN gear and territorial takeovers that will enable you to battlefield gear. Update these elements of this content to appeal to a lv 99 player the way it use to for a lv75 and hopefully this can help with the lifespan of FFXI. Major content like this should have never been left to collect dust for this long.
    (14)
    Last edited by TLGrunt; 08-20-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Another issue that bothers me is the prevalence on Refresh equipment. Melees have available overwhelming amounts of Haste, Double Attack, and Triple Attack to increase their attack speed, but Refresh items for casters remains a cheap trickle.

I would like to see more Refresh (+3, +6, +9, etc.) retroactively added to current equipment, as well as introduced in future equipment.
    (9)
    Last edited by Sunrider; 08-20-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Character
    Kuching
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I would like perhaps a "Dispel" Flourish for DNC.

A minimum of FOUR jumps when going up a ??? floor in the new Nyzul.

If not that, then maybe one monster to drop a 5 minute time extension chest - it's all we need.

More AH selling slots, seven isn't enough.

Allow us to have another magic skill fully merited.

Allow some of the crafting materials for 110 content to be easier to get.

Increase the distance one can Deploy their Automaton.

More inventory space or another "Mog Sack" kind of thing.

Group the new Nyzul gear into the Storage Slip 01.

The real Gilgamesh to make an appearance in SoA.

Give BRDs Massacre Elegy.

Regarding the new magic/ws/ja icons...I love the WS ones, I feel meehhh about the magic ones, and I really really don't like the JA icons :x Please give them a transparent background, default white looks gross.

Make bows visable on the back, like in FFXIV.

Reduce the downtime when swapping BLU spells around. Like maybe 30 seconds.

Unbridled Learning should allow you to use any BLU spell regardless of it being set or not.

Make the Harlequin Frame better, like maybe a very fast hitter. It is such a shame that we never see it after Level 10.

Add Lutes for BRD, makes string skill feel better about itself.

Have better drops in Legion, so far it hasn't been worthwhile.

Thanks~
    (12)

Player
    Melees have available overwhelming amounts of Haste, Double Attack, and Triple Attack to increase their attack speed, but Refresh items for casters remains a cheap trickle.
    How does Double Attack, Haste, Triple Attack translate into Refresh for mages? Since CoP, mages have been getting incredible amounts of "Fast Cast" "Conserve MP" "Quick Magic" and MAB gear such that almost every mage can get capped casting speed, which further makes RDM less special(RDM's special trait is Fast Cast but many mage classes can cap Fast Cast too).
    (2)

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast