Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
    They are similar in that their function is to provide TP. The source for which that TP gets place is different, and how that TP gets used is unrelated to the ability and not required to use said abilities (I don't HAVE to use my TP after meditating.. I can hold onto it and stare at the lovely numbers).

I believe this is the similarity Mala was talking about and she is correct. They are similar in they provides TP, for use, with another ability. They are dissimilar in how that TP is gained (meditate is over time, mana ceded is a mp to TP transfer) and who gets it player vs. avatar (though being an extension of the player, the avatar itself could arguably be called the player). The sam (or /sam) needs 100 tp to use his WS, the summoner doesn't require 100% TP to use a blood pact.
    So then should my TP from my avatar after mana cede is used....be adjusted so that when I release my avatar the TP is transferred to the summoner? This way we can stare at the numbers to instead of <pettp >

Just saying
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    You didn't understand what I said,

If the Ramuh must wait like all other avatars to perform the BP opposed to a drk/blm's spell "Stun" then I don't see much of a use for it to stun anything major.
    I know what you said. You are giving up before the update. Perhaps you dont know about stun-lock.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    I know what you said. You are giving up before the update. Perhaps you don't know about stun-lock.
    No, I have not given up...I only had to go off by what little you said so I had to assume unfortunately.

Yes I do know how to Stun-lock so now I have to ask because in your recent post you didn't specify exactly.

Are you trying to say

A. One smn will be able to stun lock a mob using your countless MP pool, and "assuming" you know "exactly" how SE's new BP timer JA will work?

or

B. Multiple summoners attempt to Stun lock with an army of Ramuh and hopping that the stun will land in time due to how all other BP work in extenuation of the BP?

Or possible

C. Something random you know that you wont say that I can't think of atm.

Until you answer A,B, or C I can't respond your post adequately.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    No, I have not given up...I only had to go off by what little you said so I had to assume unfortunately.

Yes I do know how to Stun-lock so now I have to ask because in your recent post you didn't specify exactly.

Are you trying to say

A. One smn will be able to stun lock a mob using your countless MP pool, and "assuming" you know "exactly" how SE's new BP timer JA will work?

or

B. Multiple summoners attempt to Stun lock with an army of Ramuh and hopping that the stun will land in time due to how all other BP work in extenuation of the BP?

Or possible

C. Something random you know that you wont say that I can't think of atm.

Until you answer A,B, or C I can't respond your post adequately.
    I think the answer is A., I believe he was implying that if the new ability allows us to spam BPs only a melee SMN will have the MP to be able to stun lock a mob.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    I agree with almost everything you said here, if they weren't common ideas to any good career Summoner I'd swear you were in my head, and be off to make a new tinfoil hat.

Maybe they could leave the moon phase/time of day mechanic, I feel with tweaking it could work. It a solid Baseline bonus to all effected stats, and seeing as they need a buff to potency anyway...

Ecliptic Growl would give a +8 to all stats base line, and an extra ~+6 STR VIT DEX full<------->new AGI INT MND CHR

Ecliptic Howl would give +20 to acc/eva regardless and an extra ~+15 to one or the other based on moon phase

Lunar Cry would work similar to E. Howl

Dream shroud could give 10% MAB/MDB with a ~+5% to either depending on time.
    Yes, it is possible to set some kind of middle ground and then bonuses depending on day or moon. The biggest issue is of course ending up at the wrong time and getting 0-1 stat on your desired stat, which is solved by your suggestion.

Best part is that you didn't suggestion -stats on the wrong moon or time. It always feels better with a bonus than a penalty.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    I think the answer is A., I believe he was implying that if the new ability allows us to spam BPs only a melee SMN will have the MP to be able to stun lock a mob.
    Fair enough.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Tannlore seems to be slightly smarter than you. And in all honesty, did you even ATTEMPT to look at the similarities, or did you only look at everything you could find that was different in an attempt to claim I'm wrong? (Sorry, but it is you who are wrong, as always.)

You call me negative, and you haven't ever tried to look positively on any of my posts. You are pretty much the definition of a kettle. (Unless you want to be the pot. I'm up for discussing this matter).
    You need 100% TP to WS, your avatar doesn't need any TP to BP.

Meditate gives you 60/160 TP (depending on job/gear).
    Mana Cede gives your avatar 100/200 TP (depending on gear).

Meditate is 12 TP per tick over time.
    Mana Cede is instantaneous.

There is no similarity between the two unless you want to say that they both give TP. That is a poor excuse to compare the two. That is like comparing Warcry with Berserk, just because you can have attack on both, even though they are completely different in every other way except giving you attack.

I can't try to look at anything positive about any of your posts because they are dripping, literally dripping, with negativity. Nobody has shot your cat, so stop being all emo about it. You give me nothing to look at that is positive at your posts at all.
    (0)

Hello!

Based on everyone’s feedback, we will be making the below adjustments during the upcoming version update.

Carbuncle: Soothing Ruby* Lv94
      Remove multiple status ailments from party members within area of effect.**

Ramuh: Shock Squall* Lv92
      Temporarily prevents enemies within the area of effect from acting.

We would like to make adjustments to avatars so that they can shine brighter than they do currently, so keep the feedback coming!

(*Please note that names and descriptions are under development and are subject to change.)
    (**Currently testing and adjusting this in order to enhance the conveniences it offers over that found when using Spring Water.)
    *Updated with in-development terminology at 7:22pm PDT
    (13)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Smash your f5 key Camate posting job stuffs!

**Edit

lmao dang it!
    (1)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    We would like to make adjustments to avatars so that they can shine brighter than they do currently, so keep the feedback coming!
    I hope you'll be looking into the power of avatars under astral flow.
    (1)

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast