Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Ambuscade Queue times......

I work 3 jobs and have 6 disabled children- when I log into my favorite video game (ffxi) I want to unwind and try to do something meaningful with my time.

I walk to mhaura because I dont like to waste gil- and what do I see? the entire population of asura sitting their yelling about theyr'e hot cousins or something waiting to get into ambuscade.

Does anyone who knows how to fix a video game still work there? Could you move ambuscade to every primal cloister? I dont know I just pay you money to alt tab to a different videogame that doesnt have an HOUR+ wait time to do something.
    (4)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Move to a less populated server?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Move to a less populated server?
    That's a great idea, post your credit card info so we can all pay to transfer. I appreciate you volunteering to pay that cost like that.
    (1)

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm not sure who you're trying to trick here SE- I'm not going to move to shiva so I HAVE to 6-box to even do ambuscade, you already get enough money from me

PleaseFixYo'ureVideoGame
    (0)

Don't expect a fix for a 3 year old event that affects two servers.
    (0)

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I know you guys don't have anyone to play with over there but you don't need to derail my thread
    (0)

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Also I've been on asura since 'nam, you "people" on dead servers should be thankful we keep the game online tbqh
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    First of all, troll thread.

Second of all this is not an Asuran problem. Tiny servers like Ragnarok are hitting 30 deep queues.

The solution is to either make it a 3-6 player event and/or add another location to for it aside from Mhaura.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ideally, the solution would be have a wider range of events to do, so everyone isn't queuing for ambuscade all the time, but, he know SE haven't the resources for that

Everything you need drops from ambuscade....

Is it not possible to create another entry in Selbina and more instances of the area here? It doesn't have to be linked, I know PS2 limitations still exist, but surely this is possible?

I kind of defend the right for people to play the game how they want, if that means solo ambuscade, so be it. I'm not saying it's a worthwhile way to build points, but if people want to do this then it's up to them.
    (1)

Player
    I say they should split off V2 into it's own zone/queue, with entry/event based out of Selbina. We don't need extra lore or excuses for why this change has occurred, and will joyously be accepted by the vast majority of players even if the zone is unimaginatively named ("Legion II" would be fine.) Can't say for absolute certain that doing only this would have a dramatic impact on V1 queue times, but there'd be a definite QOL improvement for those who want to run V2 (likely to have extremely short queues) and a likely QOL improvement for those doing V1. I strongly believe that currency rewards for V2 should be increased to closer match V1 as well, given how V2 is frequently MORE DIFFICULT MECHANICALLY than V1. It seems like poor design for the more complicated fight to give a lesser reward for completion. If the reward "penalty" for doing V2 instead of V1 was eliminated, or at least vastly reduced, then there wouldn't be as much pressure on us to focus on V1VD and splitting off V2 would have more of an overall impact on queue times. Hallmarks for V2 should be closer to 1000/500/300/200/100, rather than the pitiful 300/250/200/150/100 that they are right now, based on clvl.

The only other positive potential solution I can come up with is to simply reduce the cost for equipment related items. I'm sure there are plenty of players who would be happy to simply get all their gear for the month and move on to other content. The additions made in the last year or so have sent the monthly hallmark/gallantry burden skyhigh (particularly the weapons,) without any comparable increase in currency generation rate, so everyone is stuck getting into the queue FAR more times per month to get their monthly equipment items. For example, to get all of the items from gallantry to build a weapon, you are looking at an absurd cost of 90000 gallantry. ._. That means that, w/o seals, we are looking at 60 runs of V1VD per month. Yes, it's not "required" that we get the gallantry weapon, but there are plenty of players who are going to feel compelled to do so, which is naturally going to extend the queue since they have to do more runs to get their gear. I am not in the mood to math out exactly what the current hallmark burden is monthly, but I'm pretty sure that it has more than doubled since a year ago. Reducing the costs of equipment related items might not empty out Mhaura

There really aren't going to be too many other options from devside to control playerbase activity. :/
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast