Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

NEWSFLASH! Rare/Ex alternatives does not stop botting!

HNMs are still a rare find, dragons are virtually extinct from the game.

Due to their short windows HNMs are still claimed but not camped like they used to be. Some PCs do circuits if they got the TOD from one to the next but often there's times they're still stomping around unclaimed and free game to anyone. That's ok, although a shame for anyone wanting the Rare/Ex item or the RoE for killing it.

Dragons on the other hand you'd be lucky to find them alive, or if they are due up expect a few BSTs and other anons camping them out. Half of these aren't even players, they're bots. And who can blame them? These dragons spawn once every 3 hours and with a 2 day window. Their main item coveted by many for their high value may have been replaced by a Rare/Ex version, however they still drop other items of value even if it's not worth as much and they drop a considerable amount of gil too. The very thought of waiting 3 days and then staring at the screen for 2 days straight is enough to put anyone off wanting to try it legitimately, encouraging people to use bots or account sharing.

You will never find dragons roaming loosely in their spawning area like you sometimes do with HNMs. The Rare/Ex alternatives has not deterred bots from regularly camping and making claim of them. It's a real shame that their only existence is to satisfy botters because regular players don't have a chance or the time to spend waiting days in the hopes of winning a claim.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 04-22-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Um.. spawn windows for Tiamat, Vrtra and Jormungand haven't changed as far as I know.

Apart from that, making an exclusive version of the gaiters won't make Tiamat any less wanted, at least for now.

There are plenty of people that still want to replace their Gaiters with the exclusive version and sell their own for a bit of change.
    I expect that this will be the case for at least the next couple of months.
    If you hoped to snag a pair quickly yourself, I am afraid you will have to go out and camp like everyone else.
    (1)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well I aint buying theirs that's for sure!

And I never said anything about the windows for the dragons changing. Did you even read my post? However I did originally say a 12 hour window since the person who told me ingame it was 12 hours was wrong, the wiki says it's a 2 day window so **** that. I was willing to try 12 hours but 2 days? There is no way hell on earth that I'll spend 2 full days without any sleep competing against bots for 1 monster to show up that may or may not drop a single item. Waste of code giving Tiamat level 119 items when all it's gonna do is dress up the bots.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 04-22-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Well, there's always the real alternative you can focus on if it's the vroom vroom boots you're after.
    The Ouryu Merit Point BCNM.

No exhorbitant waiting times*, no camping and no botting involved.
    *Unless your friends are slow.

By the way, Tiamat does not drop any i119 items that I am aware of. Unless you mean the crafting materials, which she's always dropped, even back in the level 75 era.
    And besides, those items aren't exactly exclusive to Tiamat nor worth spending 48 hours in a single zone for.
    The only change they've made on Tiamat is add the Rare/Ex version of the Herald's gaiters to her pool and move the original gaiters to drop in a more accessible fight.

I am very curious what you think they changed about Tiamat, or what you've been told.
    Because I read a lot of misunderstanding.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 04-22-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah I'm hearing information from various people who when I ask them where they got their info from then say they don't know. At least 2 people in my linkshell believes that Tiamat was given 119 items. Nobody knows which Ouryu fight drops the Herald Gaiters and nobody on my server is shouting for groups to go fight it.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 04-22-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    nobody on my server is shouting for groups to go fight it.
    I think shout groups steer clear of that one for the sheer durrrrrrrrrama it could cause if a pair would actually happen to drop.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I think shout groups steer clear of that one for the sheer durrrrrrrrrama it could cause if a pair would actually happen to drop.
    Oh I certainly could imagine, that is one reason why I thought I'd give Tiamat a shot instead, although to be fair everyone involved are also having to use their merits to enter the BCNM. What I didn't expect was half a dozen different people also camping it. I thought all the bots and campers would've run a mile now that his boots got trumped by rare/ex version but apparently that's not the case. :-/ His junk items and his gil amount are too much to miss out on.
    (0)

Won't be for a while either, I'm betting that there's a couple of hundred people out there across the remaining servers that would love to replace their gaiters for the r/e version.
    Unfortunately, a lot of them will indeed use a bot. A lot of people don't play fair and never will.

I can imagine only 2 scenarios where you'll ever find a Wyrm just roaming around:
    - You're the last person on the server.
    - Sheer luck.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 04-23-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of them will indeed use a bot. A lot of people don't play fair and never will.
    That's the problem. The dragons take too darned long to make their appearance that the only people who will be bothered to camp are those with bots and threats of bans won't deter them because you'd be losing your sanity waiting properly for it to appear.

Even when everyone has their old gaiters replaced by the rare/ex version that still won't stop the bots from making regular appearances. As we have witnessed with Vyrtra and Jormungand, none of those dragons are ever wandering alive, there's always a bot camping them and they don't drop anything of seriously high value other than AF/relic upgrade materials, dragon-based materials, and a huge wad of gil.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 04-24-2015 at 07:27 PM.