Thread: RMT everywhere

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Minamikun View Post
    You don’t need to report each of them. You can report one report with comma separated 21 character name.
    Theres not enough room in the names section for more than 8'ish people and these RMT are flooding zones, need more game staff to find solutions that's all there is to it.
    (1)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

They fixed 1 thing!

Now we have room to report the full alliances of rmt in zone got 18 names in np! Ty STF staff.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ht=Scourge+RMT <- One of many posts i've denounced RMT in.

The "Bots" automated farming ToS violations are not necessarily RMT, they're just labeled RMT b/c the logical thought process would have you believe that no one with any respect for their community, dignity or honor would be utilizing illicit behavior that violates terms of service. It is very likely that a large segment of accounts that violate ToS are also involved in the RMT market. Third party programs and add-ons need to be regulated, discovered, investigated; and approved or banned. Accounts using add-ons or third party programs not approved by Square Enix officially must be banned to combat the violations that break ToS. I was made aware recently of a user attempting to control twelve accounts on their own to clear waves 1, 2 and 3 of a Dynamis {D} entry. What do you expect these accounts to be doing at any given moment of a day? There isn't any legitimate way for one human to control twelve accounts through manual interface for content with the requirements of Dynamis {D}. Deductive reasoning will lead you to the fact that terms of service was broken and likely continues to be broken at all times through the use of third party programs and automated scripting commands. This creates an environment of nuclear arms proliferation where cheaters are continuously more blatant, more glutenous, more dishonorable, and more detrimental to the community every day.

I SAY TO SQUARE ENIX : BAN THE CHEATERS !
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 08-06-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Banhammers
    If the cheaters (automated farming) aren't RMT, I'd suggest SE to put them in jail just to remind them that cheating isn't okay.

For years, Asurans haven't got any help from GMs at all. Therefore, Asura is currently protected until SE explains otherwise.

Of course, SE knew many loyal subscribers are using their third party programs and nothing SE can do about it. Just need to stop the bad habits first.
    (1)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

GM calls are now constantly ignored so RMT can do their thing all day 24/7

https://i.gyazo.com/5a9209f7fb66c4ba...3e167e5a54.mp4

Good luck doing coalitions on Bismark the zones are flooded with blatant hackers that warp back and forth selling sparks behind walls. Here's the RMT FOR DUMMIES play by play.
    1. They Level up alliance of mule bots.

2. They set up bots with minimal sparks gear and bot RoE's and FoV's in many locations around Adoulin and a few other regions..

3. They Warp back to different Sparks NPCs in Cities to auto vendor items from sparks points and Unity. Even warping behind walls to try to remain hidden.

4. Special Task force report and try to get a GM to assist because can't do coalition missions i.e. farming chapuli etc in zones flooded with RMT.

Give up and just accept RMT as part of Square Enix's "Thank You" for your years of dedication.
    (0)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    Just ignore it and carry on, they will never go away unless of course people stop buying currency, which they obviously can't help themselves.
    I would much rather see the buyers banned, they are far worse than the sellers, much worse.
    (1)

Player
    If you ban the buyers, you lose the sellers. Friends of buyers quit. Mercs can't merc. and now you've lost half the population. Game can't afford to pay for its own servers anymore.

You get to deal with the minor annoyance or not play. no grey area.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    If you ban the buyers, you lose the sellers. Friends of buyers quit. Mercs can't merc. and now you've lost half the population. Game can't afford to pay for its own servers anymore.

You get to deal with the minor annoyance or not play. no grey area.
    Yeah, I don't accept your supposition that "half the players" buy or are good friends with people who buy.

Your slippery slope argument doesn't fly with me.
    (2)

Player
    It's already happened. That's part of why we're as low as we are. You think salvage bans didn't take out friends who didn't do anything?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    It's already happened. That's part of why we're as low as we are. You think salvage bans didn't take out friends who didn't do anything?
    It never happened. Your comments are pure conjecture with no data or evidence. You're just making up reasons why populations declined and injecting your personal feelings bout the RMT predicament into them. There are many factors into the game's decline, despite many people's attempts to peg it all on one thing, a certain patch or peice of content (If I had to pick the biggest factor, I'd say other more modern MMOs arriving that were easier for people with less time on their hands to play as FFXI's playerbase aged. I started playing in college, and when I got out, I had to work a lot more hours and couldn't play as much- though I kept playing for several years after before taking an extended break) Other factors may include percieved contempt toward the NA community on SE's part (i.e. ignoring their concerns and focusing on JP feedback), content like Abyssea and to a lesser extent voidwatch creating a feeling of power that would never be matched again for years outside of that content, and a stagnant raid scene, with no true raids since CoP Dynamis for years and years). the TL;DR is banning RMT and gil buyers, I believe, is near the bottom of this list of factors.

I think I speak for most people when I say If I found out a friend was buying gil and/or cheating and got banned, I'd be happy and upset that I didn't find out sooner and break off that friendship. This is also conjecture but frankly I'd put a lot more money on mine than yours. Most players do not condone RMT, the brand of cheating it essentially is, nor the people who buy into it, and do not want to knowingly associate with people who do it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-03-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast