Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

barrage + cap acc issue

is there a reason why there is an acc check with each arrow? what is the point in making full barrages have a hit rate of 73% (6 arrow) / 69.8% ( 7 arrow), 66% ( 8 arrow)

can the cap acc check only applay to the first hit or something? or lose cap acc concept on barrage?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Barrage should independently check accuracy for a hit on each shot, rather than fail all subsequent shots after the first miss. Abilities / gear that raise the number of shots in barrage are a joke given the way the ability is coded now.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Why did they even scale the numbers to begin with?
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Some times I think RNG is just being trolled. ie: Bounty Shot and cor getting Triple Shot. lol
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    Some times I think RNG is just being trolled. ie: Bounty Shot and cor getting Triple Shot. lol
    What U mad?
    (0)

Double vs Triple shot I understand. It's just the same as War only getting Double Attack whilst Thf gets Triple Attack.

I agree the whole "missing all shots after one shot misses" thing in barrage is retarded. They should fix that.

@Fyreus: They didn't scale the numbers, it's still 95% chance to land each shot. What the OP means is the probability of landing 6 shots in a row is 73%, because 0.95^6 = 0.73.
    (0)

Character
    Laitha
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    Yeah Barrage is harsh mistress. I have a 90 Annihilator and I still have occasional full misses with the +35 rng acc on my gun alone. I wonder if Rambus still has barrage miss issues with Namas Arrow aftermath?
    I look forward to any improvements on Ranger as opposed to no improvements at all.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Laitha View Post
    I wonder if Rambus still has barrage miss issues with Namas Arrow aftermath?
    He will because even with +999999999 Accuracy, you are still capped at 95% hit rate. The same way as occasionally, SAM's miss theiry Gekkos or Fudos.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laitha View Post
    Yeah Barrage is harsh mistress. I have a 90 Annihilator and I still have occasional full misses with the +35 rng acc on my gun alone. I wonder if Rambus still has barrage miss issues with Namas Arrow aftermath?
    I look forward to any improvements on Ranger as opposed to no improvements at all.
    yes like noodles said, note this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    barrages have a hit rate of 73% (6 arrow) / 69.8% ( 7 arrow), 66% ( 8 arrow)
    that is CAP ACC rates. you are capped at 95% acc each it so when you are doing that shot after shot the chances of getting a full hit ( landing 8 hits one after anther drops)

I started at level 75 then i left abyssea to keep upgrading my bow every 5 levels so my exp rate was slow. even with the after effect and atmas i only landed 1 full barrage + hidden effect, rest where crap -.- even have full misses or only 1 or 2 hits. that is why i wrote this topic.

it is the same reason i can miss namas arrow even having the effect on (sam is fun with this ws lol)

also you get the after effect even if you miss the ws ( find that strange)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-25-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.