Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

A good fix FoV, GoV and Dom Ops

This is my idea to make these work much better without placing books or extra npcs all over the game.

My suggestion is to allow players to copy the pages or get orders in an inventory item. When a player does a FoV, GoV a page placed in their inventory. If they ever wish to repeat/cancel it they from anywhere in the game world or just toss it altogether. As for dominion orders the same except they get one that allows them to continue repeating the dominion for EXP but, If they want crurur or seals they'll need to trade them to a dominion sargent in that zone. These traded pages will remember the completed operations allowing the rewards to be traded later in bulk.

This is needed bad for the game, If this was done there would be a lot less people sitting at outpost or other areas simply because they're near the books. It'd truly open up less targeted mobs further out in the areas. It's clear people want convenience when EXPing so they park themselves as close to the books or sargents as possible. If this feature was added people would no longer bottleneck camps increasing the enemy target diversity while reducing the heavily clustered areas. Currently the system restricts players by making them run back and forth to much to be worthwhile.

If you do any of these and don't like walking back to the book or outpost please rate that you I like it. IMHO It'll be a more effective then placing extra books or npcs on the maps. With this method the pages you enjoy will always be available until you no longer want/need them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-19-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Great suggestion, this may also alleviate some server congestion around the NPC's too.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I wholeheartedly disagree, SE has made great strides with these, allowing multiple pages to be done in a day and so forth, the least you can do is walk back to the book, takes 30sec to get another page.
    (0)

Character
    Armauk
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Many of the pages in this game require more than a 30 second walk. There is usually one or two that can be done right by the book or NPC. None of the other pages offered are worth the time because of the distance from the monsters location to the book. I definitely would approve of allowing pages to repeat without having to go back to the book or NPC. This would allow us to do all pages offered instead of just the ones that are right by the book or NPC.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    My thing is this, people complained about 1 page a day, they gave us multiple pages now and you can't even go back and walk to the book? That is pure laziness, I think SE did a good job in compromising this.
    (0)

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I understand where you're coming from to an extent Kwate, but well... I respectfully disagree. We shouldn't have to walk all the way across the zone back and forth every few mobs to get a new page; it's silly. When you're spending as much time running to the book and back as you are fighting mobs (especially if you have to sneak/invis to safely travel between the book and camp, as well), that's just wrong. More books closer to mobs would be fine, but the OP's idea is nice too.

Edit: As to the "compromise" of how they used to have a whole game day wait, and now there's no wait at all... many would say that's more of a "this should've been done long ago" rather than a "whoa, SE gave us a pretty generous compromise here" issue. :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Kyrial; 06-25-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrial View Post
    I understand where you're coming from to an extent Kwate, but well... I respectfully disagree. We shouldn't have to walk all the way across the zone back and forth every few mobs to get a new page; it's silly. When you're spending as much time running to the book and back as you are fighting mobs (especially if you have to sneak/invis to safely travel between the book and camp, as well), that's just wrong. More books closer to mobs would be fine, but the OP's idea is nice too.

Edit: As to the "compromise" of how they used to have a whole game day wait, and now there's no wait at all... many would say that's more of a "this should've been done long ago" rather than a "whoa, SE gave us a pretty generous compromise here" issue. :P
    Perhaps something similar to Magian Spectacles, you can purchase from the FOV for like 3000 tabs. This gives you a portable option, thoughts?
    (0)