Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    I also say, leave twilight scythe as is. I see no way in which is is overpowered. It merely provides a tactical option in certain cases and a little extra variety to a job that, in my opinion, could use it.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Well, you're more likely to hit what you aim for, but you'll also be more limited in what you can aim for. If you're just getting glancing blows against your targets, it's harder to change approaches. Also, it's a lot easier to predict where that huge hammer is going than that quick little rapier, so easier for the target to evade. That would be an effective reduction in accuracy (ie: +evasion = -accuracy) even if the accuracy itself didn't change.

Basically, there's plenty of "real life" arguments that can be made either way, so it's not worth getting hung up over.
    That's what I was getting at. I get the impression that you would telegraph your attacks more when using a huge, two handed weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Hakkairu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 45
    Maybe this is the vodka talking, but has anyone on the development team considered raising the -delay cap for 1handed weapons in addition to the other changes the team has proposed? Giving 1 handed weapons the old -90% delay cap or close to it should be an option to consider even if for at least the light armor jobs.

Speed(-delay cap): One-handed weapons > Two-handed weapons
    Accuracy: One-handed weapons > Two-handed weapons
    Damage: One-handed weapons < Two-handed weapons

This maybe be a good place to start, then workout the advantages of individual weapon classes/types and better define them from there.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
    Maybe this is the vodka talking, but has anyone on the development team considered raising the -delay cap for 1handed weapons in addition to the other changes the team has proposed? Giving 1 handed weapons the old -90% delay cap or close to it should be an option to consider even if for at least the light armor jobs.

Speed(-delay cap): One-handed weapons > Two-handed weapons
    Accuracy: One-handed weapons > Two-handed weapons
    Damage: One-handed weapons < Two-handed weapons

This maybe be a good place to start, then workout the advantages of individual weapon classes/types and better define them from there.

the thing is, delay reduction increases damage more and more as the delay gets reduced and reduced. so an extra 10% delay reduction at the HIGH end would probably work out to an insane amount of DPS.

so it would absolutely improve 1-handers standing, but it might end up swapping positions entirely when taken with the ratio change they were talking about earlier.
    (5)

Any reason that we can't have the same max HP scaling that we had in the earlier levels, all the way up to 99? This alone would decrease the chance of being 1-shotted (and give cure 6 some use).
    (6)

Greetings everyone,

Below is a message from Akihiko Matsui in regards to adjustments to Twilight Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Greetings,

I appreciate all of the posts discussing the Twilight Scythe. I'm especially thankful that there was feedback that was both for and against making adjustments.

I also saw posts that were extremely emotionally charged that didn't offer reasons why they didn't want it to be changed. Though I have taken note of your feelings, I cannot use posts with these types of statements and feedback as reference, regardless of whether or not they are for or against adjustments.

With that said, based on the feedback we have received, the development team has looked into this again and has decided to make adjustments to the stats of Twilight Scythe.

Looking at each job individually, there are variations in what they are good at and what they are not so good at. (This would be the aspect known as job characteristics.)
    These variations are altered through the addition of equipment/items and through job adjustments, and linked to the compatibility of content. Furthermore this is linked to the variations within a job itself.

These variations are a matter of degrees and will become a topic of where we draw the line; however, there are various methods to perform adjustments.

For example:
    Adjustments to jobs
    Adjustments to equipment and items
    Adjustments to content
    So on and so forth…

With that said, we feel that currently dark knight’s level of variation is much higher than that of other jobs, and since it seems that you share the same understanding we have come to the decision to revamp the stats on Twilight Scythe.

While we are still fleshing out the specific adjustment plan, we are thinking about the below:
    • Add a risk to the weapon, such as when equipping Twilight Scythe, every time an attack is made, you lose HP (overlaps with the effect of Soul Eater)
    • Add the effect as an enchantment which would decrease the frequency of it activating
    • Have the effect activate at a constant rate only when remaining HP is below a certain value.
      Additionally, make it so the rate is increased depending on the amount of HP left.

In regards to other weapons and weapon skills that deal non-elemental damage, we feel that at the current point in time they are within the allowable range and will not be adjusting them.

Also, in regards to the power of elemental magic, once we have performed the revamps we will make a decision for this. (Of course, we will be letting you know about new adjustment plans and ideas as we go.)
    (8)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I think somebody needed to spell out to him why Twilight Scythe is actually an underwhelming weapon as it is right now.
    (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    ...didn't offer reasons why they didn't want it to be changed.
    I think a lot of people outside Japan feel this way about it BEING changed, because nobody understands why you're doing it. You want reasons but you're not doing any better yourself.

People don't want it changed because it's only useful against a couple mobs in the game anyways. On everything else, people will use their already better weapons such as relics/mythics/empyreans.

I just find it odd how SE makes adjustments to things that have already been out for ages only because they make new content that doesn't work with older stuff. This is just like the "adjustments" to things like Perfect Defence (In the game for years without issue) and Embrava. Things were fine until you added content that demanded their use. The game events/designs themselves are broken, not the method which the players use to beat them.
    (40)

Player
    In case it wasn't blatantly obvious, the reason why it should not be changed is because the weapon is a useless piece of crap. To be totally honest, I really don't care, because the weapon is so entirely useless that I would never use it anyway. You can change the scythe's base damage to 1, and it wouldn't affect a single thing. That's why this change is pointless, but, by all means, go ahead.
    (8)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    How about this for an adjustment:

Every time you equip the twilight scythe and attack, including weaponskills, the additional effect "death" might backfire and proc on the player instead.

This would dissuade the overuse and correct the imbalance of using the twilight scythe.
    (3)

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast