Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Let's say you're a Bard. Anymore, you are expected to be able to at LEAST cast 3 songs and many want you to have Daurdabla which allows you to cast 4 spells. To even get 3 songs up you must spend many millions of gil.
    I mostly agree with your sentiment, re: elitism but the 3 song harp is totally within reach of most players. I don't even play a lot and I have the 119 JSE for BRD, BST, BLU and THF. Is it a lot of millions of gil? Yes, it is. But you don't need elite gear to farm gil. Can do voidwatch, dynamis, etc. I mean it took me a couple weeks to save for my BRD harp and some friends to get me the win I needed but it's doable.

I think the elitism is the fact that most groups won't leave without a bard (believe me I like being needed, but I see the problem) and the fact that light DD jobs and mage jobs (other than whm and stun sch) are somewhat useless. (Pet jobs are pretty much useless) Haven't played since update though so maybe that's changed in the last few days.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I mostly agree with your sentiment, re: elitism but the 3 song harp is totally within reach of most players. I don't even play a lot and I have the 119 JSE for BRD, BST, BLU and THF. Is it a lot of millions of gil? Yes, it is. But you don't need elite gear to farm gil. Can do voidwatch, dynamis, etc. I mean it took me a couple weeks to save for my BRD harp and some friends to get me the win I needed but it's doable.

I think the elitism is the fact that most groups won't leave without a bard (believe me I like being needed, but I see the problem) and the fact that light DD jobs and mage jobs (other than whm and stun sch) are somewhat useless. (Pet jobs are pretty much useless) Haven't played since update though so maybe that's changed in the last few days.
    the JSE weapons can be bought with 2-3 Dynamis runs selling coins, i dont see how that can be hard to achieve for most players oO
    (1)

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    The problem is that not many people are buying Dynamis coins, it depends on the server. (most people farm their coins)
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    The problem is that not many people are buying Dynamis coins, it depends on the server. (most people farm their coins)
    *blink blink*

I'm sorry but there is ALWAYS someone who is like "DYNAMIS I WOULD RATHER HAVE GIANT WORMS BURROW HOLES IN MY HEAD THAN SPEND ANOTHER SECOND IN THERE OMG TWO HOURS KILL ME NOW!" I know. I live with one of them. Someone always wants to buy coins. On your server they may not want to buy them for what you think they are worth, but someone wants to buy them.
    (2)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

I usually sell all my dynamis coins within an hour of afking in Ru'Lude, tip is to not price them like they're a golden egg. I usually price mine about 200 gil under the average... people look for cheap currency.
    (1)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It seems to me that people don't want to try, they want to do things the easy way. A lot of classes are being ignored in favour of heavy DD just to zerg bosses. I got asked 2 days ago if I had the Throne Room waypoint, which I didn't. Next day I climbed the castle to get the waypoint, and then was told I was no use for the fight as SMN. If a SMN is no good for Shadow Lord v2 then what class is? And even if I did have to level say SAM or MNK it's never going to be taken seriously because the gear investment is too much just to do 1 battle.
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    It seems to me that people don't want to try, they want to do things the easy way. A lot of classes are being ignored in favour of heavy DD just to zerg bosses. I got asked 2 days ago if I had the Throne Room waypoint, which I didn't. Next day I climbed the castle to get the waypoint, and then was told I was no use for the fight as SMN. If a SMN is no good for Shadow Lord v2 then what class is? And even if I did have to level say SAM or MNK it's never going to be taken seriously because the gear investment is too much just to do 1 battle.
    Smn isn't half bad on that fight really, it's not optimal, but it works fine, even more so if you pay attention to his immunity stages (hand glowing = magic immune, sword glowing = physical immune) and cater your BPs to it. You've also got Whm 99 set as your main job, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. What you described is a people problem, not a problem with the fights or jobs specifically (not that some jobs don't need help!).

You're also ignoring what gearing up another job would do for you, beyond this one fight.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Griffinx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i agree with what you are saying, but the problem is mainly with the community. things can be done without all that stuff, but it would just be a little harder, and people are lazy/close minded. i also agree with what you said about the old days and being able to at least get almost as good gear from the AH. how can we fix this? idk, people won't really change, the game has undergone so many changes for the worse it's rediculous. i think they just need to make 75 cap servers for people to play on.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    Are you playing another game? Where everyone needs WHM mule to solo abyssea and no one buy coins.
    (3)

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Are you playing another game? Where everyone needs WHM mule to solo abyssea and no one buy coins.
    i don't know
    it says ffxi on the box
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast