Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Dislike Button for MOD and Dev Posts Only

So I'll jump on the dislike button bandwagon. Giving us a dislike button for all post is a terrible idea and will lead to nothing but immature greifing.
    On the other hand, a dislike button for only MOD and Dev posts would allow people to better show their stance on a topic without cluttering up the thread itself.
    (47)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    could work but dev would have to split some post into several (one for each different fix in the post) and make blank post for the jobs that don't get any info because some people will dislike any post that doesn't include their favorite job
    (5)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    So I'll jump on the dislike button bandwagon. Giving us a dislike button for all post is a terrible idea and will lead to nothing but immature greifing.
    On the other hand, a dislike button for only MOD and Dev posts would allow people to better show their stance on a topic without cluttering up the thread itself.
    I approve this message. Why? Because a lot of times we can't reply negatively to the DEV/REP post.

I still think it should have forced reasons even if the response is hidden and limited to a 1000 character limit.

If you want devs to really see the reaction then the dislikes with hidden responses (that users can opt to see) would be made available to even on restricted post.
    (2)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    could work but dev would have to split some post into several (one for each different fix in the post) and make blank post for the jobs that don't get any info because some people will dislike any post that doesn't include their favorite job
    Correct, devs will need to spit posts into their respective, individual catagories which honestly is not that much more work and would benefit their information gathering greatly.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What bugs me is that a rep could post something that affects everyone negatively and will still get likes. I don't understand.
    (1)

Player
    We are all masochistic people, thats why we still play this game in the 1st place with its annoying content, shit drop rates, stupid wait times for entrance to events, and shit reqs to actually do events.
    (5)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    We are all masochistic people, thats why we still play this game in the 1st place with its annoying content, shit drop rates, stupid wait times for entrance to events, and shit reqs to actually do events.
    Some of us still play because we're in a drunken stupor 6 days a week and haven't bothered to switch to some other lonely pastime and/or upgrade the PC because that would cut into my beer fund, which kind of limits the options.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I would like to formaly ask the dev team and/or forum mods for an official confirmation that they have actualy read this thread.
    (0)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    "We are so insecure we can't stand the idea that someone might not like what WE have to say, but we demand the right to do the same for the people who provide the game and the forum." Do you have any idea just how arrogant and hypocritical that sounds? Dislikes for everybody, or for nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    I approve this message. Why? Because a lot of times we can't reply negatively to the DEV/REP post.

I still think it should have forced reasons even if the response is hidden and limited to a 1000 character limit.

If you want devs to really see the reaction then the dislikes with hidden responses (that users can opt to see) would be made available to even on restricted post.
    If it's hidden, why bother? People will just fill it with random keyboard mashings.

I would like to formaly ask the dev team and/or forum mods for an official confirmation that they have actualy read this thread.
    I hope this continues to be ignored like the childish expression of spite that it is.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    "We are so insecure we can't stand the idea that someone might not like what WE have to say, but we demand the right to do the same for the people who provide the game and the forum." Do you have any idea just how arrogant and hypocritical that sounds? Dislikes for everybody, or for nobody.
    Say for instance I do not like Pchan, for that reason I would have a bias reason to say I dislike anything he posts simply because it is he who says it. If many people dislike someone, a good post with alot of good points and valid info, could end up with 20 dislikes, and 5 likes, meaning even though its good, people who simply do not like the poster could end up making it look terrible.

Posts we get from our Reps, are a different matter. Our ability to dislike their posts would show we are against a change or update that is being announced or updated, thus giving them the idea we do not like what is being done, in hopes to change their course of action.

There is a fine line between the two, its why one is actually a good idea, the other is not actually a good idea.
    (5)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast