Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

[dev1216] Pld relic Excalibur Knight of the Round ws

I would like to see screen-shot of excalibur knight of the round weapon skill with the new gear on level 109+.
    (3)
    Last edited by Manux; 10-12-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Give us a break man what the hell

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll-Adjustments

Please increase modification for weapon skill Knights of Round STR: 40%, MND: 40% its freaking the same, What Modifier Adjustments only can see TP Modifier and that's it.
    (1)

Overall Excalibur is really weak:
    - The modifiers on KotR WS are too low as you've pointed out, it needs to be bigger if split between STR and MND.
    - The Regen effect provided by the WS is too small for current content at 10hp/tick, it should be more like 20/tick at least
    - The sword used to have matching base damage with Burtgang at lvl 75 - now at 119 Burtgang is ahead on base damage, and parses higher with the occ. attacks twice. Burtgang also gets better Store TP with the slightly higher delay (no real benefit to Excal in attack rounds) and having higher base damage means overall WS's are better on Burtgang. It's reasonable for Mythics to be better, but the Relic sword is way behind the Mythic sword. Not to mention the PDT effect on Burt, which is a powerful utility feature on its own, Burt still is the DPS champion. This doesn't seem balanced (oh dear, what have I said).
    - The 'Additional effect: Damage proportionate to current HP' procs way to infrequently (like 1 in 50 swings? 1 in 100?). I've gone entire [end-game] boss fights without it procing even once. It should proc more often.
    - The 'Additional effect: Damage proportionate to current HP' proc should be based off of your 'maximum HP' not 'current HP'. As a tank, PLD often see's low HP - or at least below max while tanking - (until healed) and so if the additional effect is going to proc, you know luck will have it to occur when you're at low hp (making the additional damage insignificant).

Excal deserves an upgrade. Do you care about this legendary sword SE?
    (2)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 11-15-2014 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    Overall Excalibur is really weak:
    - The modifiers on KotR WS are too low as you've pointed out, it needs to be bigger if split between STR and MND.
    - The Regen effect provided by the WS is too small for current content at 10hp/tick, it should be more like 20/tick at least
    - The sword used to have matching base damage with Burtgang at lvl 75 - now at 119 Burtgang is ahead on base damage, and parses higher with the occ. attacks twice. Burtgang also gets better Store TP with the slightly higher delay (no real benefit to Excal in attack rounds) and having higher base damage means overall WS's are better on Burtgang. It's reasonable for Mythics to be better, but the Relic sword is way behind the Mythic sword. Not to mention the PDT effect on Burt, which is a powerful utility feature on its own, Burt still is the DPS champion. This doesn't seem balanced (oh dear, what have I said).
    - The 'Additional effect: Damage proportionate to current HP' procs way to infrequently (like 1 in 50 swings? 1 in 100?). I've gone entire [end-game] boss fights without it procing even once. It should proc more often.
    - The 'Additional effect: Damage proportionate to current HP' proc should be based off of your 'maximum HP' not 'current HP'. As a tank, PLD often see's low HP - or at least below max while tanking - (until healed) and so if the additional effect is going to proc, you know luck will have it to occur when you're at low hp (making the additional damage insignificant).

Excal deserves an upgrade. Do you care about this legendary sword SE?
    if you didn't eyeball but actually parsed you'd see that it procs way way more than 1 in 50 swings (unless you're wiffing a lot, which i can see on pld that happening in end game)
    (0)

Player
    Relics are all pretty terrible anyway. Their WS's have no TP modifiers, since more TP just gives a longer aftermath. Which makes no sense, since Empyrian and Mythic WS's have TP give more damage, more potent effects, and longer aftermath. It's also why none of them got any stronger after that last WS adjustment set.
    (0)

Player
    having more TP on your mythic WS does not increase damage for all mythic WSs. quite a few do not. but you are correct in that it enhances potency and gives longer aftermath.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    if you didn't eyeball but actually parsed you'd see that it procs way way more than 1 in 50 swings (unless you're wiffing a lot, which i can see on pld that happening in end game)
    Bolded. The 95%-99% 1hnd acc update that's coming may change things. Still a crap proc rate. Do you have spreadsheet data for it? I do not yet.
    (0)

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.

Player
    Bolded. The 95%-99% 1hnd acc update that's coming may change things. Still a crap proc rate. Do you have spreadsheet data for it? I do not yet.
    won't change things. you need the accuracy to be able to get that increased cap. doesn't matter how high the acc cap is if you are still wiffing.

I tested on a 1,000 hits (that's hits, not swings), not a huge sample size, but gives a general idea. 84 of those procced the additional effect... so 8.4% or about 1 in 12.
    (0)

won't change things. you need the accuracy to be able to get that increased cap. doesn't matter how high the acc cap is if you are still wiffing.
    The one hand acc cap increase will absolutely improve hit rate. Not a lot, but it matters.

I tested on a 1,000 hits (that's hits, not swings), not a huge sample size, but gives a general idea. 84 of those procced the additional effect... so 8.4% or about 1 in 12.
    So my 1 in 50 swings estimate was probably accurate for endgame. Abysmal IMO. I think they need to double the proc rate to %16 or %20 so 1 in 5.
    (0)

Player
    The one hand acc cap increase will absolutely improve hit rate. Not a lot, but it matters.
    not one iota. if you were 50% accuracy on your PLD before update, you will still be 50% accuracy after update.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast