Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    These changes do help actually, but only during capped light campaigns. The amount of time people had to spend running around town for VW was a huge deterrent because it significantly lowered the efficiency of farming HMP yourself versus just farming gil from Dynamis or something and then just buying the plates whenever they're up. Also the fact that some of you ran into antisocial jerks hogging the pop spots despite there being basically 0 downside to teaming up shouldn't really be SE's issue, there's nothing they can do about dicks being dicks.

I agree they should make hitting weaknesses less of a pain in the ass (or just make it so that hitting a single weakness will cap lights instantly) so VW is actually worth doing outside the campaigns, and an increased drop rate would be very much welcome, but you people acting like this won't help at all are really coming off as just looking for an excuse to throw a tantrum.
    Kincard, this isn't an effective solution. SE is recommending adjustments to make VWs convenient to save time traveling between spawn points and NPC and increasing the effect of the cells. Players will still have to proc to cap lights and still have to deal with the extremely low drop rate of upgrade items, which, isn't the trouble with Relics and Mythics. Even Aeonic weapon creation isn't as troublesome.

The suggestions are only somewhat good for VW campaigns, which won't happen often. Camate stated that increasing the drop rate would be difficult. Ok, so along with the other suggestions others mention in the forum, how about adding an additional slot that is dedicated to HMPs, HMP pouches, Riftcinders, and Riftdross. That way, we are looking at at least one of these items to drop with just about every other kill.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I didn't say it was an effective solution, and if you'll notice I also mentioned basically all your points in my post as well. I'm just saying all the people who are acting as if this does nothing (even going as far as to say they shouldn't include it at all) probably have never tried farming HMP themselves, because if they did they'd know how helpful this is to people who bother farming.

Why do people who don't want RMEs farm Dynamis/Salvage for gil instead of VW? Because it's less annoying, and more time-efficient. This change has a big impact on the latter problem. Like I said, the weakness targeting does need changing of some kind to fix the former problem. The low drop rate though, would not be an issue if people actually did VW- then there'd be a supply which is the whole problem to begin with. There was plenty of HMPs flowing around during the campaign, so if they fixed the weakness targeting issue then that could potentially solve the supply issue. Remember that VW can be a big moneymaker to farmers not just because of HMPs, but also from reforging and certain crafting materials.

I doubt you'll get anywhere telling them to solve the problem of not wanting to increase the drop rate, by telling them to increase the drop rate. I mean, I don't particularly agree with their reasoning for not upping the drop rate, but I don't see how the solution is to throw your own version of mental gymnastics back at the devs.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Reasons to buy your RME currency off the AH ; you're too busy to farm it, you're incredibly wealthy and want to treat yourself, the drop-rate is so soul-destroying that you can't bear to farm the content.

I would never buy relic/mythic/ergon currencies , unless I was super rich and wanted to treat myself. I can farm those currencies at a steady and reliable rate. If I put in an hour into those systems, I will always get a fairly predictable amount of currency back.

VW is different, because of the random chance of getting no items for your weapon. And the fact that it reloads again with the same chance of you getting the same fish and flowers as before. The fish, twigs etc. factor is why many people prefer to buy HMP/cinders. It is actually disheartening when you go on WAR and proc 100% lights and trade your cells and then get some fish and flowers. It makes you want to not do it again, even if the "do it again" option is now automatic without having to visit the trigger NPC.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would never buy relic/mythic/ergon currencies , unless I was super rich and wanted to treat myself.
    I don't see buying currency as "treating myself." I see it as making a long, eventually tiresome task shorter. Treating myself is buying an ice cream. I would not liken buying more RME currency to buying an ice cream. I am not and never was "super rich" but bought currency whenever I could because it sped up the process and for no other reason.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't see buying currency as "treating myself." I see it as making a long, eventually tiresome task shorter. Treating myself is buying an ice cream. I would not liken buying more RME currency to buying an ice cream. I am not and never was "super rich" but bought currency whenever I could because it sped up the process and for no other reason.
    We all have our own preferences. Mine is ; "I'm building a legendary weapon, I will farm the materials myself."

This means I can spend my gil on crafting, and helping LS friends with stuff.

So my base factory setting for RME mats is "farm it myself." My first Empy I farmed 1500hmp, did not buy a single plate, and it took me 2012--2015. The Riftcinder stage proved impossible to solo farm, as it is entirely luck based, I have bad luck, so cinders never seem to drop for me.

So my remaining Empys, I am going to buy the mats. Because my main job WAR, proc job, has spent half a decade proccing VW mobs, and going home with bits of flowers and stuff. This has killed my enthusiasm.

So while my normal philosophy for RME is to go and farm the mats myself, this is not practical when faced with a random drop system where unlucky people get punished. VW is like being reminded that I'm not very lucky. I don't feel <That way.> when I'm farming Relic or Mythic currencies, because those offer a basic drop rate where I will always obtain some currencies, and not go home with only bird feathers and tree branches, and cursing my misfortune!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I didn't say it was an effective solution, and if you'll notice I also mentioned basically all your points in my post as well. I'm just saying all the people who are acting as if this does nothing (even going as far as to say they shouldn't include it at all) probably have never tried farming HMP themselves, because if they did they'd know how helpful this is to people who bother farming.

Why do people who don't want RMEs farm Dynamis/Salvage for gil instead of VW? Because it's less annoying, and more time-efficient. This change has a big impact on the latter problem. Like I said, the weakness targeting does need changing of some kind to fix the former problem. The low drop rate though, would not be an issue if people actually did VW- then there'd be a supply which is the whole problem to begin with. There was plenty of HMPs flowing around during the campaign, so if they fixed the weakness targeting issue then that could potentially solve the supply issue. Remember that VW can be a big moneymaker to farmers not just because of HMPs, but also from reforging and certain crafting materials.

I doubt you'll get anywhere telling them to solve the problem of not wanting to increase the drop rate, by telling them to increase the drop rate. I mean, I don't particularly agree with their reasoning for not upping the drop rate, but I don't see how the solution is to throw your own version of mental gymnastics back at the devs.
    Understood, I see what you mean.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Reasons to buy your RME currency off the AH ; you're too busy to farm it, you're incredibly wealthy and want to treat yourself, the drop-rate is so soul-destroying that you can't bear to farm the content.

I would never buy relic/mythic/ergon currencies , unless I was super rich and wanted to treat myself. I can farm those currencies at a steady and reliable rate. If I put in an hour into those systems, I will always get a fairly predictable amount of currency back.

VW is different, because of the random chance of getting no items for your weapon. And the fact that it reloads again with the same chance of you getting the same fish and flowers as before. The fish, twigs etc. factor is why many people prefer to buy HMP/cinders. It is actually disheartening when you go on WAR and proc 100% lights and trade your cells and then get some fish and flowers. It makes you want to not do it again, even if the "do it again" option is now automatic without having to visit the trigger NPC.
    It's funny that you mention fish and flowers. Last 12 kills were nothing but mats. So, I can't I see how the team does not realize the drop rates for mats are extremely high over the require items needed to upgrade weapons.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    It's funny that you mention fish and flowers. Last 12 kills were nothing but mats. So, I can't I see how the team does not realize the drop rates for mats are extremely high over the require items needed to upgrade weapons.
    I have fishing 110 and Ebisu, so the last thing I want to receive after fully proccing a VWNM is a load of sandfish etc. I just stand there thinking, I could be actually fishing instead of doing this VW, and I wouldn't be catching sandfish either!

(1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I have fishing 110 and Ebisu, so the last thing I want to receive after fully proccing a VWNM is a load of sandfish etc. I just stand there thinking, I could be actually fishing instead of doing this VW, and I wouldn't be catching sandfish either!

lol this is very true!
    (2)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't understand why they just don't add heavy metal plates, riftdross, and riftcinders to high-tier fights or bcnm's. It would seem to me that would be a lot easier to add to these fights. Plus it adds more variety to what you can kill to get them. You can put the singles Heavy Metal Plates in HKCNM's (at a lower drop rate) and SKCNM's based on difficulty, and put Heavy Metal Pouches on top of singles, Riftdross, and Riftcinders in the High-tier Mission Battlefield fights also based on difficulty of the fight. All of them can be exclusive to be lottery pooled at a low % rate with the droprate to increase on higher difficulties and only 1 type can drop (either a Heavy Metal Plate/pouch, riftdross, or riftcinder will only drop).
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 03-10-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast