Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    If you say so; but no, I don't believe that, lol, because I had a different experience with the beetle and monsters in general. Obviously my beetle is not 99, however, I am not convinced he is a special case among the entire bestiary (Move lags at 99). I also have a few as-well high lvls. Not saying monipulators are throwing out 7k skills, but rhinowrecker, crippling slam, death scissors, and hoof volley are particularly strong moves from my experience. If you feel otherwise, no harm, no foul; what can I say? You are wrong? Nope; that is your experience. i just don't agree with it, due to my experience with monsters
    It isn't a special case. Most the moves don't increase by huge amounts as you level them up. For example I'm in the process of lvling up mons on a mules. I just did a few Claw storms at various levels highers were 786 claw storm at level 30 (might actually be higher but kinda one shots anything in the peninsula) against an ep... 1207 at 60 then at 87 the best I could do was 1208 (1600 with MS)

Now that I've finished another project and am finally getting a mule back I might have time to throw into monstrosity to get some average mon move dmgs at 99 but for reference the highest I've gotten by far off of a normal xp mob not taking advantage of things like dmg type weaknesses or soul eater was with the spriggan at 90... was with mighty strikes but still 3114 aint too shabby when most moves wont even break into 2k and was on the same mob that as that MS claw storm and well you see how strong claw storm is at lower levels.

Regardless one thing to keep in mind before trying to transfer mon dmg over to potential jug dmg is you wont have things like instincts or job abilities or for some of them moves that enhance their attack. Not to mention even without that mons are just inherently much stronger all the way up you could just melee VTs to death fast enough to chain a jug would have trouble with EMs even if you kept throwing pet food at it.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    am finally getting a mule back
    Completely OT, but you getting your Brd back finally?
    (2)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Completely OT, but you getting your Brd back finally?
    Not yet but the other day when I called they said they were in the process of doing the rollback finally. Only took them 3 months to investigate. Yay for finally having a 3rd for enmity testing and ghorn support the like 40 million and enough currency to make another relic I had on it since that's the account I kept most my gil and money items on. And yay for getting back another ebisu account that is now pretty much worthless lol
    (1)

I asked for a bit more information regarding the new pets announced for beastmaster, which will be added in the September version update.

All of the jugs you need to call these new pets will be sold from shops and the prices will range from 200 gil for the cheaper ones to 3000 gil for the more expensive ones.

Additionally, even for the cheapest pet it will be possible to call them out with a level of 119 through the Beast Affinity effect, and they have been made so they can be conveniently utilized.

I’m sure you’re also curious about what kind of stats and capabilities these new pets have. Well, I can tell you that each pet has their own special traits and as an example, the Jagil has a high attack modifier and the slug has damage reduction. We’d like you to be able to use these pets easily.

In regards to the lack of pet accuracy in content, we are looking into addressing this separately, so please hang in there for a future version update.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    I asked for a bit more information regarding the new pets announced for beastmaster, which will be added in the September version update.

All of the jugs you need to call these new pets will be sold from shops and the prices will range from 200 gil for the cheaper ones to 3000 gil for the more expensive ones.

Additionally, even for the cheapest pet it will be possible to call them out with a level of 119 through the Beast Affinity effect, and they have been made so they can be conveniently utilized.

I’m sure you’re also curious about what kind of stats and capabilities these new pets have. Well, I can tell you that each pet has their own special traits and as an example, the Jagil has a high attack modifier and the slug has damage reduction. We’d like you to be able to use these pets easily.

In regards to the lack of pet accuracy in content, we are looking into addressing this separately, so please hang in there for a future version update.
    Thank you for posting this sir. Maybe some people here *Olor* will get his/her panties out of a bundle for once.
    (2)

So are you basically confirming these pets are exactly like the ones that were previously released with the exact same skins? Cause... what you're saying suggests this is exactly the case. Slug always had def bonus - fish always had attack bonus etc.

Sept. 2014 New Pet Estimations

Accuracy Attack Evasion Defense AtkAdj. DefAdj.
    SHEEP 793 855 704 983 +10% +30%
    LIZARD 786 1011 704 756 +30% -
    FISH 783 1011 707 607 +30% -20%
    FUNGUAR 783 783 704 983 - +30%
    SLUG 783 629 698 994 -20% +30%

So, massive attack values for the Lizard and Fish pets and very nice defense stats on the Sheep, Funguar and Slug.
    Is there anything new or are you just rereleasing the same pets but with a new level cap and a new name?

I for one appreciate that they will be available from a vendor, but I'd really like the devs to answer why they won't just uncap our pets and make beast affinity something useful that actually benefits our job. I'd rather dev time be spent making entirely new pets - not rereleasing old ones months after BST has already fallen behind. Again. Even further.
    (9)
    Last edited by Olor; 08-30-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Dear SE

I believe they were referring to abilities as-well; these bst are not going to assume those jugs have their native abilities, because that has never been the case.
    (3)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    Dear SE

I believe they were referring to abilities as-well; these bst are not going to assume those jugs have their native abilities, because that has never been the case.
    One can only hope....

lol yeah right.
    (1)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    So, honestly- What was the point of these clones? When the item level goes beyond 119, we're back to square one. Should we complain when they fall behind again and get a third set of copies? A fourth?

In regards to the lack of pet accuracy in content, we are looking into addressing this separately, so please hang in there for more future Double CP Campaigns.
    Fixed that for you, Grekumah. In all seriousness, though, that's what it feels like. I don't know if you play XI, let alone BST, but it's a bit frustrating. Thanks for the additional info.
    (8)

Player

I sincerely hope Magical Accuracy adjustments is also being considered for pets vs high level foes and not just Physical Accuracy. The whole point to pets like Lizards, Beetles and Slugs are their potent enfeebles, lord knows we don't use them for their 200 damage TP abilities.
    (4)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast