Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Placed into June Digest reply, but relates to items, crafting, economy + econ health

This is a concern for the longevity of FFXI, the current state of our community and the overall health of each server.

At this point i really really really believe that FFXI is unworthy of it's ignorant peer to peer transaction interfaces.
    Unregulated interface design has lead to a manipulated and sometimes corrupt environment.
    All items in game categorized as equipment should be account-mail only (bound to account).
    This specifically concerns only the mail system, equipment will still have a place in the economy -> Read Below.
    Increase mail outslot/inslot to 32+.
    Trade boxes have the option for a gil trade completely removed.
    Crafting skill level cap per character reworked to allow all crafts to achieve maximum skill level.

"EX" itemization tag is completely removed from game with the exception of reforged armors, augmented equipment or equipment with Rank point upgrades.
    All items are given a NPC mediatory vendor listing in a new player supplied warehousing/pawnshop style environment including items that have "EX" tag removed.
    Auction house is removed and replaced with this new interface.
    SE dev team + director + producer select a base exchangeable gil rate for said items in the new warehousing system.
    Dev team + director + producer can elect to set a minimum and maximum value for every listing.
    Bazaar is linked to new warehousing system, prices of items placed into bazaar are set automatically by the current listing price through the new item commerce system.
    Item listings are subject to the supply and demand through easily constructed price formulas by which small percentages of value are subtracted or added based on stock levels and availability of items within each listing.
    Prices never exceed the maximum price for items that existing NPC vendors sell at: this includes all items that are currently sold by every NPC vendor.
    When selling to NPC vendors players are paid a suggested amount of 75%-90% of the item's current listing price.
    Listing prices adjust automatically based upon inventory levels.
    Sold items are automatically accounted for and added to the warehousing inventory.
    Inventory levels begin at and can become zero.

All equipment purchased with "Sparks" will receive a random stat augment applicable to the jobs that access user prerequisite.
    Example: Cloth armor sold from Sparks vendor with job listings for BLM/WHM/RDM/SCH/GEO/SMN could receive an augment of +INT or +MND based upon the level range bracket it's sold through.
    New NPCs created that will remove any augment for the cost of X 100 the item's minimum equipment level.
    One placed in each city where sparks vendors are currently located.

Feel free to use this perspective and innovation in all of Square Enix's current and future titles. Thank you very much for your attention!
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 06-04-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Player
    So... "Remove the economy" is your suggestion?

What this seems to boil down to is converting the open player-driven economy into something much more akin to a single-player RPG style where pricing is entirely based upon NPCs and players have only exceedingly minor effect. Uncapping all crafts per character and removing the ability to hit those dreamed-of HQ lotto paydays would probably cause enough characters to get canceled that the game would finally go into the red, which would hasten the death of the game and shutdown of the servers.

I'm not even going to touch the itemization changes suggested because I don't feel like replying with an equally large wall of text to argue against them.

...I can't even conceive of the reasoning behind typing all of the OP out, tbh.

Better suggestion: Can we get a "Thumbs Down" function on these forums?
    (7)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The 3rd-party program bots are slaughtering honest commerce. And you claim to be from Asura? SE seems unable to squash the ToS violations that plague the game. Changing the interface and placing mediator npc systems in place is the only other solution.
    (1)

Player
    Yes, I play on Asura. No, that has absolutely no connection whatsoever to a horrible idea being horrible.

If you want a console RPG economy, go play a console RPG.

Don't expect anyone sane to agree with your bizarre ideas.

If you want to complain about bots/RMT, then complain about the lack of enforcement of existing policy/rules or something actually connected to the problem.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-30-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The solution for the third party bots/ToS violations in a game of this age, with this history, with the current amount of subscriptions can only be accomplished with interface and design reforms. Square Enix will not and rightfully so can't expend billions of Yen to police servers with what would be required to have a sufficient enduring result.
    (0)

Player
    It doesn't cost anything to ban someone. I'll verify and ban for FREE.

What it costs is subscriptions. and that's money they clearly can't afford to lose.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hence reform of interface and design so therefore SE would address more than one issue with the suggested changes.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If by what you mean by "best way" is "corrupt way".

refers to :
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Many people like me believe botting is the best way to earn a lot of gil
    *facepalm*
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 08-12-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    If by what you mean by "best way" is "corrupt way".
    "Life isn't fair. Get used to it." -Bill Gates

I am not the richest player in Asura, I have been selling items at fair prices and giving new players 500k-1m gil to start with. So you are saying what I am doing is the corrupt way? Give me a break.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 06-30-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Automated scripts ( bots ) are in violation of Terms of Service, therefore yes the use of automated character scripts or 3rd party programs that control input into the game without your direct control is corrupt.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast