Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
    Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I finished the flame shikargar I was working on sometime last week. I did it entirely by farming on firesday minus maybe 2-3 geodes I bought off the AH when the were "cheaper." I want to say it took 2 months just for the 40 geode trial as I already had saved up around 15 geodes from months before anticipating I would build another fire trial weapon. I think all the kill x mobs during weather/day trials took me a week? Any other weather path at all could have finished farming geodes in a week tops. This doesn't seem unbalanced to people? I mean you could farm up 55 wind geodes in a day if you wanted to and those go for 15-20kish at times.

I know I could have probably spent less time farming up 4 mil gil or w/e, or rather just blowing the gil and making it back later. But it's the principle of the thing. Not asking for geodes to be cheaper. Just asking that flame geodes be as simple to farm as the other 7 elements. That's it. I mean, I'm not even going to do another fire magian trial, so I have no stake in this anymore and I still think it should be changed. My first fire magian weapon took far less time because flame geodes used to exist more before ifritites started dropping on pretty much anything people regularly kill. That and everyone wasn't jumping on resolution band-wagon (since it didn't exist yet) so pyrosoul rings were about 500k as opposed to 2mil+ like they are now.
    (5)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Most geodes don't come from actual farming people. They come from people doing random activities(such as farming gold chests or xp pties, Fields of Valor). You can +2 a job in aurore gear with the current state abyssea is in. And a fire weapon will make no difference on your ability to do so.
    (1)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    But do most people who are STILL wearing Aurore/Teal/Perle really care to and attempt to ever solo seals or +2? Nope, most of them don't even want it. And fire weapons on some particular jobs are great; not so much on others because of easier to get alternatives but it's sad when elemental weapons to get are probably more of a hassle to hurdle than some of the legendary weapons.

I have my strength sword and am about to make a strength dagger and dread the dent in my pocket.
    (0)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Again, lock this thread. The horse has been beaten.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    But do most people who are STILL wearing Aurore/Teal/Perle really care to and attempt to ever solo seals or +2? Nope, most of them don't even want it. And fire weapons on some particular jobs are great; not so much on others because of easier to get alternatives but it's sad when elemental weapons to get are probably more of a hassle to hurdle than some of the legendary weapons.

I have my strength sword and am about to make a strength dagger and dread the dent in my pocket.
    Really when you sit down and think about it how many STR weapons are even that good?
    Most people use Fire Katana, Dagger, & Sword. Past that not many of them are ever made even. GK you make TP Bonus, GS you make OAT, GA I'm not sure, Polearm you make OAT, that covers most weapons. COR & RNG make Wind for normal attacks & Ice gun for Quickdraw.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangelos View Post
    Again, lock this thread. The horse has been beaten.
    Lock it and it shall simply rise again, we wish an overturn on a decision SE made, we simply wish weather to become more balanced with Fire weather appearing more often in areas as all other weathers have their own areas it is much the same with.
    (0)

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37