Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Why would you even bother using those teleports when everyone is given a set of fireflies, anyway?
    Wasn't that how you got the win during old Salvage? I thought just killing the boss itself wasn't enough.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Sometimes I think they set this sort of thing up on purpose just so some poor soul will be cheated out of a piece and have to go back for it (probably multiple times). Either that or they just don't know what the hell they're doing.
    It's got to be on purpose, given that these sorts of shenanigans have the potential to happen during most events in some form or another. Being completely screwed by asshattery is part of the play experience.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Wasn't that how you got the win during old Salvage? I thought just killing the boss itself wasn't enough.
    Nope, I'm pretty sure to this day there are teleports down at the bottom of those areas that remain unused for me. You get the title (and thus the "win" in any relevant sense of the term, IE mythic quest) just by killing the boss chairot. Why walk all the way to the side room to exit if I can just use my fireflies or get a warp II?
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm on the fence with the gear, need to go back and build the original piece's to get anything I'd benefit from. That's a bit of a tall order seeing that most of the guy's I'm running with don't need too.

The new set up I love. Thank god the horrible cell's are gone.
    (0)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Haven't tried the old salvage since the update, does it use the cell system still? (If it does, can it be converted to the non-cell system?)
    (0)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    Haven't tried the old salvage since the update, does it use the cell system still? (If it does, can it be converted to the non-cell system?)
    No cells. The new salvage is a lot of fun but there is the problem of NO INTEREST. I find it really hard to make groups. Most people still want to do NNI since salvage is work without the gear being vastly superior like it should be. Not only that, but I just realized that once you run out of assault points, you would need to use tags to get more and NNI uses tags too. I think NNI should have its own tag system separate from the tags you need to assault. People shouldn't have to pick between NNI and Salvage because the way things are right now, NNI will win every time.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenecol View Post
    No cells.
    He was talking about old Salvage, and old Salvage still does use cells.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Schrute
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Really missed the ball on this one. NNI fun and great gear. This could have been awesome and breathed more life back into this game but the rewards are just, yuck. few pieces in every set that looks good, and the rest is just meh. All they had to do was make the gear on par with NNI gear and then let us pick our poison. I was huge on salvage back in the day, just because the gear was amazing back then, gave me something to shoot for. After having 15/15 NNI gear and still helping other people when I get the chance, starting to get bored.

Hopefully when seekers of aduline comes out they will have fixed the enmity system, other jobs, and maybe, just maybe release some gear that would steal my heart once more O-O
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The gear in general is pretty lack luster. But so was the original Salvage gear. There are definitely some must have pieces like Usu Feet for a SAM or Usu Head for a MNK.

The nice thing is a good 4 man unit can plow through most zones in an hour and complete atleast one +1 item a week.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    He was talking about old Salvage, and old Salvage still does use cells.
    Uggh, that's horrible. I hope they change it.
    (0)

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast