Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    I feel you Andro, I came back because in the first time in 13 years BST were occasionally welcome in some group content. Now we can't even solo effectively. My half as well geared thf is twice as good as my bst now.
    (12)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Phuoc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As people have said already, this doesnt fix any of the "reasons" many people have been making up in hopes of SE nerfing BST (i came back @ may and bst got nerfed 4 times already if i remember right), SE just went extreme on this so the countless ppl QQing everywhere would shut up.

This is more annoying than anything else, having to be 5.5 from the pet farming salvage or dynamis is just tedious lol, for the rest i've been using /nin and its just an in-out of the fight range, instead of lowering the range to say 15" or something they just decided to do this and "make the master join the fight".

Funny enough, all the people that criticize bst either dont have it leveled or claim to have elitist geared bst with 0 JPs earned (like some wishful thinker in another forum claims lol) but when it comes down to balancing stuff, why bst?

When i read everywhere "i saw 2 BST kill the T3 fairies in escha-zitah very quick" or "razor fang does 20-30 dmg!!! and dont post the complete situation just gets me mad.

2 BST capped on JP (currently) with good gear and using their 1h and runwild/spur can do a lot of dmg yea but ONCE AN HOUR, it isnt something you cant spam every mob and it isnt something every bst can do since most (sadly) stop at the 100jp mark.

Also when ppl mention GEO buffs buffing bst pets big time well, geo buffs every single class like cor but what about brd? BRD buffs are a monstrosity from properly geared players (i got a rem brd in my static and her buffs are simple way too OP), did i ever see a bst mention anything about that? nope.

Now lets see (in my opinnion) classes that are way too OP compared to bst:

- Blue mage: Well here comes the sugar job for SE next to samurai, what can i say about blu other than hello mighty guard. Single job that can achieve almost every trait in the game at its maximum level from other classes, can self-skillchain/mb, has enough cures + status debuff/heals + utility stuff to reduce the amount of ppl you would need for any event to the minimum.

Can cap delay by itself without any other support (and i think the only jobs that can do that if im not mistaken are rdm and nin+dnc -maybe-), can cleave mobs faster than any veteran bst, can do any bcnm or content of any kind without much trouble and can be self-sustained for very long periods of time, can literally cover any spot in the game job wise efficiently without sacrificing anything (specially at 1200 JP which basically turns BLU in the single most-OP job in the game).

- Samurai: Well about samurai all i'd say is the day of the update went to a dho gates and did the new mobs with a mb setup + koga sam/brd and the sam was spamming lv3 skillchains like if it was candy, no other job in the game can do this so quick and efficiently (and so strong, 30 secs per mob that has 140k+ hp is ridiculous).

- Nukers: I saw nukers to cover blm-sch-geo-rdm, MB setup is the single best thing you could do to kill stuff fast and with 0 risk, if your group is good means NMs dieing in 2-3 volleys max, 1 minute of work on ANYTHING (and i know this firsthand because sch is 1 of the jobs i use too for this purpose), i still have to see any bst setup kill things faster than a MB setup.

Do i want these jobs nerfed?? nope, why would i want it? i benefit of them all and if XX job/person outperforms me so what?? Now all these people that are happy now with this "bst-nerf", what do you all gain with it?? if you suck at your class, you gonna keep doing it no matter how many nerfbats XX job gets, there are several jobs that need at least their 2h WS adjusted badly and all people can think is "waa waa only want bst for everything", the only thing the range we had pre-patch gave to the master was safety because the master cant melee like most jobs and if you wanna do it, go and build extra sets just for the niche fights you were supposed to melee lol.

Im sad about this patch @ bst because many ppl i know in-game literally quit BST for good but hey, i endured being a BST at the start of this game where i had to EXP in onzozo or ifrit's cauldron for a very long time so this is just an annoyance as i said.

Oh and 1 last note before ending, the argument of "BST is expensive!! we should have some kind of edge" is quite logical (same way i understand shooting jobs), every reward or call beast i press costs me gil while the blu next to me plays with the maximum advantage possible without spending, is it fair? remember bst have been getting nerf after nerf the last 3-4 updates, when is this gonna end?

P.S.: There's too many raincloud players here!!
    (16)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I want to say that SE increased range for SMN JAs from 15 yalms to 20 yalms.

Can you do the same for amount for BST? from 20 Yalms to 15 yalms?

(7 yalms is ridiculous).
    (12)

Character
    Inx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Having to constantly maintain such a short distance from the pet in order to use any command is just plain annoying.

Its not fun to play.

Which is actually worse than a nerf to be honest. It feels like an act of sabotage and needs reversing.
    (11)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inx View Post
    Having to constantly maintain such a short distance from the pet in order to use any command is just plain annoying.

Its not fun to play.

Which is actually worse than a nerf to be honest. It feels like an act of sabotage and needs reversing.
    I agree it feels like a knife in the gut.

I heard people mocking bst last night, and have seen others cheering that BST is useless now. I don't understand it. All jobs should be fun. No one should take pleasure from the pain of others like this. I always thought FFXI was a step above other MMOs because it required teamwork to do so much, and people formed a bond as they pulled together.

I'm sad for my bst, but sadder in general at how this game has become. There are other MMOs, but there will never be another one that was as good as this one used to be.
    (12)

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Just wanted to post to agree with the people here. This is not a proper nerf. It simply makes it very irritating to play the job. It's not fun when you're constantly limited by an extremely short range and Ready silently stops working when you switch to the other side of the mob. That is bad.

Job balancing should be done objectively and equally. It shouldn't be done because some people get loud and others get silent. I don't think SE would have made such a drastic change were it not for people complaining. (Like the beginning of this very thread)

That's a problem, because whoever is loudest will get whatever they want. And that will never be fair.
    (13)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's not that hard of a concept to understand. SE wants you to stand next to your BST when you go to kill stuff. So do it. If you don't want to play BST that way... then don't play BST.
    (3)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    It's not that hard of a concept to understand. SE wants you to stand next to your BST when you go to kill stuff. So do it. If you don't want to play BST that way... then don't play BST.
    I'd prefer the third option where I don't have to choose between not playing it, or not enjoying it. That's terrible game design and you should feel bad for endorsing it.
    (9)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    I'd prefer the third option where I don't have to choose between not playing it, or not enjoying it. That's terrible game design and you should feel bad for endorsing it.
    It's not terrible game design. You just have a personal problem and you should feel bad for not getting over it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Singforu; 09-19-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Character
    Androgeus
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    SE wanted to please a few ppl that thought BST was overpowered is all, actually a properly geared BST will not stand up to a mob too much better than a BRD, so go stand right next to every mob, every fight and see how it goes ^^

A properly geared BST is for pet, not player, and it shouldn't be about making the job unenjoyable, undesirable or untenable for players and force them to find a way to deal with it ~ if they wanted to scale it back then scale it back, not completely ruin and change it so drastically it is broken. If you don't play the job, you just don't know what they did. They completely kill our fun for the job, they utterly ruin our fantasy of it and you say don't play BST? Should I play what you find enjoyable or me? What are we paying for then? What are we playing for then? If they nerfed BRD so drastically I would empathize, not criticize. I find that sad.
    (8)

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast