Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You aren't "duoing" if you call trusts. All you've done is rob a living, breathing player of the opportunity to gain Hallmarks, Gallantry, and JP in favor of a thankless NPC who will gain nothing from their participation.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    ALL THOSE ARE UNTRADABLE.
    NONE OF THOSE INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF LOOT YOU GET PER PERSON BY SIMPLY BRINGING A MULED BODY.
    UNM/VW do in fact increase the amount of loot by bringing a mule. ^^;; I can assure you that the odds are in your favor to increase the number of overall HMP you get from VW if you bring more muled bodies vs fewer, and last I checked, HMP are in fact tradeable/sellable. Same goes for UNM since each player gets a coffer and the upgrade items are tradeable/sellable. Same goes for the vast majority of group oriented content since the inception of the game if you take into account farming kill speed compared to group size. (You tend to die less often and kill things faster w/ more bodies than less, which increases opportunity to profit.)

Gaes Fete is the exception in that the only tradeable/sellables are lixirs/ores. And I have (exceedingly rarely.. like twice in last 500 NM kills) received +2's on both of my characters from the same fight, so it is technically possible to increase overall group profit there as well, even though the primary focus of the event system is R/EX loot.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    UNM/VW do in fact increase the amount of loot by bringing a mule. ^^;; I can assure you that the odds are in your favor to increase the number of overall HMP you get from VW if you bring more muled bodies vs fewer, and last I checked, HMP are in fact tradeable/sellable.
    I literally said this. Please read posts before you reply.
    If you do VW/WOE every party member gets their own loot pool full of items you can trade.
    I'm going to go back on topic:

This games content direction(especially for entry for omen) needs to change. If people wanted to play FF14 and modern MMO's, they'd go play one of the 4060460 of them.

People play FFXI because it's unique. The current direction the devs are taking this game is making this game less unique and trying to turn it into a modern MMO. That is not good and will put a lot of players off from playing(as it's already doing).
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 01-02-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Player
    I literally said this. Please read posts before you reply.
    Sorry, I think that I misinterpreted your statement to apply to all of my earlier post that you were replying to. My point still stands though that it's nothing new or shocking to receive extra rewards for playing this MMO (middle "M" stands for "Multiplayer) in a group when compared to solo/lowman.

I'm going to go back on topic:

This games content direction(especially for entry for omen) needs to change. If people wanted to play FF14 and modern MMO's, they'd go play one of the 4060460 of them.

People play FFXI because it's unique. The current direction the devs are taking this game is making this game less unique and trying to turn it into a modern MMO. That is not good and will put a lot of players off from playing(as it's already doing).
    The entry system for Omen is actually more along the lines of oldschool ffxi than modern MMOs though. Most of, if not all, of the old lockouts are still there in-game in fact. They just tend to get bypassed by RoV KIs nowadays so it's easy to forget that.

Omen is intended to be on the higher end of endgame content, not intended for newbies to succeed easily, and not intended for solo/lowman to be able to achieve the same results as a full group. If you watch the FP, the devs actually seemed rather proud of how strict/harsh they made this challenge. I could totally picture Matsui chuckling evilly and making a grinchy smile in his head while they were doing the demo. lol Makes sense to me for new endgame content to be designed to be challenging for current endgame players. That includes using the lockout as a (very likely temporary) means to prevent current endgame players from totally steamrolling thru in a matter of weeks rather than months.

The only complaints that I have with Omen would be:
    * Certain jobs gain nearly nothing from upgrading ANY of their AF, but that is not a problem with the design of the content itself, just with the stats on some of the gear.
    * It can be super annoying and easy to miss objective messages with all of the combat spam due to their default dark grey text color. They are important AND timed, so they should be easily readable on the fly.
    * Certain things which are not exactly obvious (like the omens from foes message after a kill) have absolutely no explanation given as to what they do. I'm used to going in blind for new events in this game and don't expect any hints about boss gimmicks, but content system-related info should be shared in detail with the players IMO. Really only an actual "problem" if there was relevant info given to JP side that was not passed on to the NA side.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That's great. The devs are wrong and 20 hour lock outs are trash.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The only complaints that I have with Omen would be:
    * Certain jobs gain nearly nothing from upgrading ANY of their AF, but that is not a problem with the design of the content itself, just with the stats on some of the gear.
    * It can be super annoying and easy to miss objective messages with all of the combat spam due to their default dark grey text color. They are important AND timed, so they should be easily readable on the fly.
    * Certain things which are not exactly obvious (like the omens from foes message after a kill) have absolutely no explanation given as to what they do. I'm used to going in blind for new events in this game and don't expect any hints about boss gimmicks, but content system-related info should be shared in detail with the players IMO. Really only an actual "problem" if there was relevant info given to JP side that was not passed on to the NA side.
    Are these are your only complaints? What about:

-Not being able to store more than 1 KI,
    -Only earning cards on your current job
    -Low HP trash mobs make certain objectives way more difficult than necessary
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Are these are your only complaints? What about:

-Not being able to store more than 1 KI,
    -Only earning cards on your current job
    -Low HP trash mobs make certain objectives way more difficult than necessary
    Well

1. It would be nice to store more than one, but that doesn't bother everyone because not everyone plays consistentlydespite popular belief.
    2. This could have been done better but it actually makes sense from a design perspective. XI has always rewarded players that were versatile be it community or game system wise. I'm sure you've played long enough to know the joys and/or horrors of being shoved onto a job you didn't like because you had it leveled and they needed x job, but also being able to switch to a fully geared/merited job no matter what is needed for x run. So this is kind of a personal opinion because it could been as good or bad depending on personal play style.
    3. Trash mobs being a thing is always a kind of "eh" situation in MMOs.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    I want them to add 24 hours lockout to escha now just to see people defending it now.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Well

1. It would be nice to store more than one, but that doesn't bother everyone because not everyone plays consistentlydespite popular belief.
    2. This could have been done better but it actually makes sense from a design perspective. XI has always rewarded players that were versatile be it community or game system wise. I'm sure you've played long enough to know the joys and/or horrors of being shoved onto a job you didn't like because you had it leveled and they needed x job, but also being able to switch to a fully geared/merited job no matter what is needed for x run. So this is kind of a personal opinion because it could been as good or bad depending on personal play style.
    3. Trash mobs being a thing is always a kind of "eh" situation in MMOs.
    1. Being able to store multiple KI benefits everybody but it benefits the people who can't play constantly most of all. It means that a player who can't log on constantly can still theoretically progress comparably to a player who does by saving up a few KI for when he/she can actually sit down and devote some time to the game.

2. I don't know what you're trying to say. Do you agree or disagree? Certainly the card situation should have been implemented differently because 10 cards is a ridiculous number to have to trade when you need hundreds.

3. Trash mobs are fine, but I'm actually emphasizing the low HP as my complaint. If your objective is to do a a dozen skillchains in 90 seconds or whatever, having 15 mobs that can practically be auto-attacked to death is poor design. Why not have half the mobs with double the HP?
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    1. Being able to store multiple KI benefits everybody but it benefits the people who can't play constantly most of all. It means that a player who can't log on constantly can still theoretically progress comparably to a player who does by saving up a few KI for when he/she can actually sit down and devote some time to the game.
    This is literally the only reason I have a problem with the KI system. It tells me "login and do your chores every day or you'll be punished".
    Just let me save up the damn KI and spam it when I feel like it. That's all I want.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast