Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i'll give you another example (though it's not empyrean, the argument has changed to single wielding), rdm solo doing aeolian edge farming, you'd use genbu's shield so you can maximize pdt.
    Good thing Aeolian edge will give you aftermath, eh?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardiem View Post
    Prot, these are exceptions, not the rule.

If you're going for damage on mobs that matter (NMs and such) and aren't using a magical weaponskill to brew, and you CAN dual wield, you will be doing so. Its foolish not to.
    yes i know, just making a point that it's not always retarded to single wield.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Good thing Aeolian edge will give you aftermath, eh?
    hmm, can have aftermath or kill 20 mobs at once. I'll bet if you were to time it, a person would be able to kill those 20 mobs at once a lot faster than killing 20 mobs one at a time with aftermath.

o and cream.... that guy in your sig is so gay.
    (0)

Damn that's some sound reasoning, but I have to honestly say it doesn't assuage my curiosity. It could be argued that we don't get any buffs from offhand weapons or grips but those things are hardly empyrean weapons I suppose. I look at our set bonus from AF3 and we aren't even able to proc our aftermath effect while kicking then a warrior crits for 1400 and I died a little on the inside. Well that's about as much I'm going to be able to type for now... Cream_Soda's signature is about as distracting as mine is. Thanks for adding to the discussion to all who gave some input.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    hmm, can have aftermath or kill 20 mobs at once. I'll bet if you were to time it, a person would be able to kill those 20 mobs at once a lot faster than killing 20 mobs one at a time with aftermath.
    Well, when we're discussing aftermath procs, why would anything that does not give an aftermath proc be relevant to discussion?

o and cream.... that guy in your sig is so gay.
    No wonder you like him so much.
    (0)

Player
    Well, when we're discussing aftermath procs, why would anything that does not give an aftermath proc be relevant to discussion?
    That would be from previous post where i had stated that the discussion had changed from aftermath proc to single wielding.

No wonder you like him so much.
    not into guys. not into sluts like the one in Radio's sig either.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'll rephrase from earlier.

If vereth procced on both hands, single wield emps would be the only ones not getting 100% of the time, because in 95%+ of practical situations, they will be dual wielding and will not have the option to offhand another empy in its place.

No need to be modest
    (0)

Player
    wouldn't you normally be offhanding a tp weapon so it wouldn't even matter?
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    K nvm. I misread that. I get what you're saying.

That's my point, if you're offhanding a weapon, that weapon isn't going to get double damage.

Giving vereth double damage procs on both hands would leave dual wielders as the only ones not able to get procs on all of their attacks.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    That would be from previous post where i had stated that the discussion had changed from aftermath proc to single wielding.

Hey now, let's leave Beyoncé out of this!

Let us proc on both hands and feet. That would be ideal for me.
    (0)

K nvm. I misread that. I get what you're saying.

That's my point, if you're offhanding a weapon, that weapon isn't going to get double damage.

Giving vereth double damage procs on both hands would leave dual wielders as the only ones not able to get procs on all of their attacks.
    And I'm fine with that. Although we'd still be unable to proc on kicks which means we still wouldn't be able to proc on all our attacks either.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast