Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    as above, there's no point in having any gear that doesn't have accuracy on it if the cap is so high that you basically need it on every piece on top of having every accuracy buff imaginable.

The thing is, the game wasn't always balanced this way. I don't know why they think the key to making encounters difficult is "lets make everybody miss most the time."
    two words "Artificial Difficulty" ever since i heard someone say it it made perfect sense, instead of content with real ways to fight monsters they just make them spam AoE's and have ungodly evasion and claim its higher difficulty. That would be like going on a advance driving lesson on a single lane road and being told to pass the car infront of you or fail.
    Why couldn't SE make more fight gimmicks like shields/barriers that need a certain damage to break or a voidwatch'ish system where proc'ing at the right time toned the enemy down making it more manageable.
    (2)

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Because they think fighting an monster with death, doom, reset aggro and great evasion is more fun.
    Actually for an 18ppl ally you need half of members as buffer, 0~2DD's max then tank +heal.
    you never see that in SE picture
    (4)

Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What I would like to see is, just liked they added JT HP Boost to most melee awhile back is they add tier two or tier 3 of Acc Bonus to all melee. You can't denie BLU,DNC & RNG are way ahead in ACC if gear is top notch.
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To be honest, I think it'd probably make more sense to raise the Combat Skills merits from 8. They've just been increasing the amount of skills we can have capped at 8 instead of raising the individual values of each type of combat skill. I remember a day when I could only have 4 weapon type skills capped at 8, I played THF MNK SMN at the time, so I had Dagger, Staff, Hand-to-Hand, and Marksmanship all capped, made sense to me since I didn't need Great Katana, Axe, or any other weapon type since they weren't any benefit to me. But now having all the skills capped just seems pointless especially when I don't play those jobs really, I'm simply going to level my NIN and BLU to 75 in order to allocate Katana skill, Blue Magic Skill and Ninjutsu skill merits, because meh.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I totally agree that melee accuracy is broken at the moment. Rings, earrings, ammo, belts, etc. are introduced that give great stats, boosts to DA, TA, QA, etc., but they can't be used because many melee (with a few exceptions) need to use accuracy pieces in those places, along with having perfectly augmented reisenjima accuracy armor and the best accuracy food in the game and full buffs and full debuffs on the enemy to even hope of hitting some of the highest tier enemies. Magic damage is already unbalanced (I could go on for days about that subject) due to magic bursts, but the damage is made more apparent since, while magic accuracy is needed, even with lower accuracy, the mages can still do damage. There is a reason people only (mostly) want mages for end content: they can many times do more damage with their spells when at cap accuracy, can stay out of the horrible aoe range, and can actually do damage even with lower accuracy (unlike melees); a win-win there. Giving melees access to Reisenjima armor with higher stat caps is nice, but when you are then forced to try to get perfect accuracy augs over all else to be able to even hit enemies (and give up DA, TA, QA, base stat boosts, etc.), there is something wrong. As a side note, it may say that the melee hit rate can't fall below 20%, but testing I have done with hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of attacks, have put an average hit rate floor at 2-5%. I realize this could be luck of the draw (as I have the worst luck), but others have the same issue. Finally, I would like to agree with the prior posts in saying that never in the history of this game have players been forced to give up so much in gear to stack accuracy in order to hit things.
    (0)

Character
    Fermande
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I will say that it is interesting that almost all of the mage jobs have a job point category for additional magic accuracy, yet none of the melee ones have an equivalent for accuracy.

It would be nice to see more melee jobs out in endgame content, but it just doesn't happen anymore. Even in areas where skillchains are good to have, this has been taken over by SCH, another mage. It used to be that you needed to coordinate your melee DPS to create them.
    (1)

Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I would like to point out that saying that accuracy is balanced is a slight oversight. Yes, accuracy is balanced for dual-wielder jobs, but these jobs can get accuracy from both weapons, for up to a 40 or so accuracy boost over 2-handers. This is made worse by the fact that the accuracy buff to .75 accuracy per dex boost that 2-handers were given to help balance accuracy years ago has been given to dual-wielder jobs that naturally have more dexterity. Now not only do 2-handers lose in not having a second weapon for accuracy, but they also lost the only competitive edge they had with extra acc per dex. This allows a similarly geared dual-wielder to have 50-100 more accuracy than a 2-hander just because of this oversight and accuracy buff they received. 2-handers need either a new acc-dex buff or much more dex or accuracy on their gear.
    (2)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermande View Post
    I will say that it is interesting that almost all of the mage jobs have a job point category for additional magic accuracy, yet none of the melee ones have an equivalent for accuracy.

It would be nice to see more melee jobs out in endgame content, but it just doesn't happen anymore. Even in areas where skillchains are good to have, this has been taken over by SCH, another mage. It used to be that you needed to coordinate your melee DPS to create them.
    Hey, Monk has one! ...for when I have Hundred Fists or Focus up. That always seemed kind of lame to me. If I need the extra acc when I use those abilities, chances are good I'll be useless once they're down.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

I agree that endgame accuracy is just stupid right now, and it has created a huge gap that mediocre-119 geared players can't bridge. I mean, if the idea is to make sure 3/4 of your playerbase can never participate in endgame it's well designed. Otherwise it's just awful.

I have full 119 gear on a couple jobs but it does me no good because folks all are doing the latest content which I can't even touch (literally)... and my old go-to buff job, Bard, is not really desireable anymore. Basically I feel like if I don't level and gear GEO I am never going to be able to play relevant content again...

I really wish there was some middle ground content that folks could do solo to get them to the point where they are welcome in parties but it doesn't seem to exist.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 01-27-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ...You do realize that to get to these "high level endgame fights," players had to actually fight through the middle tiers and get the gear themselves, yeah? To get to this "relevant content"? You say it's difficult for "mediocre-119-geared" players to get the gear for this, but unless there is <6 of you and you are all very antisocial enough to not want to work together, there's plenty of opportunities to get this gear. Alluvion Skirmish > Zi'tah (if I can solo most of these with ease, barring that stupid tauri, then I'm sure a pickup party can do it) > Ru'aun and so forth. Work in pieces, don't just expect to jump up to the highest tier right away.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast