Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

[dev1024] - Pining Nocturne

From reading posts about Pining Nocturne, it seems that its duration is increased with instrument skill (and All "Songs+X" from Gjallarhorn) and it doesn't stack with Addle.

The last, bolded part has been bugging me for awhile now... It'd very odd for a Brd song to not stack with other similar enfeebling effects and the notion that it doesn't is really bothersome. It kind of takes away from how Brd can support and add to all other jobs, which I feel is and has been the core of Brd for years.

Everything in this update looks pretty nice for Brd, and I know the dev. team has their hands fairly full trying to deal with other jobs (incessant crying from Drks everywhere...) but it'd be really nice if we could get some confirmation on their thoughts behind Pining Nocturne.

Basically, please make Pining Nocturne stack with a Whm/Rdm's Addle spell. If this would truly be too overpowered, please tell us why.

If the trade-off between having it stack with Addle is not having its duration enhanced by instrument skill, then it'd be nice if they'd just lowered its base duration to that of Carnage Elegy (3min).

Thank you for reading this if you have! >.<
    (4)

Character
    Anuke
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    yes please.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    yes
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Pining Nocturne NOT stacking with addle does not make any sense to me. The only situation that I can think of that you would not have a WHM or RDM in party is when the main healer is a SCH. After the 95 update both WHM and RDM will have access to addle, so if it does not stack what is the point of BRD getting Pining Nocturne(song version of addle) if it does not stack.

In abyssea yes a solo BRD could be the main healer for certain parties, but outside abyssea unless the BRD is a Gjallarhorn BRD, there is very few places/party setups that a BRD can main heal.

SE didn't you want to give us more songs with offensive capabilities? Please reconsider the ability to stack Addle and Pining Nocturne, unless you are telling us bards to ONLY party with SCH's as main healers so that we can cast Pining Nocturne.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 09-15-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    SE didn't you want to give us more songs with offensive capabilities? Please reconsider the ability to stack Addle and Pining Nocturne, unless you are telling us bards to ONLY party with SCH's as main healers so that we can cast Pining Nocturne.
    This is something I really agree with. Since the song doesn't stack with the spell Addle, it almost creates this competition of who can cast and land Addle first on the enemy, which just seems stupid, as opposed to working together, which is what Brd (and sort of the core of FFXI) is all about.
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Everything in this update looks pretty nice for Brd, and I know the dev. team has their hands fairly full trying to deal with other jobs (incessant crying from Drks everywhere...) but it'd be really nice if we could get some confirmation on their thoughts behind Pining Nocturne.
    I kinda disagree here. I'm getting pretty sick of BRD not getting any fun new toys to play with. Every update the DDs have a cool new ability or WS to mess around with, and all BRD ever gets is underwhelming abilities (Tenuto, Marcato), Song extensions (Horde II, Carol II) and the odd cool, but incredibly situational song (Pining Nocturne, Scherzo)

I think BRDs get the rough end of an update most of the time, like we're an afterthought. There are plenty of great ideas about the job, but I feel like SE just gives us basic stuff and because we're not as vocal as some communities (Cough*DRK SAM*Cough) we never get anything done. We're only JUST NOW getting requiem fixed. There are still several useless songs and I dunno.

I feel as if we're kinda like forgotten about sometimes.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Oh I feel the same way. BRD is like a cockroach, never really evolving yet surviving each update no worse for the wear. The stability is nice, but it's also boring.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Completely agree. Nerf the strength of one, the other, or both if you have to, but the fact that brd co-exists so well with other mages has always been part of the allure of the job. Elegy stacks with slow. Requiem stacks with poison and all other DoT forms. Threnody stacks with ninjutsu ___ton spells and ancient magic. Minne and defender. Minuet and warcry. March and haste. Need I go on? Aside from lullaby and virelai, I can't think of any other songs that don't stack. (hymnus doesn't count- you can still have hymnus and reraise on at the same time).
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    We definitely are forgotten about in the sea of other jobs, but imo compared to all the past level cap updates for Brd, this looks like to be one of our best yet (Scars Update was also really good for Brd too though). Tenuto wasn't that underwhelming (5sec recast now should really enhance it as well), and Marcato will allow us to pretty much cap Magical haste approx. 60%~ of the time now without SV. I'm not really sure why so many peeps don't care for it. >.<

Personally, I've been waiting for Horde Lullaby II for what seems like ages. Pining Nocturne should be nice if they just let it stack with Addle...

In terms of gear, we got a Cure Potency body/cape, which I'm really excited about, among other things. Strangely, I don't think any new instruments were added though... Except for 95 Daurdabla/Gjallarhorn, which are... disappointing. >.<

Lastly, new skill tiers should allow us to hit the skill cap on Scherzo. So overall, I'm pretty excited for the update.

I'd still really like for us to get a creative, brand new type of song/buff, but sadly I just don't see it happening, considering all our songs aren't exclusive effects to our job (Except for some underwhelming songs like Dark/Light Carol, some Status resist songs, etc. You know, the songs nobody should probably be using). x.x
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah I can see what your saying. I just feel like... I love the job but it does need something intuitive to keep us hardcore BRDs happy. The BRDs who happily and willingly play the job.

I dunno, maybe in actual application Marcato will be better, I'm just being a bit of a stick in the mud about it atm. And yeah, seriously why update the old status spells? They were useless back then, they'll be useless now. I remember being a party with someone using Gavotte over and over again, saying it fully nullifies it These people shouldn't be playing the job
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast