Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Zubrin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

JSE Reive Capes Exchange System

Has the Dev Team considered implementing a system similar to one used for Empyrean feet armor? That is, trade three unwanted items for the one you want.

I understand that to preserve the longevity of content, this type of adjustment is usually something that would be applied to older events; but Adoulin content seems to be cycling through a lot faster and rapidly becomes less accessible. On my server, there is little consistency Colonization Reives, and more often than not, no one is fighting them. I suspect many gave up before even receiving their JSE capes due to the tedium. An exchange system would be an attractive option to those players.

I'm fortunate enough to have in-game friends with the right jobs and play time that allow me to clear reives without depending on the general population, but I suspect I'm in the minority.
    (17)

Player
    after they lowered the hp of the rocks seems you are lucky if you can even get a cape now.
    (1)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yes, this would be nice. Even when you get a cape drop chance it's very very rare to get one you can use.

On my server it's either:
    1: Nobody doing reives so you have to solo it for 20+ mins, assuming you can even solo it.
    2: A dozen Oat monks kill the rocks in 20 seconds. Don't have a delve weapon? Enjoy your no rewards.

Also, Oat Monks sounds like a delicious breakfast cereal.

Oat Monks: Start your day with a PUNCH!
    (10)
    Last edited by Moppet; 08-27-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    An Exchange System makes perfect sense.

Thus, SE won't implement it for at least another three years.

(5)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    An Exchange System makes perfect sense.

Thus, SE won't implement it for at least another three years.

One would hope they'd implement this sooner rather than later. We know they already have the basic coding for it, they did this for AF3 feet. Sadly, I'm quite sure they'll let this sit, just as it is.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    One would hope they'd implement this sooner rather than later. We know they already have the basic coding for it, they did this for AF3 feet. Sadly, I'm quite sure they'll let this sit, just as it is.
    It's not a coding issue. If they add this tomorrow or next week, it's because they deem it not to be a threat to participation in reives. If it IS a threat, it won't see the light of day until the next expansion has rendered Adoulin obsolete.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    what I would rather see is something like how floor-100 works in Nyzul Isle: wherein the job you take to the rieve determines the cape that drops first.
    EX: Bring WHM to the rieve and you'll get the WHM cape to drop first. Bring BRD and get the BRD cape. etc etc etc

That would not only give ppl the capes they want... but it would also promote bringing more than just DDs and SMNs to rieves. lol
    (3)

8. 09-09-2013 05:56 PM

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Incidental note: Capes also show up in Soul Pyres as well in those areas. Bring some Mummer's spectacles.

Edit note: And for that matter, the capes don't just drop in Ravine. Dho Gates and Yorica too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rustic; 09-10-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Dho gates is not an option with only 2 colonization reives and no lairs. Yorcia sucks too, for different reasons, but at least it's become a viable option for people now that the bivs are unlocked.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Dho gates is not an option with only 2 colonization reives and no lairs. Yorcia sucks too, for different reasons, but at least it's become a viable option for people now that the bivs are unlocked.
    Did you miss me mentioning that capes also drop in soul pyres? Sit there, smite some regular monsters, and you've got a shot at a cape that way as well. From what I can see, the "drop table" is similar to the reward table for completing a Reive, and if it's a cruddy drop, you can at least depop the darn thing for a few bayld. And unlike a Reive, you can't have people with Delve weaponry blasting it apart before you get a single evaluation.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast