Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Fellow adjustements.

Equipment

As of 2008,
    we have seen a new job, Puppetmaster. And we noticed that the puppet can use 16 slots. Thus not for Equipment but for attachments.

I was thinking that the New equipment adjustements would be for our Fellow NPC. So
    we could give him or her the stats she deserves. The Attributes given to your new non-playing friend would be cut in half at the level given, I.e: You give a scorpion Harness at Level 57. your fellow would have "HP+8 ice res: -10 Evasion +5 Acc +5" and at Level 85 the normal atributtes. Rare/ex Item, or augmented item would not be possible to equip on you NPC Because it is still considered as another player.

Behavior
    _________

To be able to control your NPC with text command.
    -Go Behind, infront, Right side, Left side. (Many types of mobs you can't fight from a side or behind i.e Fafnir...
    -we need more healing, focus on fighting, save your mp, stop attacking, stay at 20 yalms from the monster and heal only. Focus on enfeebling ( i don't know how many times... she debuffed and said i am running out of MP while i was dying a terrible death).

Jobs

BLM able to cast Elemental and Enfeebling Some traits -no job abilities
    WHM Cure and divine magic Some traits -no job abilities
    WAR Good DD or Tank Provoke Berserk or defender depending on assigned job.
    THF Treasure hunter 1 and 2 only.
    MNK Good DD or Tank Focus or Dodge depending on assigned job
    RDM Cure Debuff elemental would be allowed to have Refresh or convert only.

I have more ideas, but first i wanna know what everyone else thinks.
    let me know if you have ideas aswell.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Forgot to mention THF would be able to use Shortbow and Crossbow.
    (0)

There's a Plethora of Adventuring Fellow threads, as well as quite a many few I've added suggestions too. The thing with Adventuring Fellows is that they follow a job "Suggestion" system, So it'd have to be something like.

Assailer - Ranged DD. (RNG)
    Sharp Assailer - Ranged DD +1 (Faster Attack Speed, RNG/SAM, high Store TP, etc)

Elementalist - Magical DD
    Destructive Elementalist - Magical DD +1 (Lower Recast Timers, Higher Magic Accuracy and Attack)

This covers two Job "Archetypes" That aren't covered already. a MNK or RDM job would be redundant, Since the only unique thing to it would be Focus or Dodge, and for RDM, I guess Phalanx? - But I like the general idea... our NPC could use some more jobs.

--------- That aside.

I Really wish they'd let us equip our NPC's, Not full on Earrings/Rings... But even just "Visible" Slots like a Mannequin would be really nice of them. Make it a quest. Right now, NPC's are drastically underpowered. The fact that they take up a party slot is an insult considering their underwhelming weakness... Even a Fierce Attack with a Great Katana has less DPS Than a Melee SMN using a Fire Staff. Its downright pathetic. That being said, I really want to draw the attention to an idea i had in a previous thread...

Instead of buffing the NPC through allowing us to equip it, How about simply giving us Better Equipment that improves our NPC (Think Hydra Armor)? - Each one attuning to a Certain Job Type for the NPC. It could all be level 95.

Examples: Mage Set.
    Fellowship Cap
    DEF:30
    Fellow: HP+40 MP+40
    Cure Potency +4%
    Cure Casting Time -4%

Fellowship Saio
    DEF:50
    Fellow: HP+60 MP+60
    Adds "Refresh" Effect
    Cure Potency +10%
    Healing Magic Skill +10

Fellowship Cuffs
    DEF:20
    Fellow: HP+20 MP+20
    MND+10 INT+10 Haste +5%

Fellowship Slacks
    DEF:40
    Fellow: MP+100
    Cure Potency +6%
    Cure Spellcasting Time-6%
    Enhancing Magic Duration +10%

Fellowship Clogs
    DEF:20
    Fellow: HP+100 MND+10
    INT+10 Magic Accuracy +25
    Occ. Quickens Spell Casting +5%.

"Stalwart Shield" Set

Fellowship Visor
    DEF:35
    Fellow: VIT+10 Accuracy+10
    HP+80 MP+40
    Damage Taken -10%
    Haste+5%

Fellowship Surcoat
    DEF:60
    Fellow: STR+20 VIT+20 Accuracy +20 Attack+20
    Adds "Regen" Effect
    Adds "Refresh" Effect
    Enhances the Effects of Protect and Shell

Fellowship Gauntlets
    DEF:35
    Fellow: HP+80 MP+80
    Enhances Shld. Def. Bonus
    Cure Potency +15%
    Enmity +20

Fellowship Cuisses
    DEF:40
    Fellow: HP+80 MP+80 STR+10 VIT+10
    Damage Taken -10%
    Enmity +10
    Haste+2%

Fellowship Leggings
    DEF:25
    Fellow: HP+30 MP+20 VIT+15
    Accuracy +10 Damage Taken -5%
    Haste +2%

"Fierce Attacker" Set

Fellowship Sallet
    DEF:30
    Fellow: HP+100 STR+15 DEX+15 Accuracy +15 Attack+15
    Haste +4% "Save TP"+20

Fellowship Hauberk
    DEF:50
    Fellow: Weapon Base Damage +50%
    Accuracy +5% Attack+5%
    Weaponskill Damage +5%

Fellowship Gloves
    Fellow: STR+20 Attack+20
    Haste+5%
    Triple Attack+5%

Fellowship Hose
    DEF:45
    Fellow: DEX+20 Accuracy+20
    Haste +5%
    Double Attack+5%

Fellowship Greaves
    Fellow: STR+5 DEX+5 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15
    Haste+3% "Store TP"+20

As with Hydra Armor, Effects are applied if you're wearing the Armor, When you summon your NPC, So you can Mix-and-Match sets, but only 1 set per Summon obviously. Armor does not need to remain equipped for the NPC to get the buff.

*Weapon Base Damage +50% -

I.E, at current time, a NPC's weapon is about as strong as something a real player would be using at level ... 70, Ish. So for example, say their Dagger is base Damage of 30, +50% Damage would boost it to 45, About on par with current daggers. their GK is say, 70, +50% would be 105, Which is lower than most all Level 90+ GK, But still a solid Damage. The reason this is better than say, Straight "Weapon Base Damage +20" would be that for Daggers or h2h, This would be epic, but for GK or GS, it would suck.

So remember, While that sounds powerful, at current, our NPC's base damage is pitiful, saddly pitiful. Our NPC's as a whole are pitiful. The above stats, While seemingly overpowered, Would actually still make them, on Average, Weaker than a Level 80 Player in Full Perle... I think if our NPC should be anything, It should at least be as strong as a level 80 Perle BST...

That being said - The Armor could come from rewards specific to Fellow Events... The suggestion in another thread was Fellow BCNMs. You can purchase these BCNM orbs with Fellowship Points. Level 99 Uncapped battles. 1+NPC v 1. You and your NPC versus a monster. Fun little battles with the Armor as a nice reward. Maybe throw in about 5k Exp for your NPC or something.
    (2)

I actually like the fact that the fellow's visual gear doesn't have an impact on battle performance (except the weapon). I do however definitely see the need for them to be able to equip gear with actual stats, but I would suggest that instead of letting this be done with visual gear, we'd do it via accessories.

We could get some really powerful fellow-only rings, earrings, ammo, belts and capes.
    Something like 30 str in one ring, or 40 acc in one earring, 15% haste in one belt, 7% DA+4% TA in one cape. Stuff like that.

Additionally, there really should be some AI options such as "keep in the back row" to make them try their best to stay in casting range, but keep outside of most AoEs, and perhaps also "stay on the same side as me", and "stay on the right/left/back of the monsters". We should also give them behavior patterns such as "conserve your MP", "go all-out" and maybe "take care of yourself" (would make the NPC focus on themselves not dying,and wouldn't cure you until you got into 15% hp).

The NPC should also definitely be able to /heal during combat. Maybe this could be part of the "conserve your MP" AI pattern.

-edit-
    Wow, I didn't realize until the day after how many broken sentences and stuff there were in my post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-16-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    AI pattern at this this time will get her/him owned.
    Or even be able to set some spells we want them to use. for WHM Cure 2~4 Debuff spell. Enhancing only if asked to.

We want a real companion that we can understand, and they can understand.
    (0)

What do you mean by "it will get her/him owned"?
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    How many times does your NPC depletes his/her MP without having a brain (silence on NM mob not using mp)
    Casting dia repeatly because the mob won't get Dia stick on it. Would actually be nice to have a NPC Self-Aware.
    you only have 1 charge a day, and you or companion dies cause didn't a good comon sense decision.

but it would actually be nice to gear your companion or even have new jobs to you Companion.
    (0)

Oh, you mean the current AI pattern. I thought you were saying something else.
    (0)

Greetings!

Adventuring fellows have been made to give a slight advantage in combat. Allowing equipment to give considerable status boosts could result in exceeding the amount of assistance that we had envisioned. However, we do agree that adventuring fellows should act more precisely depending on the combat scenario. We will be looking into ways to control adventuring fellows' reactions, but please note that the mechanics of this system are quite complicated, so it may take some time.
    (9)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They're not used that much. I wouldn't put too much time into it.
    (3)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast