Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96

"Double Cast"

5 Min recast.
    Gives the same effect as "Chainspell" but only for two spells.

Discuss.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    5 Min recast.
    Gives the same effect as "Chainspell" but only for two spells.

Discuss.
    It doesn't actually let us "do" anything we couldn't already do except double MB T4 nukes.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You could raise 2 people quickly. Or I'd pop it before reraise so I'm not caught casting it when someone needs a cure. I usually try to reapply during downtime when it's still up, but occasionally get caught without it.

I'd prefer a job trait that allows simultaneous casting of at least two spells at once at all times, with normal casting time (modified by FC of course). I know that's the traditional suggestion for Doublecast and it's often criticized as impossible to implement, but I never buy that. It would cut down on time spent buffing, if you're cycling refresh and haste anyway. It would also give RDM the unique ability to not worry about what else might happen after they start casting something long like raise/reraise.

The big issue would be equip swaps. If I see the need to emergency cure while casting a tier IV nuke, I'd still be tempted to wait until the nuke was finished so I don't get it off with Surya's on. This would be a potential problem with lots of spell combos.
    (1)

This is one of those things imo that would be "nice" to have but is far from needed especially in the face of a lot of issues that plagues Rdm at the moment. There are a lot of "needs" that need to be added before we hit the train wreck waiting for us at 99.
    (0)

Character
    Zemzerrett
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've been suggesting this for ages. As another alternative a Job Ability that lets you cast a spell, but after the spell is cast sets the recast timer of that spell to 0:00 allowing you to cast that same spell immediately again. A derivative of my last idea, instead of having it as a Job Ability, have it has a Job Trait - working like Conserve MP, etc.
    (0)
    Finishing the work which is not made through thoughtless human conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemzerrett View Post
    instead of having it as a Job Ability, have it has a Job Trait - working like Conserve MP, etc.
    That would not be a good thing. Some people macro in fast cast gear at the beginning of their spell then macro in potency gear to speed up their casting. If it's any percentage of activating other then 100% people won't be happy when they are suddenly casting important spells in fast cast gear.

And in terms of the recast thing I'd only really see that useful for nukes and occasionally stoneskin.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If dual wield can average delays and get the TP values right I'm skeptical that this couldn't be implemented. I would much rather have other things than this for RDM.

I mean i get that pretty much every other class can get tons of fast cast so it's not very unique, but that doesn't really make me want to put more emphasis on us being sub-par mages. Casting Blizzard 4 twice in a row and dealing less damage than a BLM is going to deal with Blizzard 5 isn't going to make me feel special. In fact, it's going to make me feel the opposite of that since i spent 46 extra MP to do it.

If you are looking to spice up my mage side than bring me a page from Chrono Trigger. I want Anitpode. Fire + Ice = magical meltdown.

Even more so that that that I want actual Fire Sword and Ice Sword. Give me the ability to save up TP and use a JA to crush my next magic burst strait through my enemies skull with my sword and you will find me one happy RDM. (Off to make a post....)
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 05-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    This is one of those things imo that would be "nice" to have but is far from needed especially in the face of a lot of issues that plagues Rdm at the moment. There are a lot of "needs" that need to be added before we hit the train wreck waiting for us at 99.
    Agreed. Still think it would cool and mildly useful, but I'd go for something like ManaKing's Firesword/Icesword first. I always thought Runic would be good for this. The Runic JA would absorb the next elemental spell cast by the RDM, a mob or a party member, then lets you unleash its power with enhanced damage on your next WS. Ideally you'd be able to double just the nuke power with the release, in addition to the WS damage. You could use your own nuke, or a SCH or BLM in the party could enhance your damage by providing a higher tier spell for absorption than the RDM could.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ^ What you just suggested sounds great as well. If they manage to put Runic in the game and make it offensive and defensive that would be amazing.

We need a way to deal more damage and it would be nice if it were magical damage.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Agreed. Still think it would cool and mildly useful, but I'd go for something like ManaKing's Firesword/Icesword first. I always thought Runic would be good for this. The Runic JA would absorb the next elemental spell cast by the RDM, a mob or a party member, then lets you unleash its power with enhanced damage on your next WS. Ideally you'd be able to double just the nuke power with the release, in addition to the WS damage. You could use your own nuke, or a SCH or BLM in the party could enhance your damage by providing a higher tier spell for absorption than the RDM could.
    that'd also be a pretty interesting way for a blm to nuke hard without gaining any hate.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast