Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ayasha
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Lots of good points in this thread. I agree that the double-edged sword of this change S-E is proposing will potentially cripple the efficiency of current Dynamis groups, but most of this is all speculation at this point. I've been doing Dynamis off and on for the past 4-5 years and the old system worked quite well. However, it seems to be more of a chore to me than the rewards (or in my case, complete LACK of rewards due to miserable luck ::shakes fists at Duke Berith:: ) promise to pay off. Granted, Dynamis currency isn't impossibly expensive to purchase, or rare enough to make farming it daunting (relatively, at least), it IS grossly inflated relative to the cost and effort necessary to obtain it. I'm actually interested in the changes coming up as well as the promise of a more casual approach at this content.

I would like to propose a 'Have Cake / Eat Cake' solution to the situation. Whether it's viable or not is irrelevant to me at this time because I don't claim to know or care about SE's server situation.

They can make Dynamis both instanced AND open to all. Keep the current form of the event intact, and as is, but with the new additions and modifications except keeping a 3 day cool down to avoid server monopolization. Employ a reservation system similar to the reservations required for Ballista or Brenner (I know that time is volatile in Dynamis, but not discussing in-depth mechanics here) requiring participants to have a copy of the reservation to enter. This will keep Dynamis linkshells able to operate as before without impacting efficiency. On top of this, have a SEPARATE instance of the zone with the 'open to all' framework in place. In order to encourage team play and to avoid the lazy factor, make the drops in the free-for-all zones moderately more infrequent and difficult to obtain than the dedicated zones. This will allow for more casual players to enjoy Dynamis at their leisure, but not invalidate the efforts of the more dedicated player bases.

Also, in order to allow both player bases the same opportunities, allow the players on dedicated zones to play in the open zones 24 hours from their previous entry regardless the instance of the prior event.

Just my suggestion. I figure that would make things enjoyable for all. Sorry for the length.
    (0)
    ~The key to immortality is to not die~

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The whole thing that has made Dynamis my favorite event in the game is that you go in with a group of friends
    It wasn't really the design of the event that made the event popular, it was the good rewards for doing it. That's not to say that Dynamis was bad, but it had some issues, like scheduling problems, that often caused conflict between groups, which is the main reason for these changes. Making the Relic armor more accessible so that it can be a go-between between artifact and empyrean may have also played a role.

Now, I did like the fixed nature of Dynamis, where it took learning and planning to master it that went above and beyond small battlefields with a couple monsters. I will somewhat miss that, but at the same time, Many of us have beaten the crap out of the fixed Dynamis setups and I do think it will be an interesting change to have things all moved around. As others have said, doing the same 4 hour event over and over eventually became more of a chore than fun, even with the promise of a reward (though fun moments still occurred now in then with massive links and spectacular wipes )
    (0)

Character
    Antonioklaus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like the idea of being able to go every 24 hours. I don't think I like the idea of it being like Walk of Echos. I hate that anyone can enter WoE. Totally messed up our run the other day. Not to mention if we are farming the -10 cure cast time neck for our whms, then anyone can come in and get it. Right now it's like 1.7m on our server. Kinda stinks that way. This will kill getting currency for relics (if you do that). Anyone can come in and lot whatever they want. That stinks.
    (0)

Character
    Ragmar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So the fair version of dynamis was where one person or a small group of people within a shell reap far greater rewards than others for the same amount of time/effort invested? The faulty system is the one where all have an equal oppertunity to reap the same rewards? Don't get me wrong WoE style would have been fail but as I read the changes to be made, only NM monopolization is even a concern. Not that you didn't have zone monopolization before.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ragmar; 03-10-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Character
    Varistor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonioklaus View Post
    I like the idea of being able to go every 24 hours. I don't think I like the idea of it being like Walk of Echos. I hate that anyone can enter WoE. Totally messed up our run the other day. Not to mention if we are farming the -10 cure cast time neck for our whms, then anyone can come in and get it. Right now it's like 1.7m on our server. Kinda stinks that way. This will kill getting currency for relics (if you do that). Anyone can come in and lot whatever they want. That stinks.

Dev team member said a couple pages back that it is NOT open pool like WOE, so all the WOE comparisons can die now.
    (0)
    90 DNC BLM DRK WAR
    Rank 10: Windurst - Alexander Server
    Married to Auronjr IRL
    Mule: Chickenmanroy with 97.2 Smithing 60 Alchemy

Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone said anything about what will happen if you have a glass at the time of the update? Should I use the glass that I have, or will I be able to trade it for key items etc ?
    (0)

Character
    Kaht
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I would like to share the way my dynamis shell does dynamis and the way we handle currency. Our shell has been around for some 6+ years in 1 form or another, we have completed 4 relics and our 5th is almost completed.

Currently, 1 person pays for the glass and collects all the currency for relic upgrade. The rest of the people that are there are either there to help the funder, or there to lot af2. The funder is one that has been in the group for a while and has put in the work with the shell and has the ability to fund constantly.

... <bunch of other nonsense about how a sponsor should keep all the currency> ...

2) Think of the reasoning the players have used for the funding. If 1 person buys the hourglass for entry, they should get all the currency from the zone as without the hourglass none of us could enter. If everyone has to get a key item that is only obtained once, this affects how the current way that currency is handled. To equally split currency among all that participate it would take 936 days(2.56 years) to complete all 18 relics, if we use the 52 days to complete a relic(52 * 18 = 936). That is 936 days of constant dynamis, which I highly doubt all 18 would do.
    This whole post reminds me of that South Park episode where they showed Lars Ulrich sitting by his pool with a sad look on his face. Because of people downloading Metallica songs off napster, Lars couldn't afford to line his pool with gold that month - instead he had to wait till next month.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DEV1000
    # Along with the reduction of the entry time restriction, the amount of Ancient Currency earned per session will be lowered. Overall, this change should increase the Ancient Currency distributed across the World.
    I don't really know if everyone realize that after update:
    # You will need to invest more time to get relic weapon.
    # You have to deal with competition more then ever for relic weapon.
    # The charge going to be once per day for every player that attend dynamis run (like limbus).
    # Every linkshell (Example on fenrir for Wed/Sun 8pm est, is 4 linkshell before merge) that will need to fight for the 4 zone left [CoP].

You can for sure expect currency to jump skyrocket, because:
    # Everyone going to feel 'Hey i worked hard for what i got' and it cost me something.
    # Everyone going to dream again they can obtain relic. Making the Demand >> Offer.

Idk why ppl seem to forget they experience with ffxi in general, Limbus have same system for the cost, but is still close zone, now add competition into it and you obtain dynamis V2. I can already see a tons of people ready to join this new event, not because they really wan the LOL-GEAR from dynamis (i think that been say just too many time in this thread) But more to try get a gil reward out of it. For who that actually making a relic with the OLD system, trust me they all not happy about this change.

The change from base is 1x per day instead 1x per 3 day, is 3x more, but do not forget the fact that SE said: 'the amount of Ancient Currency earned per session will be lowered'. Can be sure at the moment 10,000+ player are back dreaming they will get relic, but i have a bad news, the offers still not that high to get that many relic, so yes, you can see the price skyrocket for sure, or we might see everyone just say: F@c# that $h*t when they see the dream still remain not possible after tasting the bot claiming (HNM Ref), the major LS monopolizing every best camp (like we see in abyssea). And in the end who really going to be happy about all this? Trust me, not Mr. everyone, still going to be the most organized LS including RMT.

# Obviously, keep in mind been long time enough that HNM ls or RMT have multi-Mule / Character, be ready to see them fully monopolize this. Also keep in mind for those kind of LS, is just too easy with abyssea to create a MULE every day to lv90, making them able to just rotate they mule and stay inside dynamis Day long. So what about everyone again? oh yes, another false dream.

Another point of view, is not much possible for normal human to stay awake 24/24 7/7, but for RMT with organization is fully possible to be there 24/24, so that might of course reward them a tons of currency. Everyone get your paypal ready, might be soon possible to buy relic for only 1,000$ instead 3,000$. Seriously i hope SE drop this idea, i can't really see anything positive into it.

Do the math yourself if you think i am wrong, once per 72h for 4h event mean 72h/4 = 18 mule x 12 player (216 lv90) but 24h/4 = 6 * 12 = 72 lv90 needed to fully monopolize the new system. Its an open event so be ready to accept them into it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilax View Post

But no matter my way or your way, we still derail about the subject, making 'open zone' wont help any of us.
    There are times I openly question the motives of Square-Enix regarding player conduct and all.

They can say what they want, but this whole "relic" situation (and I finally am looking in, with some seriousness, to working toward that direction, should Square-Enix' MMO division last that long!) sounds ugly.

I remember, before Campaign actually added currency to the situation, currency being 5/10 (5K for Bynes, 10K for the other two). Now, I'm lucky if it's not 7/14. Given what some of these idiots are going to do, what are we looking at? 10/20? WORSE??? (Especially because the Devs have now said that the amount of currency per run is going to drop)

And as for Camate's stating that monster claim and item drops will work the same as regular areas, that's nice -- problem is you're going to have a gazillion people running around trying to outclaim each other -- that's bot city, in case you people who haven't nearly dealt with this problem on an organizational level at Square-Enix don't get it...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    problem is you're going to have a gazillion people running around trying to outclaim each other -- that's bot city
    Just like Abyssea is bot city right now.

Oh wait...
    (0)

Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast