Thread: SE token

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

SE token

How do i go about getting a replacement token for my account?

I think mine is about to fail. Its becoming harder and harder to turn it on. I have to press the button harder and harder every time in order to get it to turn on. Its at the point now where i have to use full thumb force, and usually multiple times, jsut to get it to turn on. So i fear soon... it simply wont.

So how do i deal with getting a replacement?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post

I think mine is about to fail. Its becoming harder and harder to turn it on. I have to press the button harder and harder every time in order to get it to turn on. Its at the point now where i have to use full thumb force, and usually multiple times, jsut to get it to turn on. So i fear soon... it simply wont.

Last I checked, they are no longer selling the hardware dongle. Your best option is to replace it with the software token.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Mine is still going strong. Anyway, I hear there is a software (mobile) app that does the same job now.
    (0)

Player
    If you are not using it for the actual security purpose, and only keep it for the Mog Satchel, if you remove it with the Emergency Removal Password, then you will no longer need to enter the OTP and still retain access to Mog Satchel for your account.

If you are actually using it for the extra layer of security, then I suggest you do the above, and then switch to the software token app instead.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Last I checked, they are no longer selling the hardware dongle. Your best option is to replace it with the software token.
    well thats certainly not good.. and kinda backwards logic to me...

but anyway, how do you get and replace it with a mobile thinggie?
    (0)

Player
    well thats certainly not good.. and kinda backwards logic to me...

but anyway, how do you get and replace it with a mobile thinggie?
    If they stopped manufacturing the hardware version, pushing for users to move to the software version makes sense to me.

Remove the current one you have attached to your account, in your account management page. Then follow the links/instructions to install/activate the mobile app. I don't remember it being very complicated to setup at all and was quite reliable as far as I could tell. Most issues that get reported are due to phone updates breaking the app or people losing their phone, and forgetting their Emergency Removal Password (which is intended for that type of problem.)
    (0)