Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

[dev1000] Dynamis Reborn!

Remember the days Gil Farms would not buy expansions because they were too expensive. Now they can buy expansions and abyssea for 10-20 bucks for the lot.
    now they can create level 90 jobs in just a day.

I have a feeling that they will come back in force with this update and farm Dynamis to the point where they will control the currency market as they did with the crafting markets for a few years.

I understand that FFXI is taking a more "WoW" approach to appeal to the teens with A.D.D who need everything quickly and with ease, but being able to not hit that lump like paying 500k per dynamis will allow Gil Farms to jump on a bandwagon and ease on in.

I'm on a server now where you can see new players buying gil left and right. People who you know just registered in the game and already buying items that are in the hundreds of thousands. It's nice that the game has cut the throat of a lot of gil farms and made gil pretty useless at some point, but i just have a bad feeling about taking the speed bump out of Dynamis events.

just an opinion,

[SIZE="5"]added community rep response on 03/09/2011[/SIZE]

found at Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to shed some light on a correction we made to the original post:
    • Monster claim and item drops will work the same way as in regular fields and dungeons.
    Sorry for the earlier confusion and I hope this clears things up!

[dev1000] Dynamis Reborn!

Adjustments:

Reservations will no longer be required to enter the above areas.
    New key items will replace the "Timeless Hourglass" and "Perpetual Hourglass" items needed for entry.

The key items need only be obtained once.
    It will be made available at an affordable price via the Goblin NPCs presently dealing in hourglasses.

Time restriction for entry will be changed to once per Earth day.
    Trigger items will be introduced as a new spawn condition for certain notorious monsters (NMs).
    Monster distribution will receive drastic revisions.
    Monsters will yield experience points (excluding certain NMs).

(0)
    Last edited by Yopop; 03-10-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added community rep response

Player
    it will either lower the currency cost extremely or skyrocket them.
    "everyburrdy gets a relic"
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

RMT don't really care enough about this game anymore to cause the damage you've described.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

RMT don't really care enough about this game anymore to cause the damage you've described.
    Considering the present state of both of Square-Enix' MMO's, are you particularly surprised at this development?

As for the adjustments, I get the feeling that this is really going to screw up Dynamis for legitimate players.
    (0)

Character
    Specie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have invested many years into dynamis and value my time spend with my ls and to find out that anyone can just walk in now and lot anything? Has all my time been for nothing?
    (2)

Character
    Cati
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Specie View Post
    I have invested many years into dynamis and value my time spend with my ls and to find out that anyone can just walk in now and lot anything? Has all my time been for nothing?
    If you think about, it's more of the 'first kid on the block to have the new toy...' -- Rank 10 used to mean something back when the game first came out. Some philosophy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aangeliceus; 03-08-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Aangeliceus & Cati - Valefor

Player
    Please tell me, upon rereading, that this is not going to go like what I am beginning to fear it will. We might as well just make the mobs soloable and let the players run roughshod like it were Abyssea.

Please it let not be this way.
    (0)

Character
    Specie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aangeliceus View Post
    If you think about, it's more of the 'first kid on the block to have the new toy...' -- Rank 10 used to mean something back when the game first came out. Some philosophy.
    I still have things to get from dynamis and much upgrading to do with -1's are all dynamis ls going to be broken now?
    (0)

Character
    Cati
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 86
    I still have things to get from dynamis and much upgrading to do with -1's are all dynamis ls going to be broken now?
    Me too actually. The cost and time change will actually help me greatly since my playtime is really limited and I actually still enjoy logging in and getting something done from time to time. I actually hope I can find another linkshell that runs on my hours, to get Dynamis stuff done with.
    (0)
    Aangeliceus & Cati - Valefor

Player
    just incase:
    mobs will yield exp. everytime mobs yield exp you have a group or alliance loot that noone outside your grourp/alliance can access.

only bad thing i can think about yet:
    some linkshells making profit of mercing certain nm's for relic's items of whatever.
    (0)

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast