Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Nah, it still doesn't mean you were spoonfed anything.

Some people may have done their gruntwork on another job or something, who knows. I know I did a lot of the work my 6 non mnk jobs on all mnk and it doesn't mean I'm not good on any of those other 6 jobs.

Edit: Like for my Sam, I'm working on Massamune.

I'm doing all of the work between my war and my mnk. I won't even be on sam again as a job until after Abyssea is over.
    (0)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Or in my cause, I had more then just mnk lvled. I forgot the exact year I started playing FFXI, but it was before WoTG came out. In order to get my mnk gear up to date I lvled thf to help farm the gil I needed. Once WoTG came out, i lvled sch to be more then just a TH whore. Not everyone just lvls one job.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Denabond View Post
    Or in my cause, I had more then just mnk lvled. I forgot the exact year I started playing FFXI, but it was before WoTG came out. In order to get my mnk gear up to date I lvled thf to help farm the gil I needed. Once WoTG came out, i lvled sch to be more then just a TH whore. Not everyone just lvls one job.
    Nope your right there, but If I am leveling a job, I tend to get everything I need for it, while doing the actual job. I guess I'm just an old generation gamer.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    Nope your right there, but If I am leveling a job, I tend to get everything I need for it, while doing the actual job. I guess I'm just an old generation gamer.
    but your original statement was you basing a persons monk performance on having low guard skill which if you ask majority of mnks will tell you it aint all that and definitely dont make the monk
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    but your original statement was you basing a persons monk performance on having low guard skill which if you ask majority of mnks will tell you it aint all that and definitely dont make the monk
    But thats because I rate my ability, on my skills and accomplishments. If I'm out their leveling a new job, and it needs gear, I don't go changing job just to get it, whats the point? I'd be wasting opportunity to get some skill+ exp and a little bit of experience on how to actually play the job. It's what makes the majority of players different to people who play a job to jump on the bandwagon.

If the rest of you don't, thats fine with me, it just means I'm more thorough in the way I play. It more than likely takes me twice as long to get a job to a high level, but thats how I've always played, it's made me the player I am, and probably the reason why I spend 80% of my time helping people out instead of doing what I planned, because people want me to go mash things to pieces.

I might be blowing my own trumpet here, but I don't care. You wanna be a good player on a job, you have to play it, you have to practice with it, and you will eventually succeed where you've failed, and for that reason you'll become a better player.

So in relation to the low guard skill and going out to get gear, well, I got my guard skill from getting out there and playing the job, learning what I needed to be better, and how to improve my playing style. So if your guard skill is anything to go by, it tells you how much you have practiced the job, how much you've learnt, and how good you probably are.

I don't care if I'm right or wrong because you all have wars and drg's that you used, but seriously, no 2 jobs play the same way, so when it's all said and done, practice is practice.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Player
    again, if you proud yourself on having capped guard and all that grats. I will agree having capped guard takes time and effort to get, but again your original post was rating a monk a bad monk cause his guard skill was not capped. So thats like saying any job that can parry if their skill aint capped they are a bad nin,sam,thf, <insert jobs with high parry skill>, etc.

That is the point we are trying to make here.

Now if we would have been talking warrior here and you said this guy was a bad war because he didnt have his weapons capped i would see your point, but then again i would ask "well are his weapons high enough to get red procs in abyssea" and if they were then it wouldnt be a big deal to me. Now if you then said his GAxe skill was way under capped then yeah we could have a problem, but then again maybe he's a warrior who likes to dual wield axes, well it's not my choice of weapon on war but he, he is he and i am me.
    (0)

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I really don't get all these "hand me free gears please SE" threads. MNKs have been getting black belts for years, it is a reward for putting time and effort into achieving it. Just because a ton of people decided to leech their mnks to 90 in abyssea doesnt mean SE should change what it takes to get a superior piece outside of abyssea.
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Henihhi View Post
    I really don't get all these "hand me free gears please SE" threads. MNKs have been getting black belts for years, it is a reward for putting time and effort into achieving it. Just because a ton of people decided to leech their mnks to 90 in abyssea doesnt mean SE should change what it takes to get a superior piece outside of abyssea.
    cheers! Its like the debate in the bst forum over someone wanting jugs and pet food to be buyable from an NPC since on his server the crafters dont keep the ah stocked with what he wants.

I want a hachiryu body from PW, SE make this so i can buy it from the NPC cause its not fair i can't get anyone to go fight PW or build a PW pop set for that even!!!

FFXI is so unfair i swear!
    (0)

Player
    his guard isn't capped, look at his sig, it's only 207.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Nah, it still doesn't mean you were spoonfed anything.

Some people may have done their gruntwork on another job or something, who knows. I know I did a lot of the work my 6 non mnk jobs on all mnk and it doesn't mean I'm not good on any of those other 6 jobs.

Edit: Like for my Sam, I'm working on Massamune.

I'm doing all of the work between my war and my mnk. I won't even be on sam again as a job until after Abyssea is over.
    This. I just finished my Farsha stage 1 and I did all of my work not on my war or bst but on either my WHM or THF to get my 50 Fistule Discharges.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast