Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You know VW has one strange side effect on the community, comradery. Who hasn't stood around with a alliance, bitching about the millionth Mantis eye or petrified log. Or hasn't seen the same shout by the same guy for 4 to 5 weeks. I'll tell you what. That guy party's rarely fail....... and they always go so smooth. But that's just my personal experience.
    (6)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 09-21-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    Then can you take PLD to Nyzul? What about RNG without Gandiva? What about SCH without an Embrava setup? What about RDM without...hmm...okay I got nothin'. What about RDM with everything?

Addendum (pun semi-intended): Do I think it's possible to take these jobs with the aforementioned setups in? Yes. Do I think that parties for Nyzul Uncharted will be flexible enough to let me in with these jobs? No.
    Not having a Nyzul job leveled/geared doesn't make the event only clearable with "elite" and "best players". It's completely player's choice to choose what job to level, if someone choose to bring BRD RDM PLD etc to Nyzul, it's your choice and your monthly fee, but you suffer from the consequence of your choice. It's as simple as that.

Needing embrava set/empy etc for DD doesn't make the event for elite/best players only also. You also need an empy DD/embrava set for VW, unless you want to leech a spot and let your pt member do more work(in that case, someone else in ally still has to do enough dmg too). Majority of VW pt also doesn't take jobs like BST and so on, so can I argue that VW pt has to flexibility? Should I argue that RDM isn't needed in VW, SCH with 300 enhancing isn't wanted in VW, my DD without empy is useless in VW because I parsed 0.5% in ally, thus VW doesn't have flexible setup because an ally can't kill VW with a pt of perle DD with axe skill level 200 and no merit WS/relic/empy etc?

That doesn't work, needing appropriate job/gear to do the event doesn't make the event elite/for best players only. FFXI been needing appropriate job/gear since launch, when certain jobs don't get invite to EXP pt, players without SJ doesn't get invite, and players doesn't skill up doesn't get invite either. If an event needs appropriate job/gear, then lv appropriate job and work on appropriate gears, or find a way to clear with none-appropriate job/gear, or deal with it and give up.
    (3)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Abyssea.
    Never understand what's up with all that Abyssea obsession, Abyssea is one of my least fav content due to how it works, and whenever I said I hate Abyssea I'm being labelled as elitist right away ;<
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    You know VW has one strange side effect on the community, comradery. Who hasn't stood around with a alliance, bitching about the millionth Mantis eye or petrified log. Or hasn't seen the same shout by the same guy for the 4 to 5 week. I'll tell you what. That guy party's rarely fail....... and they always go so smooth. But that's just my personal experience.
    /em pounds his fist on the table and nods.
    (1)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Never understand what's up with all that Abyssea obsession, Abyssea is one of my least fav content due to how it works, and whenever I said I hate Abyssea I'm being labelled as elitist right away ;<
    That's not elitism.

related:

on topic:
    Make petrifacts drop in log slots only and so many of these drop rates will improve.
    Fat chance on it, this is SE.
    (0)
    Last edited by Plasticleg; 09-20-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Abyssea rewarded you at a really good rate.. I don't personally like it, but I'd be a fool to try to deny otherwise.
    (4)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    O.o. its because every one checks the pearl sam/drk/war...etc... When they show up, and promptly kick them, and start making jokes about them in /l.
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    My main issues with VW are the amount of people required, the crappy drop rates, and the fact it will likely be outshined by other content.
    For example, if I get the body from Akvan, it's not likely I'll do much Akvan anymore unless I go for generic VW drops, which isn't much. Eventually, even with abysmal drop rates, people who want X item will get it. Less and less people will participate in battles against that NM, and unlike Abyssea where the content was low-mannable with decent players, you'd have a hard time with most of the worthwhile VWNMs without at least 12.

Either way, I always fear that I won't get everything I need from VW before other content becomes more "now".
    (9)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

My thoughts are I enjoy the content, organizing city clears and parties, battling through all those clears, overcoming challenges along the way, and a bit of a story line all makes for good times.

The bad times come when after that is done, you go fight (for ex.) Qilin 2348972345789345 times with capped lights and get 15 sets of boots, 30 gorgets and not the dagger you actually want.
    (1)

Player
    I like this thread. No offense but I mean it shows what I think SE thinks of VW, and how they view it. Admittedly a good event on most bases but the massive problem with rewards is what makes it hated among most of the players who do it. If it were made with a reward ratio that made it take 20~50 fights for the best piece of gear and you could get the rest along the way, it would be a different story. In otherwords, VW is not by any means a bad event. It is a good event plagued with bad drops, which makes the event annoying, frustrating, and often unrewarding, leaving it in a bad way with the players.
    (6)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast