Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Level Synced Equipment

So the other day I was on BRD going to do the ENM Bionic Bug in Mine Shaft #2716. It's still 75 cap, so I sent over a lot of my old 75 equipment that I saved on another character. When I entered, I casted Mage's Ballad II on myself, the instrument I was using was my Gjallarhorn, and it's currently upgraded past level 75. I noticed I was only recovering 2 MP at a time, it made me a little confused that it wasn't already implemented to scale down Gjallarhorn to its former level 75 stats, to give me the benefit of All Songs +2 (ultimately giving Mage's Ballad II 4 MP per tic). I really don't want to invest in/send over my old level 75 instruments for occasions like this, when I've already put in the work for Gjallarhorn, I should be able to gain the benefits from it.

This also made me question if other benefits are taken away when scaled down to 75. For instance, if one is using a level 99 Aegis, do they not receive the full Magic Damage Taken -25%, or the Shield Bash augmentation that is granted by a level 75 Aegis? Do they also not receive the hidden effect of a size 3 shield block rate(50%), despite it being a size 5 shield? Or, if someone is using an Item Level 119 Mandau, are they unable to use Mercy Stroke? Are they not receiving benefits that would otherwise be granted by a Level 75 Mandau? Say, a Mythic weapon too, if I have Item Level 119 Liberator and am capped at 75, do I miss out on Aftermath from Insurgency, or any other benefits of the weapon?

Weapons could not be the only case here as well. This part is just speculation as I haven't been capped at 75 since I did Bionic Bug, so I am just assuming I'm right here given my recent experience. Take for example, reforged relic and artifact armor. Let's say I'm a RDM, I'm doing something capped at level 60, and I have an Atrophy Chapeau. If I have it equipped, am I unable to benefit from the Fast Cast equivalent to that of a Warlock's Chapeau? If I'm using Vitivation Tights for a level 75 capped event, do I miss out on the bonus to Spikes spells from Duelist's Tights? If I don't, maybe have it scale down to that. Or, maybe have the Atrophy Chapeau just scale down to a Warlock's Chapeau +1 if this is the case, as the game probably doesn't know which version you turned in, and if you upgraded a Warlock's Chapeau +1 you should still be able to benefit from it, regardless of which version of the Atrophy Chapeau you have.

Of course, you could go and obtain all of these again and store them, which sounds like a pain and seems unnecessary when you've already done it once.

ENMs aren't the only case of level 75 cap occasions, I know of several people who love to level sync to 75 and do old events for fun, such as a run at the gods in Ru'Aun Gardens. And also, as mentioned earlier, 75 cap isn't the only situation, as Artifact armor should also apply for things capped at level 60 too, such as certain BCNMs and other ENMs, and so Reforged Artifact should give full former Artifact benefits there as well if this isn't already the case.

I would appreciate it if something could be done about this, to make things such as these scale to 75 and below as accurately as possible. Thanks!
    (3)
    Last edited by Dekoda; 05-18-2014 at 05:38 AM.
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekoda View Post
    So the other day I was on BRD going to do the ENM Bionic Bug in Mine Shaft #2716. It's still 75 cap, so I sent over a lot of my old 75 equipment that I saved on another character. When I entered, I casted Mage's Ballad II on myself, the instrument I was using was my Gjallarhorn, and it's currently upgraded past level 75. I noticed I was only recovering 2 MP at a time, it made me a little confused that it wasn't already implemented to scale down Gjallarhorn to its former level 75 stats, to give me the benefit of All Songs +2 (ultimately giving Mage's Ballad II 4 MP per tic). I really don't want to invest in/send over my old level 75 instruments for occasions like this, when I've already put in the work for Gjallarhorn, I should be able to gain the benefits from it.

This also made me question if other benefits are taken away when scaled down to 75. For instance, if one is using a level 99 Aegis, do they not receive the full Magic Damage Taken -25%, or the Shield Bash augmentation that is granted by a level 75 Aegis? Do they also not receive the hidden effect of a size 3 shield block rate(50%), despite it being a size 5 shield? Or, if someone is using an Item Level 119 Mandau, are they unable to use Mercy Stroke? Are they not receiving benefits that would otherwise be granted by a Level 75 Mandau? Say, a Mythic weapon too, if I have Item Level 119 Liberator and am capped at 75, do I miss out on Aftermath from Insurgency, or any other benefits of the weapon?

Weapons could not be the only case here as well. This part is just speculation as I haven't been capped at 75 since I did Bionic Bug, so I am just assuming I'm right here given my recent experience. Take for example, reforged relic and artifact armor. Let's say I'm a RDM, I'm doing something capped at level 60, and I have an Atrophy Chapeau. If I have it equipped, am I unable to benefit from the Fast Cast equivalent to that of a Warlock's Chapeau? If I'm using Vitivation Tights for a level 75 capped event, do I miss out on the bonus to Spikes spells from Duelist's Tights? If I don't, maybe have it scale down to that. Or, maybe have the Atrophy Chapeau just scale down to a Warlock's Chapeau +1 if this is the case, as the game probably doesn't know which version you turned in, and if you upgraded a Warlock's Chapeau +1 you should still be able to benefit from it, regardless of which version of the Atrophy Chapeau you have.

Of course, you could go and obtain all of these again and store them, which sounds like a pain and seems unnecessary when you've already done it once.

ENMs aren't the only case of level 75 cap occasions, I know of several people who love to level sync to 75 and do old events for fun, such as a run at the gods in Ru'Aun Gardens. And also, as mentioned earlier, 75 cap isn't the only situation, as Artifact armor should also apply for things capped at level 60 too, such as certain BCNMs and other ENMs, and so Reforged Artifact should give full former Artifact benefits there as well if this isn't already the case.

I would appreciate it if something could be done about this, to make things such as these scale to 75 and below as accurately as possible. Thanks!
    Level sync is just that, it syncs your lvl down withotu regards to unique stuff on gear and frankly what you want would require a huge amount of work and not even sure if it would work. the easier way would be to uncap ENM
    (1)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Level sync is just that, it syncs your lvl down withotu regards to unique stuff on gear and frankly what you want would require a huge amount of work and not even sure if it would work. the easier way would be to uncap ENM
    Just make it function differently under Level Sync. Other pieces don't do absolutely nothing under Level Sync, I even equipped a Torero Torque during the ENM and did /checkparam <me> and it still provides a small Evasion boost (somewhere around +4 if I remember correctly). Uncapping the ENM would be really disappointing, while they're at that they may as well uncap every other BC. People keep capped gear in their MH for other capped fights as well (Under Observation is a good example). A RDM doing Up In Arms (level 60) with Atrophy gear probably feels similarly to I do in the sense they can't use their AF gear.
    (0)
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

That's because common stats scale(str, eva, acc, etc), but most specialized stats (double attack, haste, OAX/ODD etc.) do not.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    So they should just do the same thing with those stats. Is there any downside to my proposed suggestion?
    (0)
    Support this thread!

Probably takes too much work. The base stats can be automatically scaled, while they probably have to do things manually for a lot of the other stats. That's an extreme amount of gear to go through.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It's a bit, I wouldn't say an "extreme amount," though. 236 pieces, I believe (100 pieces of reforged AF, 100 pieces of reforged relics, 20 Mythic weapons, 16 Relic weapons.) If you count each variation, however, there's 688 (two different reforged AFs is 200, two different reforged relics is 200, levels 80/85/90/95/99/99 Afterglow/119/119 Afterglow for each Mythic/Relic weapon is 288 total between the two.) That's a lot, but I'd assume once they scale one that it wouldn't be that difficult to scale the other variation(s). It probably would have been a lot easier to do this if they had just tacked it on as they made these higher level versions when they were in development before releasing them.

I'm not asking them to devote all their resources to it, but progressive fixes to this to ensure they function correctly would be awesome.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekoda; 05-20-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    Support this thread!

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It would be nice if relic weapons and the like at least reverted to the level 75 version for capped things.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekoda View Post
    Just make it function differently under Level Sync. Other pieces don't do absolutely nothing under Level Sync, I even equipped a Torero Torque during the ENM and did /checkparam <me> and it still provides a small Evasion boost (somewhere around +4 if I remember correctly). Uncapping the ENM would be really disappointing, while they're at that they may as well uncap every other BC. People keep capped gear in their MH for other capped fights as well (Under Observation is a good example). A RDM doing Up In Arms (level 60) with Atrophy gear probably feels similarly to I do in the sense they can't use their AF gear.
    As was said by others, it would be easier for them to uncap it than create special level sync rules for specific items.
    (1)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    "Easier" isn't a better solution for having the game function correctly. At the least, having Relic/Mythic weapons function correctly below level 75 sync would be great. Upgraded AF/Relic/Salvage gear is another thing since there is a lot of it, and you can refarm the older versions for capped occasions...but as I stated earlier, if I already put in effort to get it once, it doesn't make any sense as to why I should do it again. You can't re-obtain R/M weapons though.
    (0)
    Support this thread!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast