Page 41 of 297 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Simply having the confirmation window should be enough.

Do you want to do this? >> Yes!

Where do we stop to prevent stupid people from being stupid?

Do you want to do this? >> Yes! >> Are you sure? >> Yes! >> Really sure? >> Yes FFS!
    Agree... everything seems to cater to the stupid people. Most of the responses from community team on here are basically cut and paste "we can't do X because what if person Y chooses it by mistake". FFS, when do people have to learn to stop and read before spamming the button?
    (0)

Player
    So you want people to stop and read what the answer is, but you want it default to yes because you don't want to stop and select yes? It takes exactly as much time either way, but your way everyone's going to waste a ton of points on stuff they unintentionally said yes to.
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    but your way everyone's going to waste a ton of points on stuff they unintentionally said yes to.
    Why are you talking to the NPC if you don't need to use the points? If you don't know what the NPC does, then you should be reading it. The wish for it to default to yes is because for most of these systems, we have to do it over, and over, and over... How many times will it take for someone to learn if they unintentionally (IE, spammed) used their points? Typically speaking, we have to click yes farrrr more often than no.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    So you want people to stop and read what the answer is, but you want it default to yes because you don't want to stop and select yes? It takes exactly as much time either way, but your way everyone's going to waste a ton of points on stuff they unintentionally said yes to.
    Yes, I want people to read the text... at least once, so they know what the NPC is offering. After that, they will know whether it's something they want or not.

I'll give you an example. I have 100k+ conquest points, and really nothing to spend them on, so I make liberal use of warp/reraise scrolls. Every time I go to purchase one from the gate guard, I have to navigate the text to get to the point where I want to purchase the scroll (for a lousy 10 points btw) but then it defaults to "no", so I have to move the cursor to "yes" and select it. With the lag in port jeuno, it's just extra frustration, and time, and a chance for ME to mess up, and choose no by accident, forcing me to do it again. I play the game and understand the NPC's and their offerings from reading the same text over and over since 2004. Why should SE cater to the new person who just wants 99 and elite gear nao?

This IS the quality of life thread isn't it? This change would improve the quality of the game for me, which is why I suggested it. Although at this point, I'm so used to mindlessly changing to yes, if they changed it, I'd probably be mindlessly be changing to no for several months before I got used to it lol.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Why are you doing this in a zone you know is laggy? That and there are that many people afking near the exit on your server?
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's not a tough concept to grasp. Port Jeuno is my preferred home point, thus, after using a warp scroll, I pick up a new one right away where I spawn. This task gets repeated between 1-10 times per play session depending on what I'm doing, and I'm simply stating it's annoying to have to navigate the menus the way they are now. The shadow reign retrace scroll vendor is even worse, but I use that one far less frequently.
    (3)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yet you can easily just use a HP crystal to go somewhere else that is less lag heavy and still pick up the warp scrolls. Though why you are needing 10 warp scrolls every time you log in is beyond me and you are probably making things harder on your self by being so dependant on them. I wouldn't mind it if some of the yes/no we're set to yes. Like the do you want to leave the staging point ones. Or the ones that actually do have a double confirm where the first one probably could default to yes.

Unfortunately SE has said no because of the people who tend to just spam the enter button. Though I kind of feel they're afraid that part of the game will just explode Michael Bay style if they allowed this and they just don't want us to know about it.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just some insight from my past exp.'s with the game & how it played out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    It's not a tough concept to grasp. Port Jeuno is my preferred home point, thus, after using a warp scroll, I pick up a new one right away where I spawn. This task gets repeated between 1-10 times per play session depending on what I'm doing, and I'm simply stating it's annoying to have to navigate the menus the way they are now. The shadow reign retrace scroll vendor is even worse, but I use that one far less frequently.

Yes, I want people to read the text... at least once, so they know what the NPC is offering. After that, they will know whether it's something they want or not.

I'll give you an example. I have 100k+ conquest points, and really nothing to spend them on, so I make liberal use of warp/reraise scrolls. Every time I go to purchase one from the gate guard, I have to navigate the text to get to the point where I want to purchase the scroll (for a lousy 10 points btw) but then it defaults to "no", so I have to move the cursor to "yes" and select it. With the lag in port jeuno, it's just extra frustration, and time, and a chance for ME to mess up, and choose no by accident, forcing me to do it again. I play the game and understand the NPC's and their offerings from reading the same text over and over since 2004. Why should SE cater to the new person who just wants 99 and elite gear nao?

This IS the quality of life thread isn't it? This change would improve the quality of the game for me, which is why I suggested it. Although at this point, I'm so used to mindlessly changing to yes, if they changed it, I'd probably be mindlessly be changing to no for several months before I got used to it lol.
    My only questions for you are What type of system you playing on that is causing so much lag to play the game of FFXI? What is your internet connection like, what the speed your getting from your service provider and what type of connection does the company your getting internet from provide?

I'll give you an example: Back when I played on ps2 with the system being outdated as it was while still playing FFXI on it would lag considerably a lot throughout the many years I've played with the game on my console and then the Hard drive just stopped working after a time and this was the 2nd time I had paid 100 bucks for the whole game ffxi pact simply because I couldn't find the Hard drive sold separately from the included all in one game pack and it was the only way you could get the hard drive at the time for that console and I probably bought the game four times not including the expansion pacts and add-ons. twice for ps2 thus $200.00, once for a desktop for 5 buck's limited time offer by Steam and pretty much stopped working after a few months then the ps2's 2nd Hard Drive went out and took probably a good 2 to 3 years break, maybe less after that happen while in the middle of playing ffxi both times. Now I returned back with a new alienware laptop system in 2013 and installed seekers all in one addition from SE shop site which was another repurchase of the game.

well getting way off topic but getting back to what we were discussing was that the lag your having trouble with while playing ffxi besides it adding to the additional frustration of being able to move the selection buttons easily without a fault among other things im sure your not mentioning your lag is causing troubles with while playing the game since this is part of the experience I used to have playing on a console system or a pc that was obviously wasn't working well enough to play ffxi on, Granted sometimes its the FFXI servers are at the faults for it to happen. When I switched to my laptop to come back to the game, must of been about jan/feb 2014 I noticed I didn't have the same problems of the lag like i did on ps2 and boy would it lag when I played on the console system that was unbearable.

I actually like the option no system put in place now but even I at times wanna make it to be layzier easy selectable by wishing it was set to yes, its just that when they used to have the system in place that was automatically yes once at the time, SE had gotten a ton of complaints thrown at em which is what recall for there reason to make full fail proof. Like for instance I recall times i'd read through it and still some how manage to make a wrong selection or id be getting rushed by others to get going and then it would also happen but then i'd be like: Oh. Shoot! or Darn It!! how did I managed to do that after reading it even. Just some insight to why it's in place now and for few years now.
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Use Ru Lude Gardens Mog house as Home Point instead... Then you get 1 of your warp scrolls for free per day from artisan. And then it's free to warp to any other Home Point in Jeuno anyway!
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    /checkparam command
    In the event we were to address every stat in the game for /checkparam it would churn out a very lengthy log message, so we will not be able to address every single one of them. However, the system was made so we could display more stats, so if there are some you feel particularly strong about, please let us know and we can look into adding them.
    Not sure why replies are turned off in the posted thread, but wanted to re-echo the addition of a base +MAcc check. I'm aware you can't go into details through the command due to MAcc varrying on a per skill basis, as well as the Int/Mnd/Chr calculations. However, a base check would go a long ways to help understand..

A) How much +MAcc one needs to reliably enfeeble/nuke NMs, similar to how we're now able to say 950+ Acc and you're capped on x NM
    B) The effects of Indi/Geo Focus and Indi/Geo Vex and how detrimental mobs -MAcc effects are
    C) The exact effect +MAcc Skill found on ilvl weapons, as there's been debate if it sways between 1, 0.9, 0.8, etc, or if it is simply an additional form of +MAcc that is 1:1

Thanks~
    (6)
    7/10/14

Page 41 of 297 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast