Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

[dev1114] Job Adjustments: Scholar

Enlightenment

Recast time reduced from ten minutes to five.

Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead grant a bonus to INT and MND
    I think that it should be changed to....

Enlightenment

Additional merit points will add a 25% chance to reset all stratagems.
    or Additional merit points will increase all magic skill by 10 per merit
    (1)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think they should have fixed Modius Veritas instead >.>
    (5)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I suggest either each additional merit adds one extra spell for enlightenment to last under for a total of 5 or completely changing it to a duration of 60 seconds and 30 seconds more for each additional merit for a total of 3 minutes.
    (2)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    I think that it should be changed to....

Enlightenment

Additional merit points will add a 25% chance to reset all stratagems.
    or Additional merit points will increase all magic skill by 10 per merit
    I'll start by throwing your first sugguestion out as overpowered, as with full merits you'll be able to reset all stratagems every 5 min, which coincidentally, take 5 min. to fully reset on their own. Essentially doubles the number of stratagems available.

The second sugguestion is far more reasonable, though difficult to say which would be better between stat and skill (of course, varying depending on numbers and purpose).

I'm perfectly fine with the bonus currently in progress. However, I would prefer that all stratagems be open during the next cast, or maybe restricted to just one stratagem of the other art. This is something that should have always been in place, simply based on the help text: "Optimizes both white and black magic capabilities and allows access to both addenda for your next spell." Optimizing our capabilities certainly does imply the use of stratagems for each art since our stratagems are what optimizes our spells. Currently, Enlightenment is only good for casting addendum spells, and Reraise to be specific.

Similar issue as Tabula Rasa: "Optimizes both white and black magic capabilities while allowing charge-free stratagem use."
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    Always nice to know they read the suggestions posted around this place. Added Stratagem effect for the opposite Arts, recharging Stratagems, lasting for additional spell casts? No, lets give SCH another glorified stats boost merit.
    I guess that works out pretty nicely actually, we have two glorified INT boosts, two magic accuracy stratagems and two -enmity stratagems. It's like we have three merit options and they just pointlessly decided to split them all into two!

Actual, possibly serious, suggestion: Change Enlightenment from "for your next spell" to "Duration: X minutes". If it's going to be nothing more than a glorified stats/skill boost it might as well have a duration. Repeat complaint: If I need one spell from the opposite addenda, I probably need two. Failing that, pick up a dictionary and change the name, Enlightenment doesn't last for a single moment (a surge would, and oddly Stormsurge lasts for 3 minutes).
    And for the hundredth time, Enlightenment needs to optimize both arts like it says it should. What was the bloody point of adding an ability that lets us cast spells from the opposite addenda when you're going to leave the cost/casting penalty in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Duzell View Post
    I think they should have fixed Modius Veritas instead >.>
    Oh wow, someone other than me derailed a thread into Modus bashing, this is new. Relevant.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sotek; 04-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Oh wow, someone other than me derailed a thread into Modus bashing, this is new. Relevant.
    Since i leveled SCH, which ill admit is relitively recently, I have tried Modus on a virety of things, Buffalo in Ulegrand(A), too weak mobs, NMs. And it has only consistantly worked on 1 target, just 1. The rock walls in the Excivation Duty Assult. Granted, it makes killing those walls go almost twice as fast using SCH instead of BLM to DoT them but i didnt go 5/5 Modus to make 1 assult that was already easy 10% easier.
    (1)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    Even under Enlightement, spell cast of oppossing arts still under penalty. In stead of bossting INT and MND how about lower the penalty to boost it same as matching arts?
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm trying to figure out what possible use this enlightenment change would have.

I mean, do they expect you to use it for epeen nukes/cures every 5 minutes?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    Even under Enlightement, spell cast of oppossing arts still under penalty. In stead of bossting INT and MND how about lower the penalty to boost it same as matching arts?
    It should do that anyway. I honestly have no idea why it doesn't, Tabula Rasa manages it, Enlightenment should work exactly the same way in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what possible use this enlightenment change would have.

I mean, do they expect you to use it for epeen nukes/cures every 5 minutes?
    If thats what they meant it to be for, then they should have made it so each merit enhances Stratagems.
    First merit gives you Addendum: White and Black effect as it currently does.
    Second merit gives you -10% MP cost to all white and black magic spells.
    Third merit gives you -10% cast time to all white and black magic spells.
    Fourth merit gives you +10% potency to spells that stack with Rapture and Ebullience.
    Fifth merit gives you a free (no double cost/recast, etc.) AoE effect to any spell that currently stacks with Accession or Manifestation.
    In addition to that, all those effects stack with the Stratagems you have access to, an additional 10% to Penury/Celerity/Raptures effect, for example. In the case of Accession and Manifestation, they could grant AoE to additional spells, namely Haste and nukes.

Better Stratagems every 5 minutes is far more useful and versatile than 20MND/INT every 5 minutes, even if all anyone will use it for is Accession Haste.

Well, its already on the test server now, so the most they'll do now is adjust how much MND/INT it gives. You suck SE, etc. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll increase it to Brew level MND/INT.
    (1)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm honestly not upset about this as much as this is all we are getting an adjustment.
    I mean come on square enix why the hell are we getting the short end of the stick?
    3 spells that are a job specific joke adloquium and the animus.
    2 spells that require two hour. oh thanks because i want to wait 2 hours to do something useful.

at this moment id rather hear us getting another useless spell then see an adjustment, because maybe it'd be something to look forward to.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast