Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i think Amazon was using eather the full install or the ultimate version
    (0)

A lot of people are saying the "Rest" of the download... Does that mean that some of you got the download link for the expansion? I just got 2 Emails with the song downloads on them and when I view my invoice at SE's main website, the 5 songs are there for download but the expansion itself says "processing serial number or unlock code."
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rober View Post
    I migh be wrong but the size of the intalled pack its around 400mb, and ive read the tomorrows update its like 300mb that means around 700-800mb in total.
    Keep in mind that tomorrow's update is for all of FFXI, not just for Adoulin content.

I'm a little lost since amazon (where i got it) says the SoA disc size its 12GB and all what i see its 800mb max.
    Their page says 12 GB, but I think that's a glitch in their system. UCSE downloaded from them was only 5.3 GB (compared to UCAE's 4.3 GB).

Also, I'm now discovering that you'll get an 'update' immediately after installing Adoulin regardless, just as with installing any other expansion pack. This is in spite of the fact that the game server data isn't live yet.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I migh be wrong but the size of the intalled pack its around 400mb, and ive read the tomorrows update its like 300mb that means around 700-800mb in total.
    I'm a little lost since amazon (where i got it) says the SoA disc size its 12GB and all what i see its 800mb max.
    I think they had to give a size to get it excepted by Amazon and were not sure what it would be at the time so they put in a large size to be safe because both the expansion and the full ultimate collection seekers edition say this, it will probably be corrected sometime soon
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Amazon doesn't know what the size of the disc is, they're probably just going off the size of a DVD.

12 GB would be as much as the entire game is with all the downloaded data...
    (0)

Character
    Lightt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Amazon doesn't know what the size of the disc is, they're probably just going off the size of a DVD.

12 GB would be as much as the entire game is with all the downloaded data...
    Yeah i thought the same hehe, atleast amazon was fast with the download and the code
    (0)

Character
    Demonicpagan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    5.3GB size is the full collection
    (0)
    What is there to say? I am me, and no one can change that.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Demonicpagan

Character
    Vizcaya
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawliett View Post
    A lot of people are saying the "Rest" of the download... Does that mean that some of you got the download link for the expansion? I just got 2 Emails with the song downloads on them and when I view my invoice at SE's main website, the 5 songs are there for download but the expansion itself says "processing serial number or unlock code."
    Same happened to me, however, I just got another email that the expansion is now available. I went to the website and the "Download" bottom was there. Guess you have to wait until it's available to you.
    (0)

Character
    Mercator
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I came home from work today, excited to play the expansion. Followed the instructions in the email and installed. Got to the select character screen and got the same message. I reread the instructions on the download page and saw that servers won't be updated until tomorrow.

So, let me get this straight. The launch date is the 26th, but the game isn't playable until the 27th? Sure, it's just a day, but that seems like a lie to me. Just seems like we've got the run-around. What's with the different timing on the music box digital download? All of these separate emails from Digital River, and Square-Enix...all of which went in my spam folder. I feel like someone dropped the ball with this expansion and it's been a headache navigating through forum posts and Google to find answers (there should be a post on the forums to confirm/solidify all of these processes by a community rep.

In all my years of gaming, I've never dealt with a company who is so hard to pay for products. Why is Digital River even involved in any of this?
    (1)
    Mercator - OwMyFace- Quetzalcoatl - BLU/DNC/BST/NIN/SCH/RDM/WHM/BLM/SMN/SAM/DRK/WAR/RUN/PLD/DRG/MNK
    英語と日本語を話せる

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that the message you are seeing pop up is normal because the expansion is not yet live. No need to worry
    (14)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast