Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dayday
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Please, please, PLEASE do something about WoE and Spell Drops!

I have played this game since 2005 and have always stuck loyaly to my BLM and never really ventured into other jobs. I have always tried my best to get the best equipment, cap my skills and keep up to date with my spells.

However with the new spells I am having no luck at all! I have tried my best in WoE to get these spells but it just is not happening. Not to mention that WoE is already dieing out, it is a horrible, tedious and unfun even with a horrible Dificulty:Time:Reward ratio. I have spent hours and hours in it and got nothing in return, except feeling depressed and angry.

Please, please, please change how this works! Either increase the drop rates or better yet, make it like assault! Reward people for thier hard work, let them set thier eyes on a goal they can accomplish, give them points for completing the fluxes and then let them spend points to get the items they need. Right now 1/2 my inventory is filled with Coins that I do not need, whilst others are desperate for them and vica-versa. Plese fix this so I can go back to having fun in this game! RIght now my only choice is to keep doing this horrid even or pay a ridiculos sum of money for what is a basic job ability.
    (7)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They have renamed the game Logs and Ores because those are the only things that drop from the 'new events': WoE and VW.

I've been lucky and gotten Comet and Thunder 5 but still haven't seen Blizzzaja or Temper/other spells for my other jobs.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    They have renamed the game Logs and Ores because those are the only things that drop from the 'new events': WoE and VW.

I've been lucky and gotten Comet and Thunder 5 but still haven't seen Blizzzaja or Temper/other spells for my other jobs.
    I got it from the Turul style WoE when it first came out and gave it to a BLM I knew, only to be told "It's crap" grateful or what?
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    on the 'crap' part, yeah Comet is soooooo lol when compared to all the other spells. But not to be grateful when someone gives you a 2-3mil gil spell (depends on server) is totally uncool. Next time, sell that yourself and show him the screen shot.
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I to have been living in WoE, just to get the Blm spells. I refuse to buy them, the spells are not needed for procs so I'm in no rush to buy them, spending 1.4 to 2 mil a piece. I can almost make a weapon now, I have tons of coins I don't need and not even a hint of a spell. On my server I can only do it from morning to mid afternoon, after that 3 people in area. It appears only the JP's do WoE.
    (0)

Character
    Gukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by lllen View Post
    I to have been living in WoE, just to get the Blm spells. I refuse to buy them, the spells are not needed for procs so I'm in no rush to buy them, spending 1.4 to 2 mil a piece. I can almost make a weapon now, I have tons of coins I don't need and not even a hint of a spell. On my server I can only do it from morning to mid afternoon, after that 3 people in area. It appears only the JP's do WoE.
    Same. It's gotten that bad that you either have to hit it up early in the morning or just forget about it. I've been doing it since they opened the new ones and I got some gear items but never any spells. I wont buy them either, I have relics and mythics to spend money on. They need to address this in either making spells more accessible to obtain or somehow making WoE something that people 'want' to do versus 'need' because needs will eventually be fulfilled and people dont come back.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    these spells do drop from the higher tier VWs. I know people who has gotten a Comet off Qilin the other day (no daggers/boots though).

I usually only do WoE on Sat/Sun morning (EST) which is peak JP time when there are around 100+ JPs in there. Otherwise, weeknights are just a crapshoot and usually just a waste of time to go in and sit and wait for ppl.
    (0)

I forwarded your feedback to the dev. team about adjusting the drop rates for spells in WoE.

They let me know that while it wouldn’t be impossible to adjust the drop rates, this would cause other items drop rates (coins, etc.) to be lowered, so from a balance perspective it would be difficult to do.

Also, the high tier magic scrolls have been set to a somewhat higher difficulty to obtain, and it has not been balanced so that you are guaranteed to learn the spell as soon as you reach the proper level.
    (6)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Coin drop rates are super low anyway and it's rarely the coin you need, so I doubt many people would care considering every BLM wants Comet, but very few people bother with WoE weapons considering how easy making an empyrean is.
    (3)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just keep the Conflux 7 and below battlefields for coins as they are now, and increase the droprate of scrolls in the higher fluxes. People already do 7 instead of others if they want coins over other drops. The drop rates don't have to be ridiculous, but having more than a snowball's chance in hell at seeing the spell drop would be adequate. I don't see the problem in this model.
    (6)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast