Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Zellchaver
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Chocobo Shirt Promo Code

So, with a quick search, I've seen this question pop up with a few other people as well, but always as part of another thread, and it never got an actual answer.

This thread is about one thing and one thing only: the Chocobo Shirt promo code from pre-ordering FFXI Ultimate Seekers Edition.

Now I, like many others here, have done so - and had the code for the Destrier Beret work perfectly, while trying to redeem the Chocobo Shirt returns only "The entered code has expired."

My question here, and I really hope someone from SE can actually answer instead of copy-paste the standard "you'll get your Adoulin code when it's released" response, is this:

Is the Chocobo Shirt promo code simply giving the error "The entered code has expired" because it is not active/usable yet, or is there some glitch in the codes, or what?

I ordered mine directly from Square Enix's online store, received the email right after, and put the code in minutes after receiving the email - same problem.

Hopefully this can be cleared up once and for all...
    (0)

The content of our newest expansion will be available to play on March 27, 2013. Please note that the software itself will become available a day before on the 26th for installation purposes but actual usage will not be unlocked until the 27th. All registration codes that are included in the software may not be available to be registered until this release date.

If you are receiving error messages when attempting to register the product code or any other reward codes please wait until the scheduled availability date to register those codes.
    (0)

Character
    Zellchaver
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ah, so you mean the Chocobo Shirt is Adoulin content, then? I see, thanks. None of the other replies I've seen mentioned anything about the reward codes before, you see - only textbook answers about the product key.

I think a more informative error message would probably have been useful, though. "This code has expired" means just about the opposite of "This code is not yet active/usable." But alas, hindsight is 20/20, unlike its more useful sibling... I'll chalk it up to PS2 limitations, I guess.

But that does bring up another question: if the Chocobo Shirt code isn't usable until Adoulin releases either, why is it that we can get those codes, and not the product keys?
    (0)

Character
    Gretta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I am having the same issue only with the T-shirt code. Square Enix works extra hard trying to make things as confusing and difficult as possible. Their goal is to waste your time and mine. Why else would they continue to send out improper instructions for downloading and installing the content they are selling?

"This code has expired" means just about the opposite of "This code is not yet active/usable."
    So typical of SE.
    (0)

Character
    Zellchaver
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, now this is interesting - now it's telling me my code is invalid.
    (2)

Player
    Yeah it's doing the same thing to me. Any information coming from SE on this or...?
    (1)

Character
    Kagetachi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just tried to put in my code, I says code is invalid
    (1)

Character
    Figgs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagetachi View Post
    I just tried to put in my code, I says code is invalid
    Same issue for me... just got back from a 5 year hiatus from the game... "nice" to see not much has changed lol
    (1)
    Back home in FFXI where I belong

Character
    Nuri
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am having this same problem. I tried to register the code once I got it and, while everything else registered fine, I got the error that the code expired. Contacted support and got an email telling me that the code wouldn't register until the 27th at 8 AM PDT. Tried it at 9 AM PDT and got the new message that the code was invalid.

EDIT// Just in case this is relevant: I got my digital copy of the ultimate seekers edition from Amazon.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seveweyn; 03-28-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Loth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 39
    I too am getting the "code invalid" error when trying to register the chocobo shirt.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast