Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I'm not saying it's the best setup and I'm sure these axes will be outdated with the next update but for now It's whats working for me and that's all that matters.
    It's outdated now if you're getting towards the pointy end of DD builds for BST. I know that's why you've done it that way, or you wouldn't have 2 of the multi hit axes. So I was just wanting to let you know that there's better approaches out there. You're free to do anything you want in game, i'm just trying to share some information on what our optimal builds are. Personally I use a STR/Pet Attack for main hand and OA2-3 in off hand. I'm working towards Farsha for main hand and am probably going to roll back my OA2-3 to turn it into a DA Axe, once I have Farsha at level 85.

It's mainly something to keep in mind for the future as you get a bit more DA/TA gear. When you get Apocalypse atma then it's pretty much a no brainer to start heading down the DA Axe path. The problem with the multi hit axes is that Double Attack and Triple Attack actually get calculated BEFORE the mutli hit axes get calculated. So if your DA goes off on a hand with the multi hit axe, the multi hit isn't going to proc. Does that make sense?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeoni View Post
    Can't argue with that man, rock it~

I Love Beastmaster. Wish people would stop overlooking us, but whatev. It's those kind of comments, that describe what the game is all about and what makes it truly worth it.
    Personally ppl stopped over looking me when I started just about 1 hitting VT mobs with Rampage as a BST dual wielding -ppdt axes lol. Feels pretty awesome when your doing more dmg than the alliance. xD
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    It's mainly something to keep in mind for the future as you get a bit more DA/TA gear. When you get Apocalypse atma then it's pretty much a no brainer to start heading down the DA Axe path. The problem with the multi hit axes is that Double Attack and Triple Attack actually get calculated BEFORE the mutli hit axes get calculated. So if your DA goes off on a hand with the multi hit axe, the multi hit isn't going to proc. Does that make sense?
    rep the DA & TA gear for more str, att or whatever to increase your overall DoT.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    rep the DA & TA gear for more str, att or whatever to increase your overall DoT.
    No, just get the DA axe instead of the multi-hit one. The trials are actually much easier.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    No, just get the DA axe instead of the multi-hit one. The trials are actually much easier.
    lols. 10% DA would never beat 2-4 + 2-3 attack axes if u calculate it on 100 delays.

example 10% DA on 100 delay = 220 hits (u dual wield 2 axes)

2-4 axe (assumed 40/30/20/10% proc) = 200 hits
    2-3 axe (assumed 50/30/20% proc on wiki is correct) = 170 hits

now 200 hits + 170 hits = 370 hits within same amount of delays with 10% DA, with which u makes 220 hits (and with 2 DA axes u are at 19% DA = 238 hits)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 04-08-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    lols. 10% DA would never beat 2-4 + 2-3 attack axes if u calculate it on 100 delays.
    You're ignoring base damage. The DA axe has almost double the damage of the multi hit.

I'm not talking about just 10% DA too. So please read the entire thread, you missed the post where I first explained everything and as a result have made a post that's missed the point entirely.

Trust me, it's been tested and proven that the DA axe is a better option than the multi hit axes as you get more DA/TA. BST can get around 28% DA and 18% TA with Atmas and gear. At 10% DA you're right though, multi hit is still not a bad option. If you don't have anywhere near 10% DA from gear before, then yeah, don't bother yet. But Double Attack and Triple Attack are stats that you really want to focus on getting, If you're remotely serious about having a decent DD build.
    (1)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-08-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

example 10% DA on 100 delay = 220 hits (u dual wield 2 axes)

2-4 axe (assumed 40/30/20/10% proc) = 200 hits
    2-3 axe (assumed 50/30/20% proc on wiki is correct) = 170 hits

now 200 hits + 170 hits = 370 hits within same amount of delays with 10% DA, with which u makes 220 hits (and with 2 DA axes u are at 19% DA = 238 hits)
    If you have 20% da from gear (including the axe) and use atma of the apocalypse, a OA4 axe will NOT compete w/ a DA axe. Is this simple enough? i am going to write it out in crayon...

You will not find enough STR, DEX, or ATTACK gear to compete at all w/ the level of double attack, because they are almost all the same pieces for bst anyway: and they are not a big enough piece of the tp-phase damage.
    Ferine Armor +2 Set is 4/5 of the best tp set you can make.

If you think you can make a better tp build, please provide alternate equips that will make up the difference. (here, Ideal set for reference)
    You'll want to replace all those double attack and triple attack pieces for something better, because they will detract from the effectiveness of your OA4x axes.

Epona's ring is 3% Double attack and 3% triple attack. FYI 3% triple attack is like 2x the same amount of DA as far as damage improvement goes. So you could say Epona's ring is like 9% double attack all by itself. ferine feet +2 are another 3%, atheling mantle 3%, twilight belt 2%. brutal earring 5% A single off-hand DA axe is 10% (keeping space for high damage mainhand)

Thats equal to 32% double attack in gear for bst. I don't remember exactly where... but between 45% and 51% double attack is where the Occasionally attacks 4x axe is eclipsed and can never compete again vs double attack.
    You can remove the double attack to favor your OA4x axes, but you will get nothing comparable in gear.

if you use atma of the apocalypse thats 15% ta.... equal to 30% DA you are way over this threashold
    If you use Atma of the lion (common in bst -pdt build) you get 10% TA ... equal to 20% DA and you are over this threshhold.
    If you use Voracious violet you have another 5% and you are close to the threshhold.
    If you have ANY other da or ta atma (there are several) w/ voracious violet, you are over the threshhold.
    DA will be very competitive w/ an OA4x offhand axe in Any circumstance. If you add atma, it leaves OA4x axes behind completely.
    If you put 2x DA axes on, then you reach the threshhold even faster, but you lose on base damage for WS, even though base damage will be much higher than an OAx axe.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xilk; 04-08-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: clarity
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    okok let everyone look the same way and let everyone wear the same gear ^^
    seems like something unique isnt wanted in this game ^^
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    okok let everyone look the same way and let everyone wear the same gear ^^
    seems like something unique isnt wanted in this game ^^
    You're right. Unique, incorrect opinions about what is the best way to gear yourself aren't generally wanted.

If all you're doing it playing for fun then sure, do whatever you want. I for one though, tend to get more enjoyment out of this game when I know i'm making informed choices about my gear.

The question is, do you want your BST to perform well for yourself and groups, or do you want to be intentionally mediocre? I have a feeling it's the former, and we're only trying to help you do that. Nobody is saying you're gimp or an idiot or anything like that, we're just trying to encourage you in the right direction.
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-09-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    well, seems like i need to extend the math a bit

OCC 2-4 axe

1 hit = 40%
    2 hit = 30% equals 30% DA
    3 hit = 20% equals 40% DA
    4 hit = 10% equals 30% DA

alltogether that is 100% DA (of course not a true 100% DA because the attacks are staged)

OCC 2-3 attacks

1 hit = 50%
    2 hit = 30% equals 30% DA
    3 hit = 20% equals 40% DA

that would be 70% DA

now u take the mid of 100% and 70% and then u are at 85% DA

and now u can use some other gear / atma because u don't need to go for DA & TA all the time.
    u can add some more haste/str/dex/att/store tp gear and the same with atmas (or regain).

Edit: i would appreciate if u do the calc the way i did it, because it has a better overview, thx
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 04-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast