Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    Holy Jesus. Did you even read the update notes?

RE: Cosmic Elucidation - Please show where Tenzen uses anything that resembles Tachi: Rana. I can't bring myself to address the rest of it right now, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't bother trying to understand any of it if I did.

Also, please learn to use your enter key because I'm to stupid to read a full persons comment and have to just get the clip notes.
    I could really question your IQ here.........so I will, if Light <> Dark = t4 which CE is then would not Rana > Gekko which makes Dark then to Kaiten which Gekko <> Kaiten makes Light so that means Rana > Gekko > Kaiten = T4 or CE? The answer is obvious to a good same, so where do you fall. Also since when does the enter key have anything to do with what this post was about. Finally from what I've read on the sc update they want to decrease the damage of sc's because, no one wants to use them and they tend to be the by product of random ws's, but in exchange for that they intend it to lower the opponents resistance to that element and thus increase the damage done by MB, which sam can't cast spells, unless you really want to play the wrong job, so it only helps out when people really have trouble sticking stuff, which is rare but the time does arise.

Just to make you happy I put your enter in there, but I do have a question for you, are you one of those bandwagon sams from the hasso/seigan era? Seriously? Any good sam should know their sc and see that I was setting up a T4 which as I mention and it has also been brought up earlier in this forum that CE is T4 and that is basically what OP wants and who can blame him it is awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Since you so graciously asked:

I began playing this game at the PC release. What drew me to the game was the concept of skill-chaining. The cooperation between party members to produce something greater than the sum of the individual parts reminded me of Chrono Trigger to an extent, which was (and still remains) one of my favorite SquareSoft games.

When I hit level 30 on my first job, one of the first jobs I unlocked was Samurai. Since that day, SAM has remained my 'main job.'

I happily made parties, and as best I could with the players seeking, I invited other front-line jobs which could make skill chains with Samurai. I had my trusty Brady Guide at my side, and soon had memorized all of the major weapon skills for the typical jobs, and where they fell in relation to skillchains. The format of that skill-chain chart became so engrained in the way I thought about skill-chains that I could practically see it with my eyes closed, and when I came across new weapon skills that were not included on the chart, I penned them in rather than switching to Aden's amazing charts of the day.

I can clearly remember the day I hit level 30, and gleefully used Meditate the for the first time. It was a party in Garlaige Citadel on bats near the entrance. I was enjoying myself so much that I hit my trusty TP macro at each 20% interval for the first several uses of Meditate, much to the annoyance of the party I had at the time. But it was a bitter-sweet moment; while I had obtained the job ability that would help me accomplish the portion of the game I enjoyed so much, it was also the last job ability that was given to a Samurai at that point in the game.

SAM was the first job I took beyond 30 through all of the level caps, including Maat, eventually making it to level 75 well before Hasso and Seigan were introduced.

Thanks for asking.

Germane to the topic:
    Cosmic Elucidation is a gimmick in a BC fight. But because Tenzen is a Samurai and uses other pseudo-skill-chains before Cosmic Elucidation, the rest of us should have access?

Zeid is a Dark Knight. Do you hear DRKs crying about not having Abyssal Strike because it's used in a BC? No.

Zazarg is a Monk. Do you hear MNKs crying about not getting Meteoric Impact, because it's something he uses in Besieged? No.

Shantotto is a Black Mage. In one of the mission BCs, she spams tier 1 elemental magic for 2000-3000 damage each. Are BLMs screaming about how they can't match up? No.

Do you see the similarity? Why do I bother asking this question? You're obviously going to continue bashing my I.Q. while talking about "clip notes" (whatever the hell those are) and pulling ridiculously incorrect ideas out of the job adjustments post which have no relation to what is actually written.

Please quote for me the section of dev1017 where it says anything -at all- about lowering skill-chain damage. Hint: You can't, it's not fucking there.

CliffsNotes: I'd bet I've been a Samurai longer than you have. Stop being an idiot.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    First, we are talking about T4 sc's, not any of those other unique job ws's and if you really have been a sam like you've said you would know that the ability Cosmic Elucidation is a skillchain and we amoungst the sam community have always called it the only T4 sc. Second if you bothered to read stuff that didn't have [Dev????] then you would have caught that post about the devs thoughts on sc's where they said they were gonna lower the damage and increase the effects of mb. Third if sc's are your forte, then you wouldn't have missed the point I made that Dark <> Light would be T4 sc which as I previously mentioned was the main topic of this thread. So to round this up, who's being the idiot if they can't even follow the topic of the forum?
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    I could really question your IQ here.........so I will, if Light <> Dark = t4 which CE is then would not Rana > Gekko which makes Dark then to Kaiten which Gekko <> Kaiten makes Light so that means Rana > Gekko > Kaiten = T4 or CE? The answer is obvious to a good same, so where do you fall. Also since when does the enter key have anything to do with what this post was about. Finally from what I've read on the sc update they want to decrease the damage of sc's because, no one wants to use them and they tend to be the by product of random ws's, but in exchange for that they intend it to lower the opponents resistance to that element and thus increase the damage done by MB, which sam can't cast spells, unless you really want to play the wrong job, so it only helps out when people really have trouble sticking stuff, which is rare but the time does arise.

Just to make you happy I put your enter in there, but I do have a question for you, are you one of those bandwagon sams from the hasso/seigan era? Seriously? Any good sam should know their sc and see that I was setting up a T4 which as I mention and it has also been brought up earlier in this forum that CE is T4 and that is basically what OP wants and who can blame him it is awesome.
    Gekko to Kaiten is distortion not light, So rana>gekko>kaiten would not work for a T4.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    His idea is that Rana>Gekko would produce a Darkness skill chain, which would then be closed by Kaiten, which has a primary Light element, supposedly producing Cosmic Elucidation.

It still doesn't matter, because despite what you and your cadre of imbeciles have considered it, Cosmic Elucidation is just a BC gimmick. No amount of wishing and pissing and moaning about it in what you consider the 'sam community' will change that. If they do decide to open up the realm of fourth-tier skill chains, I highly doubt they'll call it such.

As for reducing skill chain damage, please link me to the post where an official employee of Square-Enix references this. The only references I've seen to reducing skill chain damage have been from idiots, not anyone associated with SE.

And you're right about not reading every post on this forum. If it doesn't have a crown icon, I'm probably going to ignore it, because it's essentially guaranteed to be idiotic shit just like this.

Every once in a while I let myself get sucked in, though, and it usually ends with me trying to fix stupid. And then I give up once I come to the conclusion that it's futile.

Like now.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    First, we are talking about T4 sc's, not any of those other unique job ws's and if you really have been a sam like you've said you would know that the ability Cosmic Elucidation is a skillchain and we amoungst the sam community have always called it the only T4 sc. Second if you bothered to read stuff that didn't have [Dev????] then you would have caught that post about the devs thoughts on sc's where they said they were gonna lower the damage and increase the effects of mb. Third if sc's are your forte, then you wouldn't have missed the point I made that Dark <> Light would be T4 sc which as I previously mentioned was the main topic of this thread. So to round this up, who's being the idiot if they can't even follow the topic of the forum?
    people calling CE t4 doesn't mean it 's T4, it's a scpecial SC out of general chart that is only available with amatsu tuskikage,

His idea is that Rana>Gekko would produce a Darkness skill chain, which would then be closed by Kaiten, which has a primary Light element, supposedly producing Cosmic Elucidation.

It still doesn't matter, because despite what you and your cadre of imbeciles have considered it, Cosmic Elucidation is just a BC gimmick. No amount of wishing and pissing and moaning about it in what you consider the 'sam community' will change that. If they do decide to open up the realm of fourth-tier skill chains, I highly doubt they'll call it such.

As for reducing skill chain damage, please link me to the post where an official employee of Square-Enix references this. The only references I've seen to reducing skill chain damage have been from idiots, not anyone associated with SE.

And you're right about not reading every post on this forum. If it doesn't have a crown icon, I'm probably going to ignore it, because it's essentially guaranteed to be idiotic shit just like this.

Every once in a while I let myself get sucked in, though, and it usually ends with me trying to fix stupid. And then I give up once I come to the conclusion that it's futile.

Like now.

QFT.

want to see link too
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Like now.
    Cosmic Elucidation is a Level 4 Skillchain (or Renkei), composed of unknown elements.

this straight from wiki, now before you go saying wiki is bunch of bs blah blah blah this has been up on wiki for over 4 years, which is when I first stumbled across this, so seeing how its been left it it is accepted as truth by all those who can edit, so your callin a large group of people imbeciles.

Also it was a response by Camate idk if it was crowned at the time but its there go find it yourself because I'm tired of dealing with your idiotic bs, so go do some work because I find it interesting that a self proclaimed lover of skillchains would have missed that.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    the down point from wiki is taht every single clueless noob can edit it. and there is the verification needed tag on it
    from renkei chart T1 is single element, T2 is 2elements, t3 is 4element, so renkei T4 is all 8 element
    CE doesn't match this, it's NOT T4 it's an out of renkei SC
    (0)
    Last edited by hiko; 06-14-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    I would like to see sam get a skill that makes it easier for them to chain. Possibly something like dancers wild flourish possibly.

Thanks SE for listening xD

Konzen-ittai is perfect.
    (1)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    I'm sure it was your comment that caused them to implement Konzen-ittai. Yep.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast