Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    i honestly think making cure V only accessible through a stratagem is an absolutely horrible idea doing so would inhibit scholars flexibility.

think about this you would be wasting all of your stratagems just to cast a decent cure.

if anything i believe a healing type helix would make more sense say a base of 200-300 hp and then repeat for a minute giving 100 hp or so.

sorry my bad only way id see it being ok if its only allowed under addendum
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I believe this has already been discussed before, but I'll say it again, since it is frustrating to find stuff sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Tier 2 Storm spells: Would add Double weather effect, reduce damage taken by spells of that element, occationally absorb damage taken by spells of that element (much like tier II carol's but stacks with both carol's and bar spells), and Stormsurge merit stats are doubled (instead of +7 str on firestorm, +14 str on firestorm II if fully merited)
    Tier 2 storm spells would already be overpowered enough as is, without giving them more overpowered BS on top of it. If you want storm spells to make people absorb the element, it should definitely be a separate spell, at the least. Doubling Stormsurge would be fine however.

Here are what weather effects give, assuming you are wearing an elemental obi:

10% for magic of the day
    10% for magic matching single weather
    25% for magic matching double weather
    35% for magic matching double weather and day

This is also in addition to the 5% boost given by the Twilight Cape. Note that these bonuses stack with other bonuses multiplicatively and ignore caps.

A Scholar with a perfect cure potency set can reach 38% outside Abyssea, and 50% inside. With single weather effects from the Korin Obi and the Twilight Cape, this becomes 58% outside, and 72% inside. If these boosts were double weather, they would be 79% and 95%, respectively. Ignoring the mini-expansion equipment, double weather would still get a respectable 69% outside Abyssea. It gets worse when you consider elemental nukes, which many Scholars consider to be pretty balanced.

Perhaps this wouldn't be as bad if SE also adjusted the levels at which Scholar gets Thunderstorm, Voidstorm, and Aurorastorm to subable levels, but as is, the boost means that in lowman situations, the only thing protecting older jobs from being obsoleted is the ability to proc for Black Mage, or the presence of of a single spell for White Mage.

Having a Scholar is already a incredible useful thing - a 15% multiplying boost to spells in many situations. Perhaps this maybe overshadowed by other jobs getting many of the storm spells - one of the things that make Scholar's unique. Perhaps the solution is to give it the Refresh treatment, or perhaps the solution is to give it the treatment that other jobs with a monopoly on certain spells, skills, and abilities got when Wings of the Goddess came out. But double weather is a very, very, very strong buff, and should be decided on carefully.
    (1)

Player
    A stratagem that enables new spells would be basically the same as the current stratagems that drastically increase potency, and the cure power stratagem is less than amazing.

Lowering the levels of the single weathers so the last one is at 49 and adding double weathers for high level Scholars would be really awesome. Since double weather provides over twice the bonus of single weather, Scholar would only gain from this and it would give many mage jobs new toys.
    (3)

Player
    I wouldn't complain if Stormsurge simply added 1% to Storm spells effect and nothing more - though ideally the stats boost would still be there and work like Gain spells rather than a static +#.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    A stratagem that enables new spells would be basically the same as the current stratagems that drastically increase potency, and the cure power stratagem is less than amazing.

Lowering the levels of the single weathers so the last one is at 49 and adding double weathers for high level Scholars would be really awesome. Since double weather provides over twice the bonus of single weather, Scholar would only gain from this and it would give many mage jobs new toys.
    I am extremely in favor of this. It narrows the gap that would be created between WHM and SCH cure potency and allows BLM to enhance their own best nuke. It allows SCH to retain the master magic enhancer position by providing a natural evolution to one of the most interesting aspects of the job that has barely been touched outside of what is now a very minimal enhancement from Stormsurge. Double weather has been something almost every SCH has wanted since 2007, and this sounds like a perfect way to do it while minimizing the QQing from other jobs.
    (5)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Hailstorm will already be subbable by 99, I'm all for reducing the levels and letting whm/sch aurorastorm itself especially if we get double weathers.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This could potentially be a solution to SCHs light arts woes. Capped cure potency and double weather would give cure4 quite a punch.

the rough numbers i punched into a cure calculator came up with 740ish cure4. That's respectable without being overpowered. It doesnt solve the problem of needing a decent 2nd cure to alternate while spamming though.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Nor the problem of generating much more enmity than a 1200 HP Cure V.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I just find it funny they gave us Raise 3 and Reraise 3 and no higher tier Cure.. It just makes no sense..

Also I believe that the new Gain and Boost abilities are a tad better than Storm spells when it comes to the stat boost it gives.

I think we should get Stormsurge II and have it raise the stats few a few more points and give double weather.

Or give us the ability to further enhance Storms spells, not like Klimaform but something better. A JA you can trigger that lasts for like 30 minutes and gives more stats to your storm affects and better magic acc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Miera; 09-04-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeMage View Post
    Nor the problem of generating much more enmity than a 1200 HP Cure V.
    Honestly, I don't think enmity gain would be a huge issue if it were just possible for any job other than White Mage to keep people alive in new content. Lower enmity gain is an advantage that White Mage has had since day one, and a pretty awesome bonus for the best healer to have.

However, only one job being able to make people not die for almost all new content is pretty dumb.
    (3)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast