Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Did i get personal in any way? I guess no but i'll get to that,

Your admit that your Sam and Mnk are Abysburned and have sucky gear/skills right now eh?
    Bet they are.

No one even asked Dnc to outdo a Whm in its role nor do i want split timers since its overpowering.
    But Cure Potency cap is a diffrent story. Its awsome on spot healing.
    And it doesnt even concern PPL that cant even reach 30%......

And i never said that i wanna mainheal again. So let me clarify..... if im Healing around 5 ppl in an event thats ok considdering they have better Dmg than me. (if not i'll DD)
    Debuffing and Buffing are Support too. That said you can DD but your have to priorize cures over DD and be ready to do it. As in no means to get tp instanly = Bad.

As said its NOT about mainhealing. Spot healers are Spot healers and you can heal in any of the events that you mentioned. Given not mainheal.
    But without cure Potency gear you arnt at your full potential of playing.
    Been 75 sam and mnk since 75 lol...Get a twashtar and try dnc/war, and you will understand the potential the job allows. The job does just fine for support healing, and it takes barely any damage due to superior evasion. The job has the ability to have great damage output, evasion tank anything worthwhile, support cure, and enfeeble, but that's not enough? Need to split timers and give us more? The job is PERFECT the way it is. And no frank, i refuse to talk to you. I don't even know if you play the damn job and you comment on the shit as if your godly at it.
    (0)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh and trying to dis me doesn't work lol. I typically parse first to second every run with ukon warriors on my sam haha. Just saying, dancer isn't needed as a support healer. It's far better off as a DD/cure if needed.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Oh and trying to dis me doesn't work lol. I typically parse first to second every run with ukon warriors on my sam haha. Just saying, dancer isn't needed as a support healer. It's far better off as a DD/cure if needed.
    I forgot i don't even need to Dis you. Your a Galka. Period.

Its like you didnt even Read. That what i said. And If you don't place you Dmg Output over cures thats Supportive playstyle. (Considdering you do your Debuffs/Haste Samba)

Been on the DD side. Dmg output is huge if you gear for it yes. And you need around 2 WHM because the almighty defenses arnt all that good. But then again your not capping attack easyly on everything worthwhile. And theres the Issue that your not the only person in the Group. Others need the Mages too. There will be a Sam or a Mnk (Useually) doing more Dmg, but dieing faster.

So its more like, either you die fast or you need around 2 mages to yourself.... teamplay?

And i have Rudras makes it even worse capping hate so fast.

So i hold Dmg a bit since i don't wanna tank, or in some cases even cure more then dmg since spellcures are to slow in some cases.
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sounds like the real reason you think that support DNC has a place in modern FFXI is that you play with really horrible mages.

Two good white mages (sometimes, one) can keep an entire Voidwatch alliance alive barring NMs that cast death or one-shot people with no support from even a BRD, RDM, or COR (let's face it, the WHM is just going to get DD rolls even if there is a COR in their party...which in most cases there will be).

Not being in Voidwatch implies that you're either 1.) in Abyssea, 2.) fighting enemies that are a maximum of Decent Challenge, or 3.) doing Grounds of Valor on high level enemies.

In case 1.) You cap evasion on everything in a DD set, and you can solo almost everything without shadows. Let's face it, if you're bringing DNC to Abyssea, you're either in a large group that has everything covered and you're just tagging along, you're soloing, or you're stupid. There's rarely a reason to drop saber dance, either.

In case 2.) You will very nearly cap evasion with signet and your DD set. You're probably one of the more survivable jobs just because nothing can hit you, and you have Fan Dance if shit hits the ... uh ... fan. For the most part, a Waltz V every 3 minutes (Saber Dance recast) is enough to keep you going provided that you bring remedies or remedy ointments along and are fighting enemies that don't cast magic.

In case 3.) You must be pretty bored.

You claim to understand the job well, and yet your posts point to exactly the opposite. We all want support DNC to be viable. It just isn't. Claiming your spot cures, sambas, and watered down damage are a strong enough asset to a party or alliance to merit you not being there on another job is just ... well ... either you're completely delusional, or you're playing with some really terrible groups.

It's basically the same as a RDM claiming that they are worth bringing because they can melee.
    (3)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 03-16-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Whats with WoE? :>
    and if im pretty bored I go solo VT-IT+ just for the Challenge. (You and find these in Boyada if your bored enought)

A Dnc helping to cure and a Rdm trying to DD is like not compareable lol.

Dnc can do ok. Rdm can't do ok except maybe in Atma Zones.
    (0)
    Odin Server

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's not really a challenge. VT-IT+ hit you less than half the time, or you're gearing poorly.

WoE is barely an event and you might as well not go if you're not a Summoner, unless you want to spend most of the time weakened.

And it is comparable. Just like you should have brought a real melee instead of a RDM, if you needed heals, you should have brought a mage. There's just no need for DNC to help heal.

Yes, you can do it (albeit, mediocrely) just like a RDM can melee (mediocrely). Just because you want to do something doesn't make it useful.

Additionally, mages just don't need help. Any situation where they're struggling to keep up, you'd be better off tossing a BRD,COR, or additional mage, instead of a DNC.
    (3)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    WoE is barely an event and you might as well not go if you're not a Summoner, unless you want to spend most of the time weakened.
    Thats so wrong. The Event had so so many updates and gets more. Only because its 'to hard' for many NA Players its not bad. Also most of the time now (except #17)
    Smns are Horrible Tp feed. Its absolutely doable the standart setup and its a lot of fun. (Yes i am Smn and say that STILL.)

Yes, you can do it (albeit, mediocrely) just like a RDM can melee (mediocrely). Just because you want to do something doesn't make it useful.
    Well i had a LOT Voidwatch runs where the Tank was in the Red and only survived because of Dnc cures. I nerver had any Event where a meele rdm saved the day.

Additionally, mages just don't need help. Any situation where they're struggling to keep up, you'd be better off tossing a BRD,COR, or additional mage, instead of a DNC.
    Silencega. Say Echodrops..... i will tell you that the 50% of the mages dont have any.

Or are so slow that the Tanks die.

If are going for perfect situations Yes DNC will not have to heal a lot. BUT perfect situations are Rare. Be realistic.
    (2)
    Odin Server

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Thats so wrong. The Event had so so many updates and gets more. Only because its 'to hard' for many NA Players its not bad. Also most of the time now (except #17)
    Smns are Horrible Tp feed. Its absolutely doable the standart setup and its a lot of fun. (Yes i am Smn and say that STILL.)
    WoE isn't hard. It's just annoying and the chance of getting anything good is so low that there's no motivation for anyone to do it. The reason WoE gets so many updates is because it's a terribly designed event. The caturae WoE is even easier than the rest of them, because you only have to kill one mob, and a group of SMN do that with zero difficulty.

Well i had a LOT Voidwatch runs where the Tank was in the Red and only survived because of Dnc cures. I nerver had any Event where a meele rdm saved the day.
    Tank? In Voidwatch?

This is sign #1 that you're in a sub-par group.

Silencega. Say Echodrops..... i will tell you that the 50% of the mages dont have any.
    Sign #2 that you are in a bad group.

Or are so slow that the Tanks die.
    Sign #3 you're in a bad group.

If are going for perfect situations Yes DNC will not have to heal a lot.
    Wrong. In a group, DNC only needs to heal in the worst of situations.

BUT perfect situations are Rare. Be realistic.
    If decent parties are so rare in your eyes, I would suggest that you play with better people.

What's really going on here is that you WANT to play support DNC, so you're justifying its existence with situations that 1.) don't occur in a good group and 2.) claiming that the job is useful because "not all groups are good."

I will reiterate, if your backline is playing appropriately, there is absolutely no justification for a support Dancer. If your backline is not playing appropriately, kick them and get new mages.
    (2)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I nerver had any Event where a meele rdm saved the day.
    Maybe that enspell II's elemental resistance reduction made that crucial enfeeble proc land? Ever think of that? That situation is about as likely (actually, probably more likely) as a "support, spot-healing" DNC who holds back on damage being more beneficial to an alliance than just bringing a different job.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Blood Pacts give 0 TP, which means Summoners don't actually have to give TP at all. The fact that they leave their avatars on bosses (and subsequently feed TP - much slower than a Hasted melee) is just a byproduct of the fact that they need to leave their avatars on the boss as a tank.
    (3)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast