Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Hmm I have no problems with the mob turning yellow or losing claim doing this. I will test it again when the servers are up and repost
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    A long time ago I used to solo worms with smn.. and used Dia a lot but now a days it seems they have removed the amount of hate you get from it so when your pet is pulled off it goes green
    Don`t think they changed enmity on dia, I think they raised the amount of enmity you need on a mob before it will be claimed.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yopop View Post
    I don't think Dia works like that anymore

Atleast it doesn't for me. I've had luck with Flash but never with Dia.

A long time ago I used to solo worms with smn.. and used Dia a lot but now a days it seems they have removed the amount of hate you get from it so when your pet is pulled off it goes green
    I've had the same issue on any job trying to spam spells, pull pet off and it's still yellow even after Feral Howl/Provoke/Flash w/e. They could fix it by simply allowing the mob to stay claimed for about 20 seconds after all hate is removed, this will still allow others to jump in if a group wipes and can't take the mob, or allow us BST's to keep at it while we're swapping pets. (not that I've had to charm anything since aby came out. >.<)
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I always keep DoTs on NMs Helixes and Dia/Bio and while it was still in effect mobs can still become Unclaimed. I witnessed this on Irathem, Rani and Chloris and several other NMs.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Player
    It's also complete and utter bullshit when you've done 80% of the mobs HP, have full hate, yet some asshole is able to run up and hit it twice and get claim. While it's still hitting you. -_-
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    ok heres my test.... i lost hate with out doing it when I switched pets normaly. Sticking dia 2 I never lost hate from my accounts. Id recomend sticking Dia2 on it all times to help this issue till is addressed.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    The whole "it's fair game if it's yellow" thing needs to stop.
    No it doesn't. Half the people who argue this are told time and again by GMs if it's yellow it's fair game. End of story.
    (0)

Basically we need

#1 the pet to only atk wat its told so we can maintain claim on a NM in the midst of links

#2 If your pet fights 1 monster while you fight another monster they flash back and forth claimed/unclaimed. This needs to be fixed. We are a pet job. We get 2 toons. Give us the benefit that comes from that in regards to holding claim on 2 things.

P.S. as far as losing claim on a pet swap. never had it happen to me. I have used heel and stay b4 duing an NM fight and had the NM just decide to go yellow for no reason even tho its still hitting the pet. That shouldnt happen =/
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    The whole "it's fair game if it's yellow" thing needs to stop.

If it's clear that you already have agg on the monster, it should be yours until you no longer wish to do it.

This happens on BST, BLM, and all this necro-killsteal crap you now see in Abyssea all the time.
    My claims are all about time. If you're killing it at a reasonable speed, or its low enough to where even the speed you're fighting it at is going to be a quick death, then I won't touch it.

If I have to sit there and wait 30+ mins for either a ToD or for a ??? to repop, then yea, sorry, if you can't maintain claim, you can start your 30 mins over when I'm done.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    My claims are all about time. If you're killing it at a reasonable speed, or its low enough to where even the speed you're fighting it at is going to be a quick death, then I won't touch it.

If I have to sit there and wait 30+ mins for either a ToD or for a ??? to repop, then yea, sorry, if you can't maintain claim, you can start your 30 mins over when I'm done.
    Why on earth would you waste half an hour standing around like a slack jawed yokel waiting for someone to kill a mob? Surely you have other things to do?
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast