Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaht
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilax View Post
    It might sound not fair just because you see it as money maker when is obviously not, as i stated that could be 500k glass to collect rare/ex currency.
    It certainly is for the fair linkshells that split currency and/or give payouts to their members.

If you look how not fair it is because someone spend gil to get currency while other collect AF for free then again you missed the point, I agree now the gear is garbage, but there still people doing dynamis just for the fun of helping a friend for his relic weapon (and is still 500k cost).
    Would you go to abyssea and help 1 individual get all the +2 upgrade components, empyrean weapon upgrade components, and sellable drops (heed ring, artemis necklace, etc) while he let you ONLY have the seals? How is that different than letting 1 person keep all the currency in dynamis? (other than the fact that the +1 gear you can make with those seals is substantially better than garbage relic armor drops, matter of fact - this example is a lot more fair than dynamis, but I doubt anybody would fall for a scam like this - so why do we let it perpetuate in dynamis?)

I can see what you involve into you idea, every member should have a share of the currency and Mr. I Buy Gil (or let say BOB) should buy it from your LS member for 6x the real cost right? 500k Glass = 350 currency average, 500k/350 = 1.5k each... how much Ordel sell again? ~12k (just 10x the price nto too bad.... orz) You guy derailed with dynamis...
    wut?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but yes - I think dynamis currency drops should be split among members, minus the cost of the glass - 12k per ordelle's means the leader keeps the first 42 pieces of currency to pay for his out of pocket cost. After that, even splits among members since they're all doing the same amount of work.

Any other system than that will benefit 1 individual more than the rest.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    It isn't fair. Buttering it up by talking about how your linkshell does things and how all your friends do it to help eachother (which, btw, I have trouble believing because I do not sincerely believe you represent the thoughts of everybody in your linkshell) does not change the fact that there exists a monumental difference in rewards between the players who are obtaining currency and the players are not. You probably would view things differently if you weren't ever one of those people. I think you might take it well to think over something you said earlier in the thread.

You're voicing complaints over the changing of a system that is absurdly unfair and that most people didn't like anyways simply because you like it. Sounds like you don't care about what the majority of players think.
    If SE change it is clearly not because no one do dynamis anymore (On fenrir dynamis always been very active, and with abyssea content that did not change anything) Kinda funny how you turn the first cry baby complaining about it on me. very ironic, but try harder. Also as i stated, instead SE make change on what people clearly LOVE (even if is only 10%) they should fix what 99.9% people find really useless [Sky, sea, Garison, WoE, Campaign, all zone in general.... etc] I am sure everyone would /welcome change on it without complaining.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The mechanics seem a little vague to me.

Does it mean everyone has an individual hour glass that begins counting down when they enter?
    Does an individual/group claim a mob as on a regular battlefield complete with drops only falling to the individual/group?
    Will the zone have a max number of people who can be in it at the same time?

I have more questions but the other questions involve the answers to the above. Depending on how it's implemented, it could be a real cluster. But, please make it nothing like WoE.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Nausi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    Getting a pile of garbage equipment for 7 hours a week while leaders get millions of gil worth of currency. Enjoy your pile.

I'm pretty sure a person sitting on a pile of gil could buy all the currency faster than he could get a linkshell to farm it up for him.

That's not the point. Whether you're selling the currency or keeping it for yourself, your net worth is going up by the same amount. Based on prices of currency, what's the average cost of a relic these days? 150mil-ish? Whether the person sells the currency or makes the 150mil weapon himself, he's still 150mil richer.

Let's look at it a different way, let's say you farm 5mil worth of currency off a run and the leader drops it all. That's 5mil currency that's not going into everyone else's pockets.

So whether they keep it, sell it, drop it, it doesn't matter. It's capital that the leader keeps for themselves, when they are only contributing a small amount of the work required to obtain it. You can argue about this till you're blue in the face, but the simple fact is that it's just not fair.
    Wow Q_Q some more. Leaders and the ones that buy the glass take all the risk. As small as that risk is these days its still their risk, and because of it, they should call the shots as to how the loot should be distributed. If you don't like running that way because you don't think its fair, then run your own raid however you like.
    (0)

Character
    Kaht
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost1anguage View Post
    Wow Q_Q some more. Leaders and the ones that buy the glass take all the risk. As small as that risk is these days its still their risk, and because of it, they should call the shots as to how the loot should be distributed. If you don't like running that way because you don't think its fair, then run your own raid however you like.
    Risk? lolwut?

Lemme guess, you're a leader of a dynamis ls that keeps all the currency. I know saying this stuff out loud on a public forum has the potential to undermine your dynamis pyramid scheme if all the people under you catch wind of how stupid they are for supporting your relic for no reward. But using "risk" as a way to validate keeping the currency is a stretch at best. Nice try, but you still fail.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but yes - I think dynamis currency drops should be split among members, minus the cost of the glass - 12k per ordelle's means the leader keeps the first 42 pieces of currency to pay for his out of pocket cost. After that, even splits among members since they're all doing the same amount of work.

Any other system than that will benefit 1 individual more than the rest.
    That just another way to do it too, i mean if your ls have 16 member, then is just going to take 16yr to finish all them, the game going to be dead before any of you get relic weapon.

Of course one of your member 'Mr. Bob' might get relic by buying everyone currency at 6x the price (bc you know how everyone are greedy) so don't really expect Mr. Bob to stay after he done. Or you can be in a miracle LS where everyone as ME give they currency for totally free (is what i do in salvage) But GL on that.

Fact is, no matter how people got they relic, is either 4 way, they had friend, They abused of everyone, they buy gil, they ruined they life farming 10x the real price of currency. End of story. And trust me i thanks SE for having that kind of event to make difference from Mr. A/B/C/D in the game. And i am sure some name can pop in your head (probably mine as i abused of my LS, should ask them if i really did, you be surprise)

But no matter my way or your way, we still derail about the subject, making 'open zone' wont help any of us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ilax; 03-10-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to shed some light on a correction we made to the original post:
    • Monster claim and item drops will work the same way as in regular fields and dungeons.
    Sorry for the earlier confusion and I hope this clears things up!
    (0)

Camate, FFXI Dev team. I love you.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to shed some light on a correction we made to the original post:
    • Monster claim and item drops will work the same way as in regular fields and dungeons.
    Sorry for the earlier confusion and I hope this clears things up!
    Thanks for this update Cemate ^^
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Considering the present state of both of Square-Enix' MMO's, are you particularly surprised at this development?

As for the adjustments, I get the feeling that this is really going to screw up Dynamis for legitimate players.
    Legitimate players? You mean anyone that plays the game exactly as you dictate it should be played?

The fact is that Dynamis was dying because the content became irrelevant. SE is now changing it so that it might be relevant to more players again.
    (0)

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast