Thread: 99 Too Soon?

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

99 Too Soon?

While I don't believe there's been an official release date on when the real servers will receive the level 99 cap increase update (correct me if I'm wrong), it is certainly drawing near. I'm curious though, how many of you all are welcoming it so soon?

Personally, I feel like it's too soon. 95 increase was not that long ago, and I know there is the new Voidwatch tier to be added alongside it (and the eventual new 'content' like Dungeon Crawling), but to me it feels almost rushed upon us.

Perhaps I'm in denial since I'm not currently partaking in Voidwatch as it comes out (I plan and hope to begin in the near future if I can help it), but it is just my thought on it. Please, I am interested to know if anyone else agrees or disagrees?
    (3)
    ara ara

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    They are rushing it, they want to get it out of the way. level 99 should have happened ages ago so they could then focus on job balance, new areas and so on. Everyone can fully level them up and skill up and have done with it for the real new endgame.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No such thing as too soon. Level 99 is not going to be the end of new stuff. In fact, as SE has said, the level cap update is only a small part of the job related updates planned.
    (0)

The sooner we get to 99, the sooner we can get out of this Midgame phase and down to business. The introduction of 99 means the introduction of real, solid Endgame for the first time since the initial cap increase to 80. Abyssea, Walk of Echoes, and Voidwatch parts 1 and 2 were hopefully just things to keep us busy while they worked on 99 content (The Last Stand, etc), so I'm interested in seeing what they've come up with.
    (5)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    GG got it right.

I don't care about what number my level is at, it hasn't mattered since 80 came out. I just want endgame that draws my attention for more than a couple weeks. A reason to log in would be great.
    (0)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Wow are you been serious it's taken far to long man never mind to soon.
    (0)
    Htid!

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    once 99 comes out I can start working on epeening geartsets. doesnt really makes sense to get the absolute best gear for X situation in a mid level. Waiting especially to see if the perfect sky augments will stay top notch @99.
    (0)

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No such thing as too soon. Level 99 is not going to be the end of new stuff. In fact, as SE has said, the level cap update is only a small part of the job related updates planned.
    True, but I myself feel like the increase to 99 should wait until further along on the planned updates. But again it's just my own feeling, and I am pleased people are sharing how they feel on the matter!
    (1)
    ara ara

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Registeel View Post
    True, but I myself feel like the increase to 99 should wait until further along on the planned updates. But again it's just my own feeling, and I am pleased people are sharing how they feel on the matter!
    In reality it would have been a whole lot better if they didn't wait several years to move the cap past 75 (and then they could have spaced things out more evenly and we probably wouldn't be having discussions like this).
    (2)

Not soon enough originally level 99 was going to be last December.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast